Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Need Help Applying Mods to BFII

Page: 1 of 1
 Davinq
07-07-2006, 2:32 PM
Sorry if this sounds incredibly dumb, but how do I start applying mods to SWBFII? Thanks in advance for any help I can get.

Edit: I couldn't find the know-how anywhere else on the internet either. Maybe I missed the obvious one?
 =DEATH STAR=
07-16-2006, 4:09 PM
here's how u can load the mods into your computer if thats what you mean:

1.download the offical ver. 1.1 battlefront patch
2.download file/map
3. place the info in your lucasarts/starwarsbattlefrontII/gamedata/addon folder (what this means is that you open up MY COMPUTER, go to program files find lucas arts open it up, click on battlefront II then go to game data. there create an addon folder this folder has/will have all your game data stuff for extra mods--please note that the addon folder must go in the game data folder or it will not work)
4.the end
 Davinq
07-19-2006, 12:19 PM
k thx.
 Davinq
07-23-2006, 12:37 AM
:( cant find the game data folder.
edit: found it, now to test the mod...
editedit: damn, it still didn't work (I think). I downloaded a death star space map from lucasfiles, put it in the override, but once I loaded up the game, I couldn't find it! Now what?
editeditedit: Now I can't even find the program files folder :(
 Davinq
08-02-2006, 1:59 PM
Do you have to write it to the disk?

Someone please help me out!!!
 Relenzo2
08-04-2006, 7:41 AM
I followed these instructions, I made the addon folder, tried to copy the mod files into it, but then I got a message. WINDOWS CANNOT COPY THIS FILE. or somthing close.
 MachineCult
08-04-2006, 9:43 AM
:( cant find the game data folder.
edit: found it, now to test the mod...
editedit: damn, it still didn't work (I think). I downloaded a death star space map from lucasfiles, put it in the override, but once I loaded up the game, I couldn't find it! Now what?
editeditedit: Now I can't even find the program files folder :(
You can't find the Program files folder? Sounds like a virus.
 MachineCult
08-04-2006, 9:55 AM
I've read a readme for another SWBFII map and it just says to unzip the folder into the gamedata/addon directory, if there is no addon directory then I believe you have to create one yourself, if there is no gamedata folder then there is something wrong with your SWBFII, if there is no program files folder then there is something seriously wrong with your computer.
 Relenzo2
08-04-2006, 12:18 PM
Ah. didn't realize you had to unzip it into the file. I had it unzipped when i tried to copy it the first time, now it works. But yeah, do you have to write it? It said: files ready to be written to the CD. Just wondering. I will test the game now.

P.S. Mabye you should do what I did. If you go to my computer with your disk in, and right click the SWBTII icon, then select Explore, you might be able to find Game Data. Hope this helps.Oh, thanks Ace. I get it now. Ignore what I said, i've tested it and it doesn't work.
 AceMastermind
08-04-2006, 2:16 PM
First click on "Start",
then click on "MY Computer",
then click on your (C: ) Drive(or which ever drive you have all your program files in),
then click on "Program Files" directory,
then find and click on the "LucasArts" directory,
then click on the "Star Wars Battlefront II" directory,
then click on "GameData", in this file is where you have to create an "addon" folder unless there is already one in there.( the best thing to do is create a shortcut to your "addon" folder and place it on your desktop so you can just "drag n drop" mods right into your "addon" folder without having to search for it each time.

To install a mod map you first need to download and install the version 1.1 patch from Lucasarts, then just unzip your downloaded mod right on your desktop and drag the UNZIPPED mod folder(it will be a 3 letter folder) right over the "addon" shortcut that we discussed above, and it will go right to your "addon" folder in your gamedata directory.
Now you're set, just go play the game and select the new game you just downloaded.
The End
 Davinq
08-04-2006, 3:29 PM
I unzip the files, found the program file folder, and still nothing happens.
example: I downloaded a space death star map, unzipped all the data, put it in the AddOn directory, but to no avail. Would I be able to see the map in Instant Action?

edit: alright, I'll try that.

editedit: Oh I see what I did wrong. I removed all the files from the folders, A La KotOR, and put them in the AddOn, not the folders themselves...

editeditedit: :firemad: still doesn't work! btw, the desktop shortcut trick doesn't work either :(
 Relenzo2
08-04-2006, 5:04 PM
I unzip the files, found the program file folder, and still nothing happens.
example: I downloaded a space death star map, unzipped all the data, put it in the AddOn directory, but to no avail. Would I be able to see the map in Instant Action?

edit: alright, I'll try that.

editedit: Oh I see what I did wrong. I removed all the files from the folders, A La KotOR, and put them in the AddOn, not the folders themselves...

editeditedit: :firemad: still doesn't work! btw, the desktop shortcut trick doesn't work either :(

Did you go through the C drive? you have to go through the C drive. Then copy the 3-letter file. Only that. S'all I know, it wortked for me, that's how it worked.
 Davinq
08-04-2006, 5:45 PM
I did go through the C drive, but I can't find this 3 letter folder.
edit: w00t! This time i'm SURE I figured it out!
 AceMastermind
08-04-2006, 6:02 PM
I did go through the C drive, but I can't find this 3 letter folder.

The 3 letter folder he is referring to, is the mod map that you just downloaded and unzipped.
Copy that unzipped mod map folder into your "addon" folder located in the "gamedata" folder , or drag the unzipped mod map folder over the "Shortcut to addon" and drop it(if you made one) and it will magically appear in your "addon" folder.
Although in some rare cases, there are maps that were zipped up in 2 parts, and you have to put the second part in the correct folder of the first part in order for it to work.
 Davinq
08-04-2006, 10:24 PM
Got it to work at last :D
 Relenzo2
08-05-2006, 6:48 AM
Awsome. Play ROTE. (rise of the Empire) I and II. I think this thread is finished.
 Davinq
08-05-2006, 1:02 PM
Still, there should be a sticky thread on this forum with instructions, or location for instructions, for downloading mods.
 Relenzo2
08-05-2006, 5:55 PM
Still, there should be a sticky thread on this forum with instructions, or location for instructions, for downloading mods.

You're right they should make AceMasterminds instructions into a sticky.
Page: 1 of 1