Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Season 1 Screenshots (renders)

Page: 1 of 2
 xChri5x
07-21-2006, 12:19 AM
You can see alot more renders from the game right here
http://www.adventuregamers.com/screenshot.php?id=5747&article=0)
 iisaac
07-26-2006, 6:15 PM
Bad transformation. Compare:
Bosco's (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Sam_max.jpg) GUNS, LIQUOR, BABY NEEDS
"Bosco's INCONVENIENCE"

Blood tainted (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Sam_max.jpg) streets
Streets littered with a cola can.

Vehicles will be stolen (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Sam_max.jpg)
"Intersection of Straight and Narrow"

Jeez I hope that's not the quality we're looking forward to.
 iisaac
07-26-2006, 6:20 PM
Oh, and does anybody else think that the street is too brightly lit, too colorful, too cheerful, too clean, too round?
In the first game the street was dark, monotenous, miserable, wretched, edgy. The seedy, scummy part of town where a couple of no good freelance investigators would reside.
 Samnmax221
07-26-2006, 6:31 PM
Time to go back to the Telltale boards and bitch about it!
 itchythesamurai
07-26-2006, 7:04 PM
Remember, the only way the Telltale people will read what we have to say is to make sure that caps lock is on. Because that means our words are important.
 Samnmax221
07-26-2006, 7:06 PM
AND TYPE IN RED LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL PLaZ ThE HotTeZ Nu GAmeZ
 Udvarnoky
07-26-2006, 8:00 PM
Bad transformation. Compare:
Bosco's (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Sam_max.jpg) GUNS, LIQUOR, BABY NEEDS
"Bosco's INCONVENIENCE"

Blood tainted (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Sam_max.jpg) streets
Streets littered with a cola can.

Vehicles will be stolen (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Sam_max.jpg)
"Intersection of Straight and Narrow"

Jeez I hope that's not the quality we're looking forward to.

So basically you're saying the more it is a carbon copy of the street in Hit the Road, the higher the quality.
 SyntheticGerbil
07-26-2006, 8:57 PM
So basically you're saying the more it is a carbon copy of the street in Hit the Road, the higher the quality.

Well he does have a point about the detail and atmosphere. It doesn't have to be just like Hit the Road. Really I think the game needs to be more gritty, which really isn't all that hard to do, although I have no clue how they construct their 3d or what engine they have going for them.

As far as lighting, they should definetly work on that, as Isaac says. Right now it looks like my student work on some parts, which is bad. The just need to fix some bits of oversaturation or lack of shadows.
 Udvarnoky
07-26-2006, 9:55 PM
Okay, but the name of the freaking convenience store has nothing to do with that.

You know, you guys should really post stuff like this at Telltale's forums, since it's actually read by the people making the game, and the forum has a need for criticisms that are actually useful.
 Samnmax221
07-26-2006, 10:14 PM
Time to go back to the Telltale boards and bitch about it!
We thought about it
 itchythesamurai
07-27-2006, 9:26 AM
We thought about it

Yeah, but I like hearing Udvarnoky say it. And I wouldn't want to hurt anyone's feelings at Telltale, I'm sure they are sensitive and fragile enough already.
 Udvarnoky
07-27-2006, 1:43 PM
Here are some super high res versions (http://www.actiontrip.com/features/sammaxepisode1.phtml) of those renders so you can see some of the smaller details.
 urluckyday
07-27-2006, 3:43 PM
I think that it looks fine for now...I bet they'll add some more stuff later anyway...
 Samnmax221
07-27-2006, 4:20 PM
I do like the "Bad day on the moon" photo in the office background
 SyntheticGerbil
07-27-2006, 5:47 PM
Are you sure it's a good idea to troll around in Telltale's forums and tell them what they are doing wrong? I think that's usually frowned upon.

I wasn't really referring to the name of the convience store. I just sort of glazed over that part of his post. Just like I used to glaze over all of his posts.
 Samnmax221
07-27-2006, 5:51 PM
Probably, I only left one post concerning the "rigidness" of Max's ears.
 Skinkie
07-27-2006, 5:52 PM
Not if its considered constructive criticism.

Keep in mind Telltale took the major suggestions made to improve the first Bone game and used them in the second episode. They say the advantage of having episodic games is the ability to gauge people reactions and make improvements, so if you say it nicely on their boards I'm sure they'll at least think about it.
 Samnmax221
07-27-2006, 5:57 PM
I did use the word priapism (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Priapism) to describe it, although I think it's plenty descriptive, and therefore constructive. When I said "Bitch at them" it was meant to be taken seriously, and considering they'll be getting some of my nice money in a few months time I like to provide some input.
 Udvarnoky
07-27-2006, 6:42 PM
Are you sure it's a good idea to troll around in Telltale's forums and tell them what they are doing wrong? I think that's usually frowned upon.

You don't frequent their forums, do you?

Besides, they openly welcome feedback, including criticism. Doesn't mean they'll listen to it, but it will probably be heard. I'm just saying that considering the usual inane suggestions they tend to get, it's a bit pointless to air constructive comments to a three person audience here.
 iisaac
07-27-2006, 8:11 PM

I mean it's not funny, and the atmosphere is sterile. I pointed to Hit The Road so readers can see how better jokes and atmosphere could be implemented. Is "Bosco's INCONVENIENCE" funny, atmospheric? Did they surpass what they're copying, or did they lose the essence of it?

Let me ask you this: When Sam & Max happen to wander into Bosco's store, is the inevitable joke going to be a sterilized copy of the last joke? I don't want it to be as much as you don't.
 Udvarnoky
07-27-2006, 9:19 PM
Let me ask you this: When Sam & Max happen to wander into Bosco's store, is the inevitable joke going to be a sterilized copy of the last joke? I don't want it to be as much as you don't.

Luckily we really have no idea what the dialog is going to be like seeing as we've seen/heard none of it, and can't really assume that it's going to be a rehash.
 iisaac
07-27-2006, 9:57 PM
 SyntheticGerbil
07-28-2006, 6:38 PM
Hey I might just copy and paste these comments I made, but I also remember that I had sent them an angry and lengthy e-mail long ago about making Bone episodic concerning how I didn't want the Rockjaw book to make a whole game in the series. So they probably think I'm some sort of nut job, and rightly so.
 Udvarnoky
07-28-2006, 7:56 PM
Hey I remember when you were talking about that, not trying to make a game per book. Did you read about how they're adapting bigger gobs of the story in future episodes? (The next episode will based on material from and beyond book 3.)
 Samnmax221
07-29-2006, 2:21 AM
When does the next episode of "Bone" come out?
 Udvarnoky
07-29-2006, 12:42 PM
CGW says by the year's end, but Telltale has said nothing yet. I think Sam & Max is pushing it back for now.
 SyntheticGerbil
07-29-2006, 10:38 PM
So maybe they listened to what I said... But I'm sure I could have said it nicer either way.

So hopefully now the whole rockjaw ordeal can be smaller and Book 7 can be looked over, since it has almost no plot.
 iisaac
09-09-2006, 2:34 PM
Looks playable
 BarnyardCommand
09-09-2006, 3:02 PM
I would have liked old fashioned 2d style with a more current 1024x768 + resolution. But at least this is better than Full Throttle 2.
 Jake
09-09-2006, 3:04 PM
You know, you guys should really post stuff like this at Telltale's forums, since it's actually read by the people making the game, and the forum has a need for criticisms that are actually useful.

These are technically my forums, and I work at Telltale, and I read them (when I can be bothered), so does that count? Telltale employees have actually been known to read these forums as well as quite a few others online (since like everyone else on the planet, the people at Telltale occasionally distract themselevs by poking around on the internet to read things they're interested in to dodge work for a few minutes).

People do take what is said in these forums and others across the net and listen to the various interesting suggestions, dull suggestions, complaints, and outright immature whining, and make mental notes of the good stuff - and it is helpful sometimes, once you can cut through the self-important bellyaching which crops up all too frequently... But what a lot of people online forget is that these things that they say about the game the moment they see a screenshot or a render - you know, the first things that are popping into these peoples heads after looking at an image for 40 seconds, and then posting about it - well, the people who are actually working on the game have been staring at and thinking about that render or that environment for weeks, or maybe months, and have frequently reached the same conclusion as the fans, only the difference is that the person at Telltale actually knows whether or not the problem can actually be fixed, and they know the reasons for why it can or cannot be fixed (something someone posting on the internet usually has no idea about... though the more smarmy people often try to extrapolate how various pieces of under-the-hood technology work and offer solutions, which is always helpful to be sure!).

Feedback from the fans is really helpful as a tool to guage against everyone's own personal internal observations at the company after spending months with the game - and genuinely thought out, well-worded constructive critisicm from a fan can sometimes spark a really interesting discussion, or it can make someone feel good who in fact fixed the problem the fan's pointing out just a few days before the fan posted about it - but it's almost never a case of "oh man, a guy on the forum said these shadows are rubbish, so we must redo them!"

I sometimes wonder if people really know how it works - how much forums are read at game companies, and how the feedback is used. I think people probably assume that their posts either fall on deaf ears, or they think they're somehow saving the company by telling the company how crappy a job they're doing, but really it's neither of those... but more somewhere in between.
 itchythesamurai
09-09-2006, 5:25 PM
Oh man, I didn't know you Telltale guys read these forums. Personally, I'd probably fire somebody working for me if I found them reading a thread about cockrings on company time, but this is a special case.

(Also, I think Jake makes a valid point.)
 Jake
09-09-2006, 5:31 PM
I don't think, like, the whole company reads these forums religiously or anything (because unlike most of the regulars of this forum, they have souls), but I've seen the yellow and brown forum view on other peoples screens before.
 SyntheticGerbil
09-09-2006, 10:29 PM
I sometimes wonder if people really know how it works - how much forums are read at game companies, and how the feedback is used. I think people probably assume that their posts either fall on deaf ears, or they think they're somehow saving the company by telling the company how crappy a job they're doing, but really it's neither of those... but more somewhere in between.

It might as well work that way seeing as how we really don't say anything of importance around here and when we do need to know something important, it doesn't happen. Thanks again for saying and doing absolutely jack**** about that sketchbook but offering some long unnecessary analysation on what we have to say about the game.
 Samnmax221
09-09-2006, 11:07 PM
I bet Jake is a hoarder, he may not realize it but he's helping the Nazi's win.

Buy War bonds.
 Det. Bart Lasiter
09-09-2006, 11:10 PM
I bet Jake is a hoarder, he may not realize it but he's helping the Nazi's win.

Buy War bonds.
NO U!
 Samnmax221
09-10-2006, 5:03 PM
NO U!
But Boo Radley destroyed my credit card with his scissors!
 Det. Bart Lasiter
09-10-2006, 7:55 PM
But Boo Radley destroyed my credit card with his scissors!
My credit card is non-existant. TOUCHE!
 Samnmax221
09-10-2006, 8:02 PM
My credit card is non-existant. TOUCHE!
But Willy Loman gave your bookie AIDS!
 Det. Bart Lasiter
09-10-2006, 8:11 PM
But Willy Loman gave your bookie AIDS!
OH YEAH WELL MITON GA SUKI!

( ゚ ヮ゚)
 Samnmax221
09-10-2006, 8:13 PM
I'm not getting it? Do you have a mitten fetish or what?
 Det. Bart Lasiter
09-10-2006, 8:17 PM
Everyone likes mittens.

http://etherchan.org/wiki/images/b/b5/Mittens_%E2%99%A5.jpg)
<ed: large and pointless image equals frownface>
 Samnmax221
09-10-2006, 8:20 PM
Now boots, that I like!
 Ray Jones
09-11-2006, 3:44 AM
Hmm, yes, doable.
 itchythesamurai
09-11-2006, 4:36 PM
What if she smelled of fetid horses? Given the circumstances, I don't think we can rule that out.
 Metallus
09-11-2006, 6:30 PM
Enter fascism. Sorry, please re-rail this thread as it actually pertains to the game that is coming out, which you ought to be caring about.
 Skinkie
09-17-2006, 1:23 PM
Has anyone watched the in game movies that are floating around yet? I've sort of been avoiding them, instead just patiently waiting for the game, but I'd love to hear how pretty they are.
 Udvarnoky
09-17-2006, 3:21 PM
They are pretty.
 Samnmax221
09-17-2006, 4:54 PM
They're nice but I still hate the voices.
 itchythesamurai
09-17-2006, 8:13 PM
I wouldn't go as far as saying hate, because I'll probably keep them on instead of opting for subtitles only.
 SyntheticGerbil
09-18-2006, 12:47 AM
Telltale needs to get some better voice actors. It can't be that hard right? Shrek uses Cameron Diaz. I bet they could get Cameron Diaz. I heard she does the voice acting by wrapping her vagina lips around the mic and bellowing her voice backwards through her intestines.

That's probably why she is the highest paid voice actress in history. She earned it. Cartoons will never be the same. **** Mel Blanc.
Page: 1 of 2