Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Need help with Outlaws crashes

Page: 1 of 1
 Cpt_Marley
07-10-2006, 9:39 PM
Figured I should post this here...

I've found virtually no support at all for this, but I dusted off my copy of outlaws today, reinstalled, applied all the patches plus the D3D patches. It plays fine, but if for whatsoever reason when I'm in the game a-shootin' and a-carousin' and I hit escape and fix options, save, load, or anything, when I get back to the game, it runs for about 1 minute then abruptly crashes to the desktop.

I'm running windows xp with a Geforce FX, 500+ MB of ram, etc etc. I have the video mode set to Direct3d hardware acceleration. I'm about to go mess around with the video modes since I think this might be it, but we'll see. I would appreciate any help at all with this issue.

Glad I found these forums, btw. Been wanting to talk to some Lucasarts philes ; )

EDIT: Just checked, and it is the video mode. Though I hate to play in crappy directdraw. Plus the screen flashes black with it every now and then. I don't suppose there's some .ini or .cfg file I can change to fix this thing, eh? : )
Page: 1 of 1