Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

looking for Sam & Max computer games (windows XP)

Page: 1 of 1
 blor
07-02-2006, 3:05 PM
I have Sam & Max hit the road, but think I've worn it out. Does anyone know where I can get another copy ? Also have they converted it to Windows and have they made more Sam & Max Computer Games? Lor
 Samnmax221
07-02-2006, 8:06 PM
Ebay, ScummVM (www.scummvm.org) will run it in Windows with sound.
 Ray Jones
07-03-2006, 5:05 AM
VDMSound (http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=20091&package_id=14610) is so much cooler, since you can play *any* DOS game with it, and, with respect to the great work done by the ScummVM developers, I always prefer to play SCUMM games using the original Scumm interpreter (read: original game exe) since it's "less buggy".
 Samnmax221
07-03-2006, 5:10 AM
ScummVM isn't real buggy, I've used it for years and only had it crash once.
 Ray Jones
07-03-2006, 5:47 AM
XD I knew I would be "misunderstood" lol.

Okay, I'll rephrase:

I prefer playing SCUMM games using the original exe file (which provides the original SCUMM interpreter for this specific game), because this makes sure I'll have the game 100% as it was meant to be. ScummVM has yet to reach 100% compatibility for *any* of the games it supports (see ScummVM.org's compatibility list (http://scummvm.org/compatibility.php)). I experienced incompatibilities myself with CMI and Sam & Max. ScummVM is, however, the best alternative when there's no way of running the DOS executable.
 Samnmax221
07-03-2006, 6:34 AM
Where have you found incompatibilities? My one crash was in DOTT
 Ray Jones
07-03-2006, 7:38 AM
It came up with some kind of strange behaviour. I cannot remember what it was exactly. I think it just froze at some point in CMI. In Sam & Max I had problems with sound lags and I think with getting text & speech work together. And there were slight "misinterpretations" of the script, too. Nothing major, but still noticeable for me, and thus not *original*.

Yeah, I know, it's all due to a less legitimate character of my copies of the games. :dozey:

[edit]

Err, and I recapitulate having issues with DOTT, too.
Page: 1 of 1