Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Empire campaign borked

Page: 1 of 1
 sypher_ffs
07-21-2006, 6:08 PM
Hi i have encounterd a problem playing the empire campaign where i have to send emporer palpatine to bothanwu.

The shuttle lands the bothans stand their scratching their heads the shuttle door opens but no emporer palpatine the game just seems to loop around doing nothing. I updated my grpxs card drivers to the latest version and have dx 9.0c as was suggested in a previous thread on this topic, but still i have the same problem.

Also I couldn't work out a way to attach a dxdiag file on the forums so if their is a way to do it without posting a wall of text let me know other wise ill just copy paste in a post below this one.

Thanks
 DarthMaulUK
07-22-2006, 3:53 AM
Its best to post it all. The key areas to post are sound, display, pc specs etc. It might be an idea to try and reduce the graphical settings you are playing at.

And...is this happening with 1.5 patch? If not, grab 1.5 right now ( http://support.lucasarts.com/patches/EAW1_5.htm) )as there were issues with old saves and 1.4
 sypher_ffs
07-23-2006, 10:44 AM
Ok i worked the problem out.

I cloned a 1:1 DVD image from my cd and used a virtual drive ( won't go into to much detail here ) to reinstall the game, it seems to have fixed the issue. I don't know why but when i tried to install of the cd via my cd,player the game keept looping at the same point with emporer palpatine. When i installed the game using a cd clone the game ran through the cut scene fine.

Very weird anyways but it seems to have solved my problem. Maybe their where some bad transfers using the cd player or maybe reinstalling the game reset some configuration settings who knows. All i know is that it works fine now that i installed it and ran it via my cloned image.

Any one else had or having this problem ?.
 DarthMaulUK
07-24-2006, 12:50 PM
Very odd but at least its all working now - thanks for the feedback

DMUK
Page: 1 of 1