Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Need Help With First Mod

Page: 1 of 1
 Jabba da Butt
07-01-2006, 4:38 PM
Well, I am about to embark on making my first mod. However, I have no idea where to start. I have Kotor tool and a whole lot of other tools as well, but I am still having trouble figuring out the general uses of Kotor tool, and the types of mods that I can make with it.

I have noticed that a lot of people hate GOTO, so I was thinking of making a Mod to boost his stats and make him more of a help in combat. I have found the character files in Kotor tool, and messed around with them a bit. I even changed GOTO's stats and saved it. But how do I turn this into a mod? I know how to start a new project but not how to create a mod. Please help.
 Emperor Devon
07-01-2006, 5:26 PM
You don't need to bother with the project manager for something like this. Just open Goto's template, edit it, and save it to your override folder. If you don't have one, you should make one.
 Jabba da Butt
07-01-2006, 5:53 PM
All right, thanks, but when I save it to the override folder nothing happens. Does this only take effect if I get G0T0 after introducing the mod?
 RedHawke
07-01-2006, 9:09 PM
All right, thanks, but when I save it to the override folder nothing happens. Does this only take effect if I get G0T0 after introducing the mod?
That would be a yes... ;)
 Jabba da Butt
07-01-2006, 9:15 PM
Okay, thanks a lot. Ill test it out then.
 Yoda121
07-02-2006, 4:24 AM
Your GO-TO NPCs, did you find here?

KOTOR II
BIFs
Templates.bif
Blueprint, Charachter?

Or here when you Extract a Module?

KOTOR II
RIMs
Modules

KOTOR II
ERFs
Modules
 Jabba da Butt
07-09-2006, 8:37 AM
First i need to appologise for being gone for a week, I forgot to post that on my thread. Secondly, I used the first of the methods that you mentioned. Is that a bad thing?
 EnderWiggin
07-09-2006, 10:47 AM
First i need to appologise for being gone for a week, I forgot to post that on my thread. Secondly, I used the first of the methods that you mentioned. Is that a bad thing?

Nope.

That's the way you were supposed to do it.

_EW_
 Jabba da Butt
07-09-2006, 1:44 PM
Ok thanks.
Page: 1 of 1