Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

The Jedi Martial Arts Mod (melee)

Page: 1 of 1
 MeleeMaster
07-05-2006, 12:21 PM
I've always thought the melee system with fists was kind of lacking, even with all the grapples and punches and kickes. On www.jediknight2.filefront.com) I saw the highspeed melee mods and I thought they were pretty cool. I got permission from the author to use some of his work. This mod is going to be the ultimate melee mod combined with some other mods. Here are some of the features it will have (all of the features work in SP):

-A new melee stance
-New more realistic punch animations
-New kick animations
-New visual melee effects
-New sounds
-Faster punching (basically what you would consider Jaden's maximum ability)
-The ability to do a flurry of punches at a fast but realistic speed
-Jaden and others now also kick at their maximum ability (speed-wise)
-New easier ways to do split kicks, spin kickes and flip kickes
-All the sabers that don't allow you to do kickes (single and duals) will have modified katas that are exactly the same except will have kickes on the end like the strong kata will have a spin kick on the end and fast style a split kick
-A new melee ammo system with which you start with 300 ammo and each punch takes 2 ammo and when you reach 0 Jaden can still punch but not nearly as fast which simulates him being tired
-The ability to do cartwheels instead of butterflys to the left and right woth the staff (because of the way the animation is coded though if the cartwheel might do damage if it touches somebody
-The ability to do cartwheels with melee instead of doing jump side kicks
-The ability to do spin kicks in midair by replacing the jump back kick
-Faster melee katas that send enemies flying back even farther than normal
-An improved split kick animation
-Faster melee katas that send enemies flying even farther
-Some sort of way to put your hands down at ease and then out them back up
-In the .pk3 I'll include a small guide to melee fighting and force power using with some tips, tricks and secrets some of you may not know

Those are most of the things I'm hoping to put in it of course on the final release there could be more features or less depending on if I think of more ideas or if I can't get some things done. Eventually I will release a v2 that works better with MP and that is compatible with the JA+ mod. I'm mostly making this mod for SP but it will definately change some things in MP. I also hope to add some saber like melee styles where your character has glowing hands. Any help and support appreciated. Could someone also take a look at my topic in General Editing because no one has replied to it and I need some help.
 katanamaru
07-05-2006, 11:44 PM
I'm sorry to be a nay sayer but a lot of that would require coding to do, which if you don't know, they haven't released sp sdk. Sorry to be a bearer of bad news.
 MeleeMaster
07-06-2006, 7:33 AM
For you info, all you have to do to replace animations is copy and paste certain numbers in the animation.cfg file. All it requires to make certain animations faster is to up their frame speed in the animation.cfg file. In order to make enemies fly farther after doing a punch kata or choke and throw kata I would need to edit the animation of them going flying. What I mean by a flurry of punches is the ability to keep constantly doing a repeated punch. You'll see. All it takes to make punches or kicks faster is editing the weapons.dat and all it takes to make new ammo is editng pf the items.dat (melee will use pre-existing ammo though). Just trust me, none of this requires code changes or new code. Need I say more?
 katanamaru
07-08-2006, 11:10 PM
Yes please

-A new melee ammo system with which you start with 300 ammo and each punch takes 2 ammo and when you reach 0 Jaden can still punch but not nearly as fast which simulates him being tired

Ok how does this not involve coding?

-New easier ways to do split kicks, spin kickes and flip kickes

If you make a .sab file this is possible but how will you do this with melee?

-All the sabers that don't allow you to do kickes (single and duals) will have modified katas that are exactly the same except will have kickes on the end like the strong kata will have a spin kick on the end and fast style a split kick

Never seen anything like this done before, I don't even know where to begin trying to figure this one out.

-Some sort of way to put your hands down at ease and then out them back up

Hit the 'holster' button, = by default I believe.

Everything else sounds like animation replacement which is possible.
 MeleeMaster
07-09-2006, 7:28 AM
About the melee ammo system, I tested it and when I ran out of ammo for some reason Jaden could still punch but he couldn't nearly as fast as normal.

In order to do kicks at the end of a kata all I do is take the kick animation I want to use and fuse it together with the kata animation (lets just say it's a really tedious proccess that takes a lot of text editing) I want and thats it. Because of the way the animation is coded when the player kicks at the end of the combo it might do damage rather than send the enemie flying or maybe it will just send the enemie flying or it might even do both.

By the way, when I say new easier ways to do the special kicks I mean by replacing certain animations.

About the saber melee styles instead of having a lightsaber you can have glowing hands if you want for melee combat (well saber combat without the saber).

Never knew about the holster button. Thx for telling me about it.
Page: 1 of 1