Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Re-installing Issue

Page: 1 of 1
 TreeX
07-07-2006, 8:32 AM
Alright, just a wee problem I have.

About a year or two ago, my brother was clearing out my computer of trash. What he didn't know was that I had installed KotOR in the wrong file, directly in Program FIles. He uninstalled it and that took away half of my Program Files, Jedi Academy included, before he realised what was wrong and hit the 'cancel' button.

Thing is, now every time I put in the CD, it shows up with that pop-up. Buyt not with 'Install' or 'Uninstall' but with 'Play'. Obviously, after the entire file being deleted it didn't work, instead it goes into the 'Searching for File' of which does not exist.

I've tried to get rid of what remains by 'Add or Remove Programs' but when I click remove, it flashes briefly before nothing happens.

Anyway I could fix this and actually reinstall it?

P.S. Oh, by the way, I've tried to directly copy the files into the Folder but it doesn't work. Well actually it works only in SIngle Player, right to the 2nd part of the game before it kicks you out for some reason or another. Multiplayer doesn't work at all.
Page: 1 of 1