Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Sith assasin NPC appearance.

Page: 1 of 1
 AIVAS
06-26-2006, 4:28 AM
I've been up for a long time, so I'm being very blunt, and very brief. I want to have my main character appear like a sith assasin, or at least the nice helmet. And since this isn't majorly affecting gameplay, just my desired appearance, I believe it goes here, and not in the workbench.

I've tried the only mod available (On PCGM) That claims to give robes that make you look like a sith assasin. Equipping them = a crash.

I've tried editing my characters appearance to Sith_assassin_01 The only sith assasin there is. Via KSE. when I load up, my screen is black, though I still have the UI.

Is there any proven, functioning way to get my character's appearance to that of a sith assasin NPC?

EDIT: Also, out of curiosity, are there any ways to get the tentarek appearance to work as well? It causes similar problems.

And of course, here are my installed mods, and system specs.

Achylles game balance

USM

higher level force powers 2.1

new Female Pc 2.6

kreia's darth_traya appearance

Ceramonial weapons

System specs: OS: Windows XP 5.1, build 2600 service pack 2.

CPU: Intel, pentium(R) D CPU 2.80GHz

RAM: 2048 MB

HD: (NTFS), UNICODE 65.91 GB free

Video: AIW x600 series, 256mb.

Audio: USB audio device

OpenGL ATI techs inc, 1.5.4709 winXP Release

DirectX: DirectX 9.0c
 mimic666
06-26-2006, 5:18 AM
This request belongs here (http://lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=635)
 AIVAS
06-26-2006, 5:19 AM
This request belongs here (http://lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=635)

I'm not asking for anyone to mod this. I'm asking if anyone knows what my problem is in altering my appearance to that of some specific NPCs via KSE.
 Shem
06-26-2006, 5:37 AM
I'm not asking for anyone to mod this. I'm asking if anyone knows what my problem is in altering my appearance to that of some specific NPCs via KSE.We realize that, but it doesn't belong here. It should go in the Holowan Labs Forum.
 AIVAS
06-26-2006, 5:45 AM
We realize that, but it doesn't belong here. It should go in the Holowan Labs Forum.

I was linked to a mod request forum.I considered that this might go there, but it was more of a troubleshooting error, so I wasn't sure. thank you for the clarification, though any help with my problem would be appreciated. I cna provide screenshots of the black screen witht he UI if ened be.
 mimic666
06-26-2006, 5:46 AM
Reads over and over again. *squints* In that case this belongs in Holowan Labs (http://lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=324) perhaps someone that's into modding K2 can help you there.

Edit: Shem beat me to it ^^^ : (
 ChAiNz.2da
06-26-2006, 2:36 PM
Agreed. To Holowan Labs we go! *poof* :D
 mjpb3
06-26-2006, 2:42 PM
One note on this, when changing your PC's appearance with KSE, I have found that if you start the game and get a black screen but can hear sounds or see the in-game GUI then try uneqipping any clothing your PC has on. That works for me. Something about the character being equippied with armor, clothing, etc... will cause the game to *hiccup*.

Try that and see if it works.
 AIVAS
06-26-2006, 4:11 PM
One note on this, when changing your PC's appearance with KSE, I have found that if you start the game and get a black screen but can hear sounds or see the in-game GUI then try uneqipping any clothing your PC has on. That works for me. Something about the character being equippied with armor, clothing, etc... will cause the game to *hiccup*.

Try that and see if it works.

Amazingly, it works for the sith_assassin_01, but not for the terantanek for some reason.

Unfortunately, much to my dismay, the sith_assasin_01 skin looks like a slightly altered, and darker sith soldier. Is anyone aware of exactly what appearance the NPCs that attack you in places like the harbinger have?

EDIT: What appearance sith_assassin_01 looks like

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/AIVAS/emosith.jpg)
 stoffe
06-26-2006, 4:38 PM
Unfortunately, much to my dismay, the sith_assasin_01 skin looks like a slightly altered, and darker sith soldier. Is anyone aware of exactly what appearance the NPCs that attack you in places like the harbinger have?

Dark_Jedi_Low_Male_01 for assassins affiliated with Darth Sion, and Dark_Jedi_Low_Male_03 for assassins affiliated with Darth Nihilus.

The sith_assasin_01 appearance you found is used for the Obese Bounty Hunters working for the Exchange Boss on Nar Shaddaa. (It was probably used for Sith Assassins at some time during development, before they decided to go with the current assassin appearance instead.)
 AIVAS
06-26-2006, 4:39 PM
Dark_Jedi_Low_Male_01 for assassins affiliated with Darth Sion, and Dark_Jedi_Low_Male_03 for assassins affiliated with Darth Nihilus.

Thank you so much! I'll give it a try immidiately. And then I'll edit the results into this post.

EDIT: The result is, I cna't even get kotor 2 to start now, even upon changing back. I'm going to reboot and see if that fixes the problem.
 stoffe
06-26-2006, 4:48 PM
EDIT: The result is, I cna't even get kotor 2 to start now, even upon changing back. I'm going to reboot and see if that fixes the problem.

Make sure any character you give this appearance has nothing equipped in their body equipment slot. Those appearance lines only have models assigned to the "naked" model slot, resulting in invisible characters and crashes if any clothing or armor is equipped.

If you want them to work while wearing clothing or armor you'll have to modify the appearance.2da file. The modelb ---> modeln and texb ---> texn columns must be changed to have the same value as the modela and texa columns respectively, for lines 528 and 530.
 AIVAS
06-26-2006, 5:04 PM
Make sure any character you give this appearance has nothing equipped in their body equipment slot. Those appearance lines only have models assigned to the "naked" model slot, resulting in invisible characters and crashes if any clothing or armor is equipped.

If you want them to work while wearing clothing or armor you'll have to modify the appearance.2da file. The modelb ---> modeln and texb ---> texn columns must be changed to have the same value as the modela and texa columns respectively, for lines 528 and 530.

Twas a problem with the launcher, the problem is fixed now, but thanks. And it does work, though I have absolutely no clue what you're talking about for editing the 2DA files...
 stoffe
06-26-2006, 5:15 PM
Twas a problem with the launcher, the problem is fixed now, but thanks. And it does work, though I have absolutely no clue what you're talking about for editing the 2DA files...

If it has not already been done by another mod you should have those two lines in the appearance.2da file changed so that a 3d model and texture is assigned to all clothing types for it. Otherwise it'd only work if the character is naked, and would most likely crash the game if something was equipped in the body/torso equipment slot.

Usually you use KotorTool to modify 2DA files. If you're not interested in learning how, here (http://www.algonet.se/~stoffe/assassinfix.zip) is a pre-packaged one-click solution I just put together that should work. Unpack the folder in the zip-archive somewhere (not into the override folder though!) and run the patcher exe (Fix Assassin Appearance.exe) inside it. This will modify the appearance.2da file for your KotOR2:TSL game for you, assigning models to all the outfit columns for those two appearances. :)
 AIVAS
06-26-2006, 5:21 PM
If it has not already been done by another mod you should have those two lines in the appearance.2da file changed so that a 3d model and texture is assigned to all chothing types for it. Otherwise it'd only work if the character with the appearance is naked, and would most likely crash the game if something was equipped in the body/torso equipment slot.

Usually you use KotorTool to modify 2DA files. If you're not interested in learning how, here (http://www.algonet.se/~stoffe/assassinfix.zip) is a pre-packaged one-click solution I just put together that should work. Unpack the folder in the zip-archive somewhere (not into the override folder though!) and run the patcher exe (Fix Assassin Appearance.exe) inside it. This will modify the appearance.2da file for your KotOR2:TSL game for you, assigning models to all the outfit columns for those two appearances. :)

Forgive my lack of echnical incling, but if I understand this correctly, this will allow me to use an appearance.2da folder in my override, and by changing my character's appearance to one of the sith assasins after installing it, I can wear clothes over it? If so, that would be a great solution to my problem. (Because I have so many good appearance.2da mods, and choosing is a painful task indeed)
 stoffe
06-26-2006, 5:45 PM
Forgive my lack of echnical incling, but if I understand this correctly, this will allow me to use an appearance.2da folder in my override, and by changing my character's appearance to one of the sith assasins after installing it, I can wear clothes over it? If so, that would be a great solution to my problem. (Because I have so many good appearance.2da mods, and choosing is a painful task indeed)

The patch installer will modify any existing appearance.2da file found in your override folder when you run it (or put a new modified one there if you don't have the file already). It will not overwrite anything. Note that it will only look for the file directly in the override folder though, so if you have it in a subfolder move the file up into the override folder directly.

It should allow you to wear armor while using the Sith Assassin look, though the armor will not change how the character looks when doing so. It'll just prevent it from crashing or the character turning invisible. :)
 AIVAS
06-26-2006, 6:13 PM
The patch installer will modify any existing appearance.2da file found in your override folder when you run it (or put a new modified one there if you don't have the file already). It will not overwrite anything. Note that it will only look for the file directly in the override folder though, so if you have it in a subfolder move the file up into the override folder directly.

It should allow you to wear armor while using the Sith Assassin look, though the armor will not change how the character looks when doing so. It'll just prevent it from crashing or the character turning invisible. :)

It works, thank you! ^_^
 Nema_Suneimi
07-03-2006, 12:28 AM
I have found ChAiNz's TSL Hak Pad mod to be invaluable for in-game cheats -- the Hak Pad datapad lets you access a portable workbench/lab and "buy" almost every item in the game (no open starport visas, though =P), adjust stats, levels, alignment, get credits, etc., and the booster pack mod includes a "Holowan Cloakworks" section (by andargor, who made a similar portable storefront mod for KotOR 1) that allows you to put on disguises of NPCs in the game. Insert it through KSE to avoid the "cheats used" graphic and then use at your convenience - but as it's an inventory item you'll be without it for a lil while on Citadel station when the TSF takes all your gear!

http://www.pcgamemods.com/mod/14083.html)
http://www.pcgamemods.com/mod/14872.html)
http://www.andargor.com/)

Just thought I'd suggest it for future appearance changes if you don't want to mess around with programs outside of the game. I haven't done too much with the disguises so not sure if you'd run into any problems besides trying one which isn't tied to TSL (there are some models from KotOR 1 in the Cloakworks list that can make your game crash). I did try the Ubese bounty hunter one but didn't stick with it because it was a male model on my female PC.
 EnderWiggin
07-03-2006, 12:55 AM
Just thought I'd suggest it for future appearance changes if you don't want to mess around with programs outside of the game. I haven't done too much with the disguises so not sure if you'd run into any problems besides trying one which isn't tied to TSL (there are some models from KotOR 1 in the Cloakworks list that can make your game crash). I did try the Ubese bounty hunter one but didn't stick with it because it was a male model on my female PC.

That wasn't his problem. He was having troubles after he changed his appearance.

Also, if you are looking for extra open starport visas, you might want to try this (http://endersmods.com/EMods/Mods/Extra_Starport_Visas_Mod.zip) scripted mod of mine that adds three extra starport visas in Dhagon Ghent's house on Onderon.

_EW_
 Nema_Suneimi
07-03-2006, 12:16 PM
That wasn't his problem. He was having troubles after he changed his appearance.

Also, if you are looking for extra open starport visas, you might want to try this (http://endersmods.com/EMods/Mods/Extra_Starport_Visas_Mod.zip) scripted mod of mine that adds three extra starport visas in Dhagon Ghent's house on Onderon.

_EW_

LOL, wishes come true! Thanks. =)
Page: 1 of 1