Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Helping others and answering questions

Page: 1 of 1
 Alan Frost
07-08-2006, 2:48 PM
If you have any questions about a video game or books, or even comic books we will try to answer.

No spam please.
 milo
07-09-2006, 8:37 PM
How's Republic Commando? Worth buying? I've only seen demos for it, but it looks kind of cool. Give me the pros and cons (no spoilers!). How long is it, replayability, plot/storyline, etc.
 Alan Frost
07-10-2006, 6:12 AM
How lets see.
Republic Commando is considered one of the best Star Wars games for its unique expirience placed from a view of a clone commando, unlike other games where the Jedi are in the main picture.
RC is also considered to have the best team AI, meaning that there are far less bugs then, lets say Rainbow Six.
The creators of the game spent months studying the game esentials, like SWAT training and tactics, to bring the ultimate expirience to the player that he is a part of Republics best commandos.
If you ask me its worth buying for it is one of the best SW games curently on the market.
In the game you meet your brothers: 07, 62, 40 each with different specialties and personality. You assume the position of 38 a.k.a ''Boss''. His voice was given from non other than Jango Fett himself (I mean the actor).
The game, sadly, is short. I know people doing the 24h marathon with the game, but those same people played it again and again, with different tactics.
I myself play the same mission over and over, because its so COOL!
Ehm, yea... How considerring the sound its unique, so if you like it you can download it from the official site. And the sound is amazing. If you wached the new SW trilogy and heard the soundtrack, you should know its been done with the same people making the expirience even bigger.
The storyline is rather good for it follows the Clone Wars from the begining. Begining meaning you start on Genosha where they are fist deployed.
The plot is great expecialy at the ending.
For anything else be specific.
(if there are grammar mistakes I apologise)
 Niner_777
07-10-2006, 11:31 AM
It is rather short, but I think that it takes most people a good nine hours straight through, not bad for a FPS. I went through the missions very slowly, trying to take in the details and use advanced tactics for each battle. That extended the length for me. I was playing it a good month, for I practiced the missions before going on to the next one.

Also, MP isn't great, but I think that it is a blast, literally. Lots of gernades flying everywhere, espesially in Depot. It is a fun addition to the game.
Page: 1 of 1