Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

New head problem

Page: 1 of 1
 Arбtoeldar
06-30-2006, 11:03 AM
I am trying to use Darkkender head tutorial. However I cannot find the .mdl and the .mdx file. I have tried looking at Fred's help and manually searching for the files.
 Yoda121
06-30-2006, 11:20 AM
You'll find all model files here (.mdl):
KOTOR II
BIFs
model.bif
Aurora Model

You'll find model extensions here (.mdx):
KOTOR II
BIFs
Models.bif
Aurora Model Extension

If you want to read them with Gmax or 3DStudio Max, you should have MDLops and Convert them to ASCII model. :)
 Arбtoeldar
06-30-2006, 12:14 PM
Thanks for your help. :)

I assume that c_female is the pc female. I cannot find the male conterpart.
 Yoda121
06-30-2006, 12:24 PM
Sorry, I don't know. I'm a newbie in modeling...
 Jackel
06-30-2006, 1:17 PM
The names for the heads you can select at the "new game" page in TSL are:

Asian Females:
pfha01
pfha02
pfha03
pfha04
pfha05
pfha06

Black Female:
pfhb01
pfhb02
pfhb03
pfhb04
pfhb05

White Females:
pfhc01
pfhc01
pfhc02
pfhc03
pfhc04
pfhc05
pfhc06
pfhc07

Asian Males:
pmha01
pmha02
pmha03
pmha04
pmha05
pmha06
pmha07

Black Male:
pmhb01
pmhb02
pmhb03
pmhb04
pmhb05
pmhb06
pmhb07
pmhb08
pmhb09
pmhb10

White Male:
pmhc01
pmhc02
pmhc03
pmhc04
pmhc05
pmhc06
pmhc07

NPCs like Bastilla, Carth etc all have seperate head files that are generally named P_*character name*h ie P_Bastillah would be Bastillas head, P_Attonh would be Attons. Some characters are one model so dont have seperate head files (characters like HK-47) their file is usually just P_*character name* ie for HK-47 its P_hk47.

Hope this helps.

NOTE:The mdl and mdx file have the same names except for the extention ie the .mdl or mdx bit. You will need both to be able to do any work on them.

The numbers for the heads in K1 should be the same with maybe a couple less for some of them. Havent got K1 installed at the moment but Im pretty sure its exactly the same.
 Arбtoeldar
06-30-2006, 2:45 PM
Thanks Jackel.

Operator head space and timing on my part. :o
 Darkkender
07-01-2006, 12:45 AM
Also Kotor Tool makes it easy to extract only the Ascii models if you want by double clicking the mdl file itself. However if your following the head tutorial you don't need the Ascii. One thing of note most models that begin with "C_*" are usually creature models. Those that are human body models are single body and head meshes instead of 2 seperate models. Most of the aliens that have 2 models one head one body will all have a "N_*" prefixing the alien race. However even that selection is limited to only Twileks for both males and females.
 Arбtoeldar
07-02-2006, 9:43 AM
I have already added three lines for each of the character classes. I have also added a line to head and portrait 2DA for the new PC model

P_NameH= Head
P_NameHD1= Head lightly dark
P_NameHD2= Head dark

P_NameBA for the underwear
P_NameBAD for Dark side underwear

P_NameBB for clothing
P_NameBBD for dark side clothing

PO_NameH = portrait
PO_NameHD1 = portrait lightly dark
PO_NameHD2 = portrait dark

I will need a good and evil mdl and mdx for the character. I assume they will be have to be edited. What tool do I use to edit these files?

Is this everything I need to have this character work in K1 and K2?
 Princess Artemis
07-02-2006, 3:17 PM
If I understand what you're doing with the models, I don't know if you can use a DS model. But if you could, it might work...you could extract the body model you want for the underwear, rename it, and then use MDLOps (that's the tool you'd use for editing the texture a model takes) renamer function to assign it a texture, which you would put in texaevil in appearance.2da. So you would have two of the underwear model, one regular and one for the DS texture.

I don't know if that would work, but it's worth a try. If it doesn't work, use the default entry in the PC texaevil so they'll wear Sith Underoos (maybe, hopefully). For the clothes, if you can't get a DS version, you can put gloves on them, cover anything that would show skin so you don't have to worry about skin miss-matches.

That looks pretty much what you would need for a new character in K1 and K2, although I could be missing something. Just remember that K1 models only work in K1 and K2 models only work in K2, even if from the looks of things, they're exactly the same.
Page: 1 of 1