Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

modding help

Page: 1 of 1
 nuttyuu
06-20-2006, 11:31 PM
i have read the tuts and all that but i dont understand how to redo the models much less use the program
 RedHawke
06-20-2006, 11:58 PM
I'm sorry but the Taris Uper City Emporioum is for modders to post their released mods in... modding questions belong in Holowan Labs... moving.
 ChAiNz.2da
06-21-2006, 7:37 AM
i have read the tuts and all that but i dont understand how to redo the models much less use the program
Which program.. MAX or MDLops? If it's MAX, this program, by far has the best help function I've seen in a program. Lots of tips and screenshots to guide you through some of it's features and functions.

It'll take some time to learn it, but by following the help guides and even doing their mini-tutorial can help bunches..

MDLops also has some good step-by-step instructions in it's readme file... very useful for preparing your model for import/export within MAX...

Out of curiosity, and a better understanding of how we can possibly help, what exactly are you wanting to "redo"? A custom saber/blaster/weapon or diving into more touchy subjects such as placeable and/or body modeling?

Welcome to the Forums! :waive1:
 nuttyuu
06-22-2006, 2:09 AM
i wanna create my own hilts for sabers
 ChAiNz.2da
06-23-2006, 4:33 AM
i wanna create my own hilts for sabers
Noble goals.. but it'll take a liitle work. Once you get it down though, you'll never be satisfied with silver tubes again :xp: hehehe...

I know you've said you read the tutorials, but the ones we have are so in-depth it's really hard to go beyond what's already been given...

Your hardest obstacle is learning MAX.. and the tutorials and help features are really the only way that's going to help. Take small steps and I really urge anyone to do MAX's tutorial.. it might not be working on your mod, but you'll be glad you did it to familiarize yourself with MAX's functions...

Once you're reasonably comfortable with getting around in MAX, follow T7's A-Z guide of modeling a new saber found here:

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=143805)

To get a better understanding of making your saber 'custom', use Achilles' Handy Tutorials found here:

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=143456)

AND, finally, to better grasp making a saber upgradeable, follow Maverick187's advice here:

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=143991)

Keep in mind that some of the tutorials were made during KotOR's beginnings, so while the naming scheme of the files may have changed, the underlying structure and theory still applies... you just need to simply use TSL's "versions" of the filenames rather than KotOR's.. (if you want to model TSL sabers)

If you have any questions as to which of those files "versions" to use, just let us know and one of us many Holowan'ers will hopefully step in and help you out :D
Page: 1 of 1