Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Empty/Disapearing Fleet?

Page: 1 of 1
 Grey_Ghost
06-24-2006, 1:37 AM
I finally decide to play the game after having owned it all this time, and I am presented with a gamestoping bug after just a few missions (new install patched 1.4). Right after the Rebel mission in Freisa(sp?) to steal the X-Wing Prototypes, the fleet/ground forces that were engaged there became null and void (empty) I could see the Stealth symbol on the slot, but nothing was in it.

I ended up sending C3PO/R2D2 to investigate, and they too vanished which then made the game unprogressable since they can't steal tech in limbo.

Anyone know what the hell cause this to happen, so I can try not to do it again?! I would go friggin crazy if I have to keep redoing missions all the time because of this.
 Grey_Ghost
06-25-2006, 6:26 AM
Golly this game is buggy! I keep encountering other game stopping bugs. My most recent was that I could not attack (even raids), nor could the AI seem to do anything. Our fleets would just stare at each other in the same System. http://home.houston.rr.com/vallore/8P.gif)

Well, now I save like a mad man. Every time I run into one of these problems now I always have a save game not far behind. Thankfully, loading these save games (even one just 10 seconds before the problem) does not reproduce the errors...I hope it stays that way.
Page: 1 of 1