Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (Resolved)

Page: 1 of 1
 Pucho777
07-02-2006, 1:35 AM
Hi Guys.

This pertains to anyone who has had and has yet to resolve this issue.

The problem is within your .XML files. Somehow, the information in your .XML files is incorrect.

Backtrack your editing within those files and pay close attention to detail.

Good luck.
 Mysteryman21
07-04-2006, 12:33 AM
I keep getting the error. But you post deosnt help me at all. I have not alterted anything. I currently have only the demo. But the full version is on its way. What do i need to do to fix this???
 Pucho777
07-04-2006, 11:40 PM
I keep getting the error. But you post deosnt help me at all. I have not alterted anything. I currently have only the demo. But the full version is on its way. What do i need to do to fix this???
Apologies.

The issue is not resolved. I just received it again this evening.

It always occurs at some point after I achieve Tech Level 2.

Hopefully, someone has resolved the issue and will help.
 Mysteryman21
07-05-2006, 1:59 AM
Does anyone know if the developers are working on a solution for this annoying problem?
 Pucho777
07-05-2006, 2:44 PM
Apologies.

The issue is not resolved. I just received it again this evening.

It always occurs at some point after I achieve Tech Level 2.

Hopefully, someone has resolved the issue and will help.
Once again, it seems that I have resolved the issue (lol).

I am almost to Tech Level 3 within a game. I couldn't achieve it because I was much too tired. It was obvious that I had resolved it as, I had never (EVER) gotten that far into the game after Tech Level 2. The issue occurred almost immediately after Tech Level 2.

What I had changed was in my story.XML files. I restored all of them to their previous settings.

I believe an EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION can occur with a variety of issues on a computer. It is a program error, however. In this instance, it is as a result of the program pointing to something that it does not recognize/that is not there (anylonger). Example: An improper change in one of it's files (.XML).

That is my hypothesis.

I will provide a final update to this at some point either, this evening, or tomorow afternoon.
 Mysteryman21
07-05-2006, 6:55 PM
Well i have not edited any files whatsoever and i still get that message.

I just sent in a supprot ticket, do you think it will help??
 Pucho777
07-05-2006, 10:29 PM
Well i have not edited any files whatsoever and i still get that message.

I just sent in a supprot ticket, do you think it will help??

Completely tested, I am at Tech Level 4 now in-game. It absolutely was as a result of an error I made in the .XML files, without doubt.

I'm sure someone will help you if you sent in a support ticket.

Good luck.
 Mysteryman21
07-06-2006, 12:05 AM
I hope so. Maybe i will get lucky and the full version CD will be fine...........I HOPE
 tomnucusa
10-05-2006, 8:48 PM
how do you restore tthe .xml files?
Page: 1 of 1