Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

All Multiplayer Games-`Connection Interrupted`?

Page: 1 of 1
 sinful)va(
06-20-2006, 6:06 PM
hey, got JKA in mail the other day and singleplayers fine but everytime i try to join a multiplayer server both with and without jka+ mod, this is what happens- i log in, everything loads, i get into game with profile screen with all the portraits and 5 seconds later i get a "connection interrupted" message. this happens to every server i join. please help!
 Tinny
06-20-2006, 8:31 PM
Did you patch it up to 1.01?
 sinful)va(
06-21-2006, 1:48 AM
yeah DL'd it from jk3files. said that it was already up to date and that i didn't need to.
 sinful)va(
06-21-2006, 1:17 PM
bump
 ensiform
06-21-2006, 3:04 PM
are your discs legit? and are you using any no-cd or mount image software?
 sinful)va(
06-21-2006, 5:56 PM
yeah my discs are both legit, i bought them off target.com. and no not using any of those software.
 •-BLaCKouT-•
06-22-2006, 3:53 PM
hmm, have you set your firewall to allow the game proper in/out access?

B.
 axel364
06-22-2006, 9:12 PM
What is the game's version ? Type /version in the console. If it's 1.0.0.0, do the following :
If the update said JK was already up to date, go to Start, Run, type regedit,

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/LUCASARTS/STAR WARS JEDI KNIGHT JEDI ACADEMY/1.0

And remove the "Magic" key.
 sinful)va(
06-23-2006, 2:18 AM
my firewall is fine. i both turned it off then tried -still didn't work- and after that i made jka an exception just to be sure. how do i get into the game console? where do i hit `? i can't do it ingame cause i can't actually get into a multiplayer game without getting the "connection interrupted" message.
 Ahiru
06-23-2006, 4:01 AM
I have problems with this as well. I find it strange because some friends of mine had their multiplayer part of the game working fine but I find my connection goes funny even when I try to play in a lan. It'll come up with the server list and everything but then when I try to go into one I get an error message and get sent straight back to the main page
 sinful)va(
06-26-2006, 12:02 PM
good to know that someone else is having a similar problem. if you find out a way to fix it plz tell me.

which console do i type in the /version in?
 Tinny
06-26-2006, 2:55 PM
In the menus, anywhere press these buttons (shift + tilde button [~ button to the left of the 1 button on the keyboard]). A console should come down, then type /version.
Page: 1 of 1