Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Turning party members into jedi?

Page: 1 of 1
 Sarthos
07-05-2006, 9:21 AM
I think that it can be done, but how can I make party members (like mission or carth) into jedi?
 Yoda121
07-05-2006, 9:54 AM
You want to do it with an Editor or with the dialogs?
You can't turn you NPCs into jedi with only the game and dialogs.

You should use an Savegame Editor like KSE for only this Party with this Playable Character.
For your ALL partys, you should use KOTOR Tool or an GFF Editor, but KOTOR Tool is more recommended.
 Sarthos
07-05-2006, 9:57 AM
Ok, but how do I make them a jedi? what files do I edit, etc?
 Yoda121
07-05-2006, 10:21 AM
With KSE, you can turn them into Jedi like this:
Open KSE which can you find here (http://www.starwarsknights.com/click.php?id=1)
Go to your party Savegame in "SAVEGAMES=>Knights Of The Old Republic=>*your party number*=>NPCs=>*your name of Charachter which you want to turn into a Jedi*=>Classes. Click on your NPCs class and select an available class into a bord in right party of KSE. Click on "Add Class" button. You should to go to *your name of Charachter which you turned into a Jedi*=>Feats. And Add feat "Handling of the weapons: Lightsaber". I am not sure it is a true name because I have a French version of KOTOR but users of forum can tell you.
Select the "Commit Changes" button and close KSE.

With KOTOR Tool:
Open KOTOR Tool.
Go to KOTOR=>Templates.bif=> Blueprint, Character. Double click on p_carth.utc for Carth.
Go to "Class" party. Modify his class in menu with default Class. Save it to Override folder and Carth will be a Jedi.

Sorry if specified aren't corrects. I did this with KOTOR II because, the 1 isn't instaled in this computer...
Users of forum will correct me... :) :D
 lord ignarn
07-05-2006, 10:24 AM
Itґs right, thatґs the way for doing it both in K1 and in K2. As KSE and Kotor Tool have the same using for both games.
 Yoda121
07-05-2006, 10:35 AM
Ok, thank you.
But, it is "Handling of the weapons: Lightsaber"?
 Darkkender
07-05-2006, 12:33 PM
I think that it can be done, but how can I make party members (like mission or carth) into jedi?

Let's go back to square one here as your question was not very clear and you are being directed to use KSE. Answer each question below please for best help.

Do you want the above mentioned characters to Start as Jedi as soon as they join your party?

Do you want your partymembers to become Jedi through your adventures?

or Do you want to change a game after it has already been started without any mods.

If you say Yes to the last question then KSE is the answer. However if you say yes to either of the first 2 questions then For you and those recomending KSE that most assuredly is NOT the answer. Let me repeat Not the answer.

For question two there are tutorials on making partymembers Jedi by using the MakeJedi script. Also there are mods out there to turn all your non-Jedi partymembers into Jedi Redhawke has made one for Mission, Carth, & Canderous and I have just created one for Zaalbar(In alpha state).

As to question one above you would want to open the partymembers UTC files up in KT and change there class there as well as give them some force powers. Once again we have tutorials to help you through this process.
 Sarthos
07-05-2006, 1:16 PM
I might eventually use the makejedi script (I'd need the link) but for now, they'll start as jedi.
 Darkkender
07-05-2006, 2:17 PM
The makejedi script is a script that is already in game. As to a link we have an entire tutorials subsection at the top of the forums dedicated to scripting. Members of the forum should not have to provide direct links when a little searching on one's on behalf goes a long way.
 Pavlos
07-05-2006, 3:48 PM
(Darkkender, there is no "Make an NPC a Jedi" tutorial :). That would probably explain his confusion).

Hi there, Sarthos.

Here is how to get your Jedi companion. We'll go over KotOR I, seeing as how you asked your question in regards to that game :) (For other readers, the principle is basically the same for Knights 2). You will want to choose a point in the game where you think that an NPC would want you to make them a Jedi. So if we take Mission as an example:

1) Where does Mission have a turning point in her perceptions? Why, that would be after her meeting with Griff, would it not? We can use the Global Number “Mis_MissionTalk” to check whether or not Griff has once more abandoned Mission; if he has this will be set to fifteen. So what we need is a script to check for this numeric. We can use “k_hmis_Talk15” which is already in the game or we can make our own. Something along the lines of:

// con_griff_left.nss
/*
Checks if Mis_MissionTalk is at 15
*/
// Created By: Pavlos

int StartingConditional() {
return (GetGlobalNumber("Mis_MissionTalk") == 15);
}

Compile it and place it in the override.

2) Now we have something to check for ;), so go and find k_hmis_dialog.dlg (Found in BIFS --> Templates --> Dialog). Some people have been having issues with KotOR Tool’s editor, even with the K1 dialogues so we will extract and open it up in tk102’s tool. We are going to create a new node. In this we can have Mission say something like: “Hey there… I actually wanted to talk to you, it’s important.” So then you give the player the usual array of choices before eventually leading on to you allowing her to become a Jedi. You’ll want to go down to the “Script that determines availability” field for this node. Paste the name of the script we created above without the extension. Or, if you didn’t create a script just type “k_hmis_Talk15” into the field.

3) The first way we can do this is to just have Mission become a stock class. I always thought that Mission would make a good Jedi Sentinel so we’ll do that. Attach this script to the node in which the player says something like “Very well, then know you have the makings of a Jedi Sentinel within you.” It goes in the “Script that fires when spoken” field.

// act_miss_jedi.nss
/*
Makes Mission a Jedi Sentinel
*/

void main() {
object oMission = GetObjectByTag("Mission");
AddMultiClass(CLASS_TYPE_JEDISENTINEL, oMission);
SetGlobalNumber("Mis_MissionTalk", 16); //So we cannot talk with her about this again
}

As with before, the data you put in the field is the name of our above script without the extension.

4) You may also wish to include choices. We can have them as follows:

“I understand your desire, Mission. The Force is truly a wonderful thing… perhaps the training of a Jedi Consular suits you best.”

“Alright, Mission, you got me. You’ll be a powerful Jedi one day; strong enough to become one of the greatest Sentinels”

“You’re pretty handy in a fight, Mission. I can see you as a Jedi Guardian.”.

Then we will need a script for each – one for each class. So you will want to substitute “CLASS_TYPE_JEDISENTINEL” for “CLASS_TYPE_JEDIGUARDIAN” and “CLASS_TYPE_JEDICONSULAR” and save each under a unique name, before assigning them to the relevant nodes. So will end up with these three scripts:

// act_miss_sent.nss
/*
Makes Mission a Jedi Sentinel
*/

void main() {
AddMultiClass(CLASS_TYPE_JEDISENTINEL, oMission);
SetGlobalNumber("Mis_MissionTalk", 16);
}

// act_miss_guard.nss
/*
Makes Mission a Jedi Guardian
*/

void main() {
AddMultiClass(CLASS_TYPE_JEDIGUARDIAN, oMission);
}

// act_miss_cons.nss
/*
Makes Mission a Jedi Consular
*/

void main() {
AddMultiClass(CLASS_TYPE_JEDICONSULAR, oMission);
}

5) Finally, you will want to move you node to just above the “Huh? Oh... sorry. I was thinking about Taris. I still can't believe it's gone! I mean, I grew up there and now it's... it's... it's just gone!” line. So right click on it and select “Move Up.” Continue to do this until it is above that line. This way, when you speak with Mission after Griff has left once more (After his failed venture with the Tarisian Ale) she will want to become a Jedi. :).

Edit: In K2 we can edit the a_makejedi script rather than have lots of separate scripts - thanks to the use of parameters in dialogue files.
 Darkkender
07-05-2006, 4:41 PM
The thread is titled frequently used scripting functions Pavlos. ;)
 Pavlos
07-05-2006, 4:46 PM
The thread is titled frequently used scripting functions Pavlos. ;)

Ah... hmm. Oh well. My mistake. At least I got to type an excessively long post.
 Darkkender
07-05-2006, 5:51 PM
That you did my friend.
Page: 1 of 1