Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Hard Parts

Page: 1 of 1
 Niner_777
07-15-2006, 2:15 PM
What places in RC did you have the most trouble beating? Also share if/how you got past it. We can discuss different stategies that we used to get past those difficult game sequences.

Anybody want to start us off?
 Clone L68362
07-15-2006, 2:32 PM
Well, in Geonosis, the only hard part that stands out in my mind is the beginning of one level where you're in the canyons. You just walk forward a bit and GEONOSIANS. THOUSANDS OF THEM. start coming out. Took me forever to kill them all, and usually the whole squad was out by then.

The RAS hard parts were the level Dues Ex Machina and Live Ordnance when you clear out the hangars, there were just all those droids. In Live Ordnance I just ran to the back and set Sev and Fixer on sniping positions and hoped Scorch stayed alive till the AT-TE came up. Then I held the droids back with EC grenades and anti armor.

On Kashyyyk, the hardest part that I remember was the Kachiro bridge that had those two SBD dispensers, the hordes of battle droids, the turret...and after you clear it all out there's a Spider Droid. For the first part I would clear out the droids on the bridge, set someone at a sniping point, someone on a turret, then cover someone else as they destroy a SBD dispenser.
 Niner_777
07-15-2006, 2:46 PM
I know what you're talking about on Geonosis. They just seemed to keep comming. At first, I tried to take that part slowly and keep near a health dispenser, but that didn't seem to work. Now, I try to sprint through that canyon, hold near the end when the droid come around the corner, and gernade the droids to take them out quickly. Basically, I try to get out of the canyon fast and move on to the next part.

That's basically what I did in the RAS level.

On Kashyyyk, I remember that that part was pretty hard. I set one person in the turret, one person on anti-armor, and one person on the SBD dispenser. I'd go around, work on the other dispenser for a little bit. If some SBD's were shooting at me, I'd take them out fast with an AA round and continue. If someone got incapacitated, I'd go heal them. The first person who was setting the detonator would finish before me, and I'd have him finish the charge on my dispenser.

For the spider droid, I'd set my squad up in AA spots and on the turret. When it first appears, I chuck a EC or two in to take out the BDs. Then I flank the spider droid and shoot him with AA or whatever I have left. It will hopefully turn towards me, and then my squad can shoot away at its backside.
 RC-1162
07-16-2006, 7:02 AM
actually, in the geonosis area, i just took one of the guns of the geonosians themselves and used it against them. it seemed a bit more effective than the rifle. that was my favourite non-commando gun :)
 taclled
07-16-2006, 10:49 AM
i hated the Timed geonosis level i finally just starting rushing through and put my guys in sniper positions fixer on the console and me as tґhe medic
 Niner_777
07-16-2006, 2:02 PM
i hated the Timed geonosis level i finally just starting rushing through and put my guys in sniper positions fixer on the console and me as tґhe medic

The first time I played that part, I didn't know that I was being timed. I went through it normally. By the time I was at the gunship, I saw "three, two..." pass across my screen and then I hopped on the Gunship.

Btw, what happens if you run out of time?
 taclled
07-16-2006, 2:38 PM
Well you can kiss your katarn armor good bye.
It Blows up the ship if i remember correctly
 Niner_777
07-16-2006, 2:41 PM
Yeah, I imagined that it would. Does it look cool, or just say game over?
 taclled
07-16-2006, 3:35 PM
I cant remember how it looks but it doesn't say: GAME OVER
 Niner_777
07-16-2006, 3:37 PM
I'll have to try it, lol.

I remember a hard part for me was that part on Kashyyyk with the SBD dispensers, ammo crates, and Elite bugs.

Do you know what I'm talking about.
 Joetheeskimo
07-16-2006, 4:51 PM
Yeah, I imagined that it would. Does it look cool, or just say game over?

I think the ship shakes and everything fades to white.
 taclled
07-16-2006, 5:15 PM
taht sounds about right
 Niner_777
07-16-2006, 5:48 PM
That's cool. So, does anyone else had any difficulties in this game?
 taclled
07-16-2006, 6:32 PM
Not that i can remember
 Joetheeskimo
07-16-2006, 8:23 PM
Actually, I think it was a tad too easy; but if you are stupid in handling your squad you can get yourself in a jam. Like my first time playing, when my entire squad got killed and I was up against several SBD's on Geonosis. But if you are cautious, it's usually a simple game.
 taclled
07-17-2006, 3:31 AM
only problem i have is that sev always gets stuck sometimes if i kill him and revive him hes unstuck but usually not and the wierd thing is its only sev that gets stuck
 itchythesamurai
07-17-2006, 6:18 AM
The only real trouble I had was too many SBDs occasionally. Don't think I had to play any part more than twice though.
 Niner_777
07-17-2006, 9:38 AM
I remember a hard part for me was that part on Kashyyyk with the SBD dispensers, ammo crates, and Elite bugs.

I don't think that I ever had to replay this part, but I remember I had to take care of the Elites on my own because my whole squad was incapacitated.

How did you guys beat this part?
 Cheech Marin
08-12-2006, 3:37 PM
For that part, I usually tell the lads to occupy those sniping positions after they save the ammo crates, and try to set a charge on the SBD dispenser. I find that the Elite bugs show up a few seconds after you start setting the charge on the dispenser. When they do, I disengage, find cover, and try to snipe the Elites before they make mincemeat of Delta Squad.

Hmm, here's some food for thought. Has anyone considered that maybe, just maybe, someone high in the chain of command was trying to get rid of Delta Squad? coughPalpatinecough
 Ben_Walker
02-23-2007, 2:27 AM
For me...

On Geonosis theres the area where you first face the Geo Elites, before you get into the droid foundries. Then the canyons and the end with the timed level on the Core ship.

For the RAS, I usually have some trouble with the trandos, I'm fighting solo and usually rely on the vibro-blade and snip attachment. But when I find shotgun, things became much easier. Things get hairier for me when it comes to the hangers.

And finally on Kashykk, the magnaguards can be a hassle and the bridge is one big pain. Also I tend to struggle when fighting the Geonosians at the very end of the game.
 Jurrassco
02-23-2007, 2:33 AM
that is very true. one question, why are the Geonosians on Kashyyk anyways?
 Ben_Walker
02-23-2007, 4:37 PM
I think the CIS brought them for backup, yeah, as if the hoards of droids and Trandos weren't enough.
 milo
02-23-2007, 9:09 PM
At first the title of this thread made me think of something else if you know what I mean. :naughty:
 Ben_Walker
02-23-2007, 11:41 PM
*tries to say this without getting deleted*

Something that isn't katarn-armour...
 Titanius Anglesmith
02-24-2007, 11:32 AM
At first the title of this thread made me think of something else if you know what I mean. :naughty:
Riiiiiiight....

You're one weird dude- you... you are a dude... right? ;)
 Jurrassco
02-25-2007, 2:18 PM
For that part, I usually tell the lads to occupy those sniping positions after they save the ammo crates, and try to set a charge on the SBD dispenser. I find that the Elite bugs show up a few seconds after you start setting the charge on the dispenser. When they do, I disengage, find cover, and try to snipe the Elites before they make mincemeat of Delta Squad.

Hmm, here's some food for thought. Has anyone considered that maybe, just maybe, someone high in the chain of command was trying to get rid of Delta Squad? coughPalpatinecough

Why would Palpatine want to get rid of Delta Squad? wouldn't that strike anyone as a bit odd? :vsd:
 PoiuyWired
02-27-2007, 3:52 PM
Why? I mean so fare they are pretty loyal to the Republic -> Empire. Now sev the psycho aside there is no indication on any plans against them. Oh and the later fate of the clones are spelt out in the books somewhat?
 Da_man
05-28-2007, 11:15 PM
On Dues Ex Machina, is it possible for the ship to be destoryed because the whole time I was Playing it, that voice kept saying Hull integrity at...50 percent
 Da_man
05-28-2007, 11:19 PM
Why? I mean so fare they are pretty loyal to the Republic -> Empire. Now sev the psycho aside there is no indication on any plans against them. Oh and the later fate of the clones are spelt out in the books somewhat? Sorry for the double post, but I remember reading Here (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/RC-1207) that Sev escaped and is Mort In galaxies because of thier similar backgrounds.
 RCjango_2857
06-02-2007, 10:09 PM
a tough place for me is in the worysher tree nursery when you have to go up against an army of BDs, SBDs, and a handfull of Trandoshan elites. not to mention the countless Trando mercs. it helps if you have full ammo and one of the elite Trandos LS-150 heavy ACP repeater (translation; BIG @*$ MACHINE GUN) and evreyone starts at full health
 Da_man
06-03-2007, 8:59 PM
The whole game was hard for me because I had my brother leaning over my shoulder yelling "It's THAT way you idiot!" :swear: I couldn't concentrate and ended up getting beaned in the head by a battle droid.
 CLONECOMMANDER501
06-10-2007, 6:31 PM
Don't underestimate battle droids. They have bad aim but there shots are deadly.
 Da_man
06-10-2007, 11:31 PM
The last mission on geonosis (I forgot what it's called) Was kinda messed up for me because I started slicing the terminal right when that OCD droid said "One minute untill detonation" or something similar (again can't remember) and finished slicing right when the same droid said "Thirty seconds till detonation." 0_o I think I broke it messing around in UnrealED.
 MachineCult
06-11-2007, 9:57 AM
As soon as you have finished slicing the terminal it gives you thirty seconds for you and the squad to get out.
 Da_man
06-11-2007, 2:51 PM
As soon as you have finished slicing the terminal it gives you thirty seconds for you and the squad to get out.
Not exactly. First time I did it, i finished slicing the terminal with five seconds untill the thing blew.
 Shadow's Clone
06-21-2007, 8:38 AM
when i had to destroy the jaming device.Geos came from evrywere they were unlimited and the control panel was too far.And the demo charge 20 seconds.
frst I set 2 sniping positions then I send the remaining commando to slice the controls to the jaming device.,,form up'' then I put a demo charge.,,take cover'' and escape behid the jaming device.

RAS camping mision alone:that stupid trando elite.I toss a flashbang grenade then all sonic grenades and all charges in the AA .be fast or be dead.if he gets up he will drill you.

the rest ar allready posted
 Commando Tazer
07-01-2007, 4:13 PM
When Fightin The Magna-Guards You Should Get Two Of Your Squad On Anti-Armor Posts And One Sniping Then You Just Run Around Like Made Planting Granades On Them And Blasting Their Flipin Heads Off With AA's And Snipes. The Thing That Really Hacks Me Off Though Is That They Can Fire Electrode Missiles But I Blasted There Metal Balls Off So That Was Easy. I Hope This Helps Anny Of You Guys Stuck With The Magna-Guard Levels On Kashykk, Well Thiis method Worked 4 Me. Oh And On THe Assault Ship Wen Your In The Hangers With the " SBD Dispensers And The BD Dispenser I Tend To Blow Up The BD's Then Hop Into The AT-TE And Blast The Shield Generator. The Damn SBD's Start To Retreat (Scared Hunks Of Scrap Metal) And Then I Just Hop Into The Exhaust By The AT-TE, Hey This Method Worked 4 Me U Should Try It Out. And Oh When I Did The Droid Gunship On Geonosis I Got Into The Room With About 2 minutes until the big KABOOM and i got me on the slicing manouever, but before i did that i blew up the canons and thew EC's at the droid, easy. Tell me If Any Of These Methods Worked 4 U!!!
 CLONECOMMANDER501
07-14-2007, 8:24 PM
When Fightin The Magna-Guards You Should Get Two Of Your Squad On Anti-Armor Posts And One Sniping Then You Just Run Around Like Made Planting Granades On Them And Blasting Their Flipin Heads Off With AA's And Snipes. The Thing That Really Hacks Me Off Though Is That They Can Fire Electrode Missiles But I Blasted There Metal Balls Off So That Was Easy. I Hope This Helps Anny Of You Guys Stuck With The Magna-Guard Levels On Kashykk, Well Thiis method Worked 4 Me. Oh And On THe Assault Ship Wen Your In The Hangers With the " SBD Dispensers And The BD Dispenser I Tend To Blow Up The BD's Then Hop Into The AT-TE And Blast The Shield Generator. The Damn SBD's Start To Retreat (Scared Hunks Of Scrap Metal) And Then I Just Hop Into The Exhaust By The AT-TE, Hey This Method Worked 4 Me U Should Try It Out. And Oh When I Did The Droid Gunship On Geonosis I Got Into The Room With About 2 minutes until the big KABOOM and i got me on the slicing manouever, but before i did that i blew up the canons and thew EC's at the droid, easy. Tell me If Any Of These Methods Worked 4 U!!!

I tend to just hold them off and have a member slice to get the AT-TE.
 MetalMark
07-15-2007, 8:23 AM
On Dues Ex Machina, is it possible for the ship to be destoryed because the whole time I was Playing it, that voice kept saying Hull integrity at...50 percent

I waited for 15 minutes and the ship still didn't explode so I don't think it is possible.
 Commando Tazer
07-17-2007, 1:20 PM
Yeh Well My Method Still Rocks :lol:!!!
 RC-boxeth
07-22-2007, 12:10 PM
i had a hard time with the droid dispensers right next to the turret because the kept on getting in the turret... but 1 snipe takes them out :-)
 grenademaster
04-26-2008, 7:01 AM
i actually think the last part of kashyyk is extremelly difficult
 Da_man
05-18-2008, 9:18 PM
i actually think the last part of kashyyk is extremelly difficult
That, and the part with clearing the bridge to blow the damn thing up is also really hard.
 RyuuKage
05-28-2008, 4:01 AM
That, and the part with clearing the bridge to blow the damn thing up is also really hard.

clearing the bridge was the hardest part of the whole game for me, ack...
 Da_man
05-28-2008, 1:41 PM
^ Agreed.
 Relenzo2
06-08-2008, 7:42 PM
Hmm. My memory may be defective from having to rewrite memories of games from accidental file deletions, by the bridge never seemed very hard to me at all.
 Da_man
06-10-2008, 12:48 AM
So fighting 2 super battle droid dispensers, and turrets, AND a ton of regular battle droids never seemed hard for you? Do you play Halo on Legendary in your spare time or what?
 Relenzo2
06-11-2008, 1:07 PM
Oh, THAT part. I remember the SBD dispensers all right. Some times... half of our deaths were due to misplaced sonic grenades. That part was hard indeed.
 Darth_Xavior
07-15-2008, 1:03 AM
the worst part of PC is in geneosis in the bridge of the core ship. I passed it the first try but was killed 5 times and escaped with no squad members alive at the end
 Relenzo2
07-23-2008, 5:39 PM
Yeah, that was really tough too. I remember Scorch saying "Uh, sir? Next time, can we get out of the ship BEFORE we blow it up?" And I'm thinking, You had better, you idiots!
Page: 1 of 1