Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Assault Scenario

Page: 1 of 1
 Thrawn3.14
07-02-2006, 8:19 PM
You have been tasked with the elimination of a rebel presence above Kuat. You have been provided a modest fleet with which to accomplish your goal.

Your Fleet (Imperial) consists of:

1 Imperial Star Destroyer
3 Victory Star Destroyer's
6 Tartan Patrol Cruiser's
1 Broadside (Missile Frigate)
16 Acclamators

The Rebel Fleet consists of:

4 Mon Calamari Cruisers
5 Assault Frigates
4 Correlian Corvettes
2 Correllian Gunship
4 Nebulon B's
4 A - Wing squadrons

The rebels have a Level 1 Space Station in orbit.
All Rebel Forces must be eliminated or forced to retreat.

How would you handle this situation and which strategies would you use?
 shadowsi
07-03-2006, 12:17 PM
Pretty balanced, but im my opinion rebels win... :duel:

-The TIES are owerpowered by A-Wings and Corvettes.
-Star destroyers and the broadside are pwned by Mon Calamaris.
-You can take shields down quickly by Gunship's missiles (which go through the shields)
-They you just use the remaining force to take down those acclamators and tartans.
-You just have to prevent Tartans destroying all your x-wings....

The rebels win then, but with lots of loses.
 Thrawn3.14
07-06-2006, 1:24 PM
Immediatly after the hyperspace cinematic ended, I would send all available Acclamators to eliminate the corvettes. Remaining Acclamators will engage the rebels and destroy the laser cannons on the Nebulon-B's and Assault Frigates. Without any anti-starfighter defences (after swarming the A-Wings with TIE's) the Rebels will be at the mercy of my bombers. I would disable the fleet, leaving only the engines or shields intact. My Broadside as well as my bombers would then destroy the station. Once the destruction of the station is complete, My VSD's, as well as my ISD would destroy the disabled fleet. Any reinforcements the Rebels bring in will be quickly destroyed due to the post hyperspace shield weakness.

This would ensure victory while losing only 4-6 Acclamators (which by this point are hopelessly outdated).
 Thrawn3.14
07-07-2006, 12:57 PM
Anyone up to the challenge?
 KIlo_24
11-06-2007, 8:42 PM
I would probably set the broadside on the space station and then take 8 of my acclamators and set them onto the space station as well. The rest of the acclamators will split up two on each mon cal cruiser along with my VSDs so the shields would go down faster. Then My ISD would back up the acclamators and VSDs attacking the MCs. My tartans will deal with the rest of the rebels until my acclamators finish up the space station which should be quick, then i would set them onto the frigates and corvettes. Should be easy especially since the acclamators and VSDs, ISD has ties to help out.
Page: 1 of 1