Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Fixing the "torture scene" on the Leviathan

Page: 1 of 1
 Sevarus
06-22-2006, 9:35 PM
This would go along with my little revision of the flirt checks that makes the Carth and Bastila romances possible with either males or females. However, it seems the torture scene on the Leviathan is determined by gender alone. I'd like to change this so it's more Baldur's Gate style, i.e after the four "friend" talks, after the first "romance" talk, if you don't ruin it, you make a global variable like "BastilaRomance=1." Same for Carth. And then, on the Leviathan, whoever gets tortured is weighted first by if the romance variables are equal to 1, and if you're not involved in a romance with either of them, it's determined by gender just like it used to be.

However, this is proving difficult because I can't decompile the scripts into a language that makes sense. Is there some way I could write code that I could somehow "interject" into the game script so that this would work? Which scripts would I need to edit?

Thanks in advance.
 Darth333
06-23-2006, 9:30 AM
The source of the scripts that check whether the pc is male or female is available in the BIFs.

Check the dialogue for that scene: lev40_saul403.dlg

Example:
Reply 147-> k_con_isfemale
Reply 27 -> k_con_ismale

Since those scripts are used throughout the entire game, you would have to replace those scripts with your custom script (new name for the script) and then edit the .dlg file to refer to your new conditional script.

btw, there are already globals that allow you to determine at which stage the PC is in the romance with Carth or Bastila:

K_SWG_BASTILA
K_SWG_CARTH
 Sevarus
06-23-2006, 3:46 PM
Okay, I know how to check the variables now.

The only problem remaining is the "You're not that man/woman I thought you were." lines from Bastila/Carth, respectively. I might need to do some clever sound editing to fix that. Stupid voiced dialogue. :snear:
 Allronix
07-01-2006, 11:56 AM
Thanks for the info. The "interrogation" was a favorite of mine to edit. (Mostly because I was able to get some snark in between Onasi and Karath).
Page: 1 of 1