Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

The Fairly Odd Parents Thread

Page: 1 of 2
 Smon
07-21-2006, 8:05 PM
One of my favorite shows on TV is The Fairly Oddparents, now since it's coming to an end (The Jimmy/Timmy Power Hour 3 will be the last episode.) I decided to start a thread on the LFRD to talk about how awesome it is.

"AAH MAN-EGG!"
 Rock_California
07-21-2006, 8:49 PM
Fairly Odd Parents...One of the only reasons I watch Nick...And another way for me and Dad to bond!!! I love this show!!!
 Mashi An'krekku
07-21-2006, 9:03 PM
The early seasons were good, but then everyone started getting OOC (I.E. Wanda and Cosmo seeming less like a googly-lovy-dovy married couple.) and it got...bad.
 DarthAve
07-22-2006, 12:09 AM
I only watch it for the Trixie episodes Odd parents or not, Timmy's a loser.
 milo
07-22-2006, 12:51 AM
FOP=suck.
Watch Spongebob.
 Mashi An'krekku
07-22-2006, 12:55 AM
I can't even stand Spongebob anymore. Too redundant.
Now ME, I only watch Avatar. Because that series is ****ing PWN.
ANYONE WHO SAYS OTHERWISE IS STUPID AND A LIAR. [/Slim's Choice]
 milo
07-22-2006, 1:01 AM
I can't even stand Spongebob anymore. Too redundant.
Now ME, I only watch Avatar. Because that series is ****ing PWN.
ANYONE WHO SAYS OTHERWISE IS STUPID AND A LIAR. [/Slim's Choice]
I challenge you to a duel.
 Mashi An'krekku
07-22-2006, 1:01 AM
FIVE PACES AND THEN WE SHOOT.
1...2....3 *blam!*

Okay, back to the topic.

Remember when Cosmo's voice changed? That was freaky.
 milo
07-22-2006, 1:05 AM
FIVE PACES AND THEN WE SHOOT.
1...2....3 *blam!*

You missed.
*shoots Mashi*
 DarthAve
07-22-2006, 1:08 AM
It's like when Lois's voice changed on family guy. And yeah, it was freaky.

I'm pretty much done with nick. I'm a Bravo, VH1, MTV, and Style network person now.
 Psychochaos3
07-22-2006, 12:12 PM
i like the voice change. Before, he sounded more like a game show host than an idiot fairy.
 Zetz Darke
07-22-2006, 12:55 PM
I liked this show back when it was an Oh Yeah! cartoon. I very rarely watch Nick these days for any reason. The network is very slowly increasing in suckiness.
 DarthAve
07-22-2006, 1:28 PM
I liked this show back when it was an Oh Yeah! cartoon. I very rarely watch Nick these days for any reason. The network is very slowly increasing in suckiness.
It's trying to out-suck Cartoon Network. That's gonna take come work. I do watch boomerang though, cause I love the old school cartoons. and the shows have no commericials.
 itchythesamurai
07-22-2006, 2:02 PM
Take it back, Darth! Cartoon Network is so much better than Nick! (They've got Adult Swim...)
 Mashi An'krekku
07-22-2006, 2:03 PM
At least CN has SOME quality shows. To me, Nick has...Avatar.

[insert spam dump of avatar screenshots here]

Take it back, Darth! Cartoon Network is so much better than Nick! (They've got Adult Swim...)

Oh yeaaaah. That IS why I watch Cartoon Network anymore!
 Miss_Mayhem
07-22-2006, 2:18 PM
Mashi, i totally agree with you. Avatar pwns! Sure, it's ameranime, but it's better than alot of stuff that comes out of japan like pokemon ... and other crummy collectathons that end with -mon ('sept for digimon, that was cool). Though the Avatar section of FF is a jungle full of eye-damaging, psyche-shattering 'Zutara' ... eww ... It's the only good show on Nick anymore. Disney-Channel is a little better (empahis on 'a little'), and CN is like a 7 out of 10. Hey, it has The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy.
 milo
07-22-2006, 2:23 PM
Take it back. Pokemon >>>>>> Avatar.
 DarthAve
07-22-2006, 2:24 PM
I like adult swim(the comedy stuff at least) but that's a WHOLE 'nother league. Cartoon network, is like kids crap and stuff. Adult swim is the 'attract the teen audience' thing. Although I wish AS would bring back Space Ghost, coast to coast and The Brak Show.
 Miss_Mayhem
07-22-2006, 2:34 PM
Sorry Milo, i was just about to be your buddy, but then you pwned Avatar *huddles up in corner and conspires the demise of pokemon*. But then again ... pikachu is very cute. Oh, lo and behold, I have a new Katara avatar!
 DarthAve
07-22-2006, 2:38 PM
I used to freggin love pokemon. but i kinda used to love fairly odd parents.

Whatever happened to Trixie's skitzo friend, Veronica.

"Don't call me Veronica. CALL ME TRIXIE! I"M TRIXIE!!!!" lol.
 itchythesamurai
07-22-2006, 2:39 PM
Take it back. Pokemon >>>>>> Avatar.

Milo, I stand on your side. We should hold hands and combine our strength.
 Miss_Mayhem
07-22-2006, 2:42 PM
How long has the Pokemon craze lasted anyways?
 itchythesamurai
07-22-2006, 2:46 PM
Pokemon celebrated its tenth anniversary on February 27th, 2006.

Read more here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon:_Tenth_Anniversary)
 Poopdogjr
07-22-2006, 3:33 PM
Man, I remember being so into Pokemon. I was in middle school, and we all had the game and traded the lil' buggers. And then gameshark made the codes so some people had Mew and all these uber-powerful guys and all mine got their butts kicked. Thinking about it now, Pokemon has been around for freakin forever. Is it still on TV any more? I stopped watching/ playing it before any of those movies or sequels came out. But for a while there it was da bomb.
 DarthAve
07-22-2006, 3:35 PM
I got out of Pokemon when Harry Potter came around. i totally remember the movie and stuff too. I even have that pokemon Cd. I remember it. "2B A Master, pokemon master!"

so gay.
 Miss_Mayhem
07-22-2006, 3:39 PM
Yup, pokemon is STILL on tv. WB should just buy airing rights to Avatar so they can air Avatar on their station. THAT is good tv.
 KingCheez
07-22-2006, 3:47 PM
No, WB sucks even worse!
 Miss_Mayhem
07-22-2006, 3:56 PM
But the Awesomeness of Avatar would bring it down on the suckometer. *starts avatar thread*
 DarthAve
07-22-2006, 4:45 PM
No, WB sucks even worse!
The WB didn't suck way back when. They had the best damn saturday cartoons. I'd watch this scary story show thing. I forget what it's called. they had X-Men evolution too. AND!! The animaniacs, who are zany to the max! And I believe they had goosebumps too, The television adaptation of the stories that you can now just rent at blockbuster in the kids section.
 Mashi An'krekku
07-22-2006, 4:49 PM
I had a dream once. There was a Calvin and Hobbes show on Kids WB.
I'm surprised I remember that.
 Zetz Darke
07-23-2006, 8:19 AM

I'd have to agree...I actually watch cartoon network. I'll even watch it during the day and adult swim is pretty cool.
 Smon
07-23-2006, 2:53 PM
Every toon network has really lost their way except for CN and other CN affiliates.

Disney doesn't even have a hand-drawn studio of their own anymore.
Nick cancelled Rugrats in favor of All Grown Up and canned DP and FOP, all they have left is Catscratch. They also shut down the slime fountain.

While CN and Boomerang currently control all of the adult and teen market, as well as a large portion of the child market.
 Miss_Mayhem
07-23-2006, 3:13 PM
Cartoon Network has The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy, the darkest kids-show I have ever seen with more pop-culture references than you can shake a stick at, so it's a favorite show of mine, and thus: CN is cool.
 DarthAve
07-23-2006, 4:51 PM
Disney Channel has been dead to me ever since That's So Raven. I tried to give it a second chance because I liked some of their movies, like Smart House and Get a Clue. But when the devil spawn of a movie, I can't even say it's name, came. The day that disney died.

Nick was cool back when they had All That, Kenan and Kel, and the Amanda Show. But it sucks now, especially since they got Jamie Lynn Spears with them. That bitch is fugly. She made me hate that new All that for some time. And Zoey 101 is gheyer than Issac Mizrahi. However, I kinda like NDSSG.
 itchythesamurai
07-23-2006, 4:55 PM
Cartoon Network has The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy, the darkest kids-show I have ever seen with more pop-culture references than you can shake a stick at, so it's a favorite show of mine, and thus: CN is cool.

I love Billy and Mandy! Foster's is pretty great too. I'm delighted by all of the risque material Billy and Mandy pulls off: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_and_Mandy#Adult_humor)
 Miss_Mayhem
07-23-2006, 5:20 PM
Oh yeah! Fosters rox mah sox just as much a Grim, he, I love those shows. Oh, and lemme guess, was Cheetah Girls was that traumatizing movie?
 Smon
07-23-2006, 5:22 PM
I think it was High School Musical.
 Miss_Mayhem
07-23-2006, 5:37 PM
As long as we're talking about the weird things in cartoon series', I remembered a scene from Johnny bravo (a rather risque cartoon): he sees this woman obviously into hiphop culture in a record store wearing baggy pants and says, "You uh, sure got a lot of room in those pants eh?" Surprisingly, the girl didn't beat him up.
 Zetz Darke
07-23-2006, 7:16 PM
I like Fosters and The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy too. I'll keep some of the other stuff on while I'mdoing something...but those two shows are the ones I'll actually sit down and watch...aside from Adult Swim. Family Guy ROX.

As for Nick, The old All That was awsome...ever since they got rid of the original cast, it hasn't been very funny. They also got rid of The Angry Beavers, Rocko's Modern Life and Invader Zim and replaced it with crap like Danny Phantom, Catdog (Which, thank god, rarely plays anymore) My life as a Teenage Robot and recently the X's.

Oh...and Disney totally sux. The only time I ever watch it is if a Disney movie is on...unfortunately, they rarely play them...you'd think they'd air stuff like Monster's Inc and a Bug's Life more often. (I don't watch Disney original movies...I hate them)
 Smon
07-23-2006, 7:30 PM
Not all Disney originals sucked.

May I point out Mulan, and Treasure Planet?

Hand drawn Disney was good. CGI Disney is okay. Live action Disney usually sucks.
 milo
07-23-2006, 7:35 PM
Man, I remember being so into Pokemon. I was in middle school, and we all had the game and traded the lil' buggers.
I remember, I got into a fight over a Pokemon card. I kicked the kid's ass, and then I took his Blastoise. I never got in trouble either. Those were the days....
 Zetz Darke
07-23-2006, 7:41 PM
Not all Disney originals sucked.

May I point out Mulan, and Treasure Planet?

Hand drawn Disney was good. CGI Disney is okay. Live action Disney usually sucks.

No no...I don't mean REAL Disney movies. I like Mulan and Treasure Planet and most of the others (Excluding sequels...except for Pirates of the Caribbean...which was awsome) I mean Disney CHANNEL original movies. The real stuff I've been watching since I was really little and therefore, cannot hate. Plus I'm a KH fan...so...Disney's ok by me. I just hate the Disney Channel.
 Smon
07-23-2006, 7:46 PM
Oh... right. DCOM's suck.

Also Disney doesn't even have a hand-drawn animation studio anymore.
 DarthAve
07-23-2006, 9:29 PM
YES!! DCOMS mostly sucked, except Smart House. the chick who voices Leela voices the house, so it's like Leele is your house.

Awesome. But yeah, everything else is crap. Especially High School Devil Spawn Fugly Teen Romance Crap Ghey Musical.
 Miss_Mayhem
07-24-2006, 12:39 AM
I remember that girls would sing the songs from HSM in groups in school... it was REALLY irritating. Of course though, I said nothing.
 DarthAve
07-24-2006, 2:07 AM
That's the new title of HSM, High School Devil Spawn Fugly Teen Romance Crap Ghey Musical.

Let me give you a conversation...

Girl 1-OMFG I LOVE HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL!
Me- Um, no that's gay.
Girl-What's wrong with you? HSM ROCKS!
Me-Uh, no. It's gay. They didn't even sing the songs.
Girl-THE ONLY REASON ZAC EFRON(SEXXXI ~drools for a moment or two~) DIDN'T SING GETCHA HEAD IN THE GAME IS BECAUSE IT'S A REALLY HARD SONG TO SING!!
Me-I don't care, it's gay.
Girl-NO YOUR GAY
Me-...you like a disney channel movie.
Girl-.... SO?
 Det. Bart Lasiter
07-24-2006, 2:09 AM
I remember, I got into a fight over a Pokemon card. I kicked the kid's ass, and then I took his Blastoise. I never got in trouble either. Those were the days....
I remember stealing a bunch from a gas station and selling them for $5 a piece in 4th grade.
 KingCheez
07-24-2006, 2:51 AM
I remember that girls would sing the songs from HSM in groups in school... it was REALLY irritating. Of course though, I said nothing.

Yeah, they did that at my school. I /said/ nothing, however believe you me there was a volley of pens fired at the singers each horribly crowed note.
 Det. Bart Lasiter
07-24-2006, 2:55 AM
Yeah, they did that at my school. I /said/ nothing, however believe you me there was a volley of pens fired at the singers each horribly crowed note.Medium or fine point?
 Smon
07-24-2006, 3:10 AM
First one, then the other.

...at least that's what I'd do.
Page: 1 of 2