Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Getting the Finding Dustil quest to start

Page: 1 of 1
 Clone L68362
06-16-2006, 10:55 PM
Ok, I want to do the Dustil quest, and I've talked to Carth about everything you can, and the "Carth" quest in complete, but no matter where I go that Jordo guy won't come and tell me about Dustil. I'm wondering if there's anything specific to do or if it won't start because I have the Carth quest done. Anyone know?
 RedHawke
06-17-2006, 12:09 AM
Have you completed Korriban yet? If so I don't believe you will get the quest.

I usually get Bastila's, Carth's, Mission's, and Canderous' personal quests before leaving Dantooine, I just enter and leave the Ebon Hawk a few times. ;)
 Shem
06-17-2006, 12:34 AM
I usually get Bastila's, Carth's, and Mission's personal quests before leaving Dantooine, I just enter and leave the Ebon Hawk a few times. ;)Really? For some reason in all my games, Carth's won't trigger until after the 1st Star Map after you leave Dantooine. Doesn't even matter if I'm male or female.

I can get Bastila's, Mission's, and Canderous' personal mission before I leave Dantooine, but not Carth's.

I just enter and leave the Ebon Hawk a few times.What works for me is to save the game on the Ebon Hawk and then reload it. Saves trips in and out of the Ebon Hawk. Try it sometime. :D
 RedHawke
06-17-2006, 1:09 AM
What works for me is to save the game on the Ebon Hawk and then reload it. Saves trips in and out of the Ebon Hawk. Try it sometime. :D
Uh? That would erase the quest you just got... so no that wouldn't work for me.

I usually get the conversations built up to the correct points as I do Dantooine, so when I go to leave after getting the Main Quest, I simply enter and exit and get the four of them in a row one after the other... it is almost like clockwork for me.

I just leave the Hawk with them one at a time. ;)

Sometimes Canderous can be a little sticky and Jagi doesn't show up until I go to my first planet after Dantooine.
 dmoney101
06-17-2006, 1:19 AM
i've actually never completed any character's personal quest, except the one about Griff, Mission's brother.
 RedHawke
06-17-2006, 1:32 AM
i've actually never completed any character's personal quest, except the one about Griff, Mission's brother.
You are missing out on quite a bit of the game... at least concerning your NPC's and their stories.
 dmoney101
06-17-2006, 1:44 AM
now I'm definately gonna replay it for the 300th time
 Clone L68362
06-17-2006, 2:41 AM
Well, I'm thinking it's something to do with the main Carth quest. Since it says "You and Carth have nothing to talk about, for the moment," though, I still think the quest should start, but nothing happens. It's driving me crazy. I hope they improve things like this for the next game...
 Shem
06-17-2006, 5:58 AM
Uh? That would erase the quest you just got... so no that wouldn't work for me.Erase? Maybe you're misunderstanding me because I've never had that problem.

You know how you have to be a at certain conversation point with your party member to get their side quest? Let's say you're three conversations away with Bastila to getting that point. You get on the Ebon Hawk to trigger the next one instead of waiting to level up. You can have the next conversation, hit save, reload, do the next one, and do that next step one last time and then leave the Ebon Hawk, and Malare shows up to tell Bastila about what's going on with Helena.

I usually get the conversations built up to the correct points as I do Dantooine, so when I go to leave after getting the Main Quest, I simply enter and exit and get the four of them in a row one after the other... it is almost like clockwork for me.Well in that case, that would work. I can spawn Mission's side quest before I even train as a Jedi. With Mission, all you have to do is be off Taris. And I end up spawning Canderous' after I become a Jedi and I’m leveled up from 2 to my current one. In that time, I can have all the conversations I need to able to spawn Jagi.

Sometimes Canderous can be a little sticky and Jagi doesn't show up until I go to my first planet after Dantooine.When that happens, try going into the merchant corner near the Ebon Hawk with those two Twi’leks. I've had that happen and when it's sticky, just go into there and you'll find Jagi just standing in there. Just click on him and your PC will be moved to the front of the Hawk, and then Jagi approaches you. One thing I learned with any of the side quests, when it gets sticky, in any module, they’re around there somewhere, and all you have to do is look to find ‘em.
 RedHawke
06-17-2006, 6:12 AM
Erase? Maybe you're misunderstanding me because I've never had that problem.
You are likely misunderstanding me here, as I was not addressing conversation progression, but the actual spawning of the messengers. ;)
 Shem
06-17-2006, 6:32 AM
You are likely misunderstanding me here, as I was not addressing conversation progression, but the actual spawning of the messengers. ;)Really? I've never had that problem. Before I developed some of my current tricks, I could get them to spawn one after another. It could be an issue of 'em being stuck like you said with Jagi. In that case, just check the merchant area. Jagi isn't the only one that has gotten stuck before. Again, it could be the way you are doing it that triggers some bug that I've never done before if they're getting erased. I never knew about that bug. :D

As with Mission, one thing you can try that is cool is when Carth gives you the message to meet the Jedi Council (and you have the option to talk about having a rough night) just before you go to your Jedi training, put Mission in your party and talk to her real quick about Lena (after you talk to her real quick about the destruction of Taris), and then walk in front of the Hawk and Lena shows up.

If you time it right, you can have Lena walk by you while you're doing your Jedi training.
 Lantzen
06-17-2006, 11:30 AM
Shem do you have any idea how many time you have played the game? I mean, the thing with Lena walking pass you at the training
 Shem
06-17-2006, 1:45 PM
Shem do you have any idea how many time you have played the game? I mean, the thing with Lena walking pass you at the trainingI've beaten KOTOR around 50 times. I've also beaten TSL around 30 times.
 igyman
06-17-2006, 2:04 PM
I've beaten KOTOR around 50 times. I've also beaten TSL around 30 times.
No comment.

As for the Dustil quest, it only activated once for me and I have no idea what I did to get it, except doing Korriban last.
 Clone L68362
06-17-2006, 2:08 PM
Well, I'm going through the Global Booleans part of KSE, and I found a section with things like K_MESS_BASTILA, K_MESS_CANDEROUS, and other party members, and every party member with a 1 next to their name has had their messenger come to me, and Carth has a 0. So, does anyone know what would happen should I change this to a 1?
 Lantzen
06-17-2006, 3:22 PM
Make a new save and try
 Clone L68362
06-17-2006, 5:10 PM
Ok, not only will the Dustil quest not start, but that Twi'lek guy who knows you're Revan, and tells you about that merchant on Korriban with the powerful items won't come either. This is making me mad.
 Shem
06-17-2006, 6:21 PM
Ok, not only will the Dustil quest not start, but that Twi'lek guy who knows you're Revan, and tells you about that merchant on Korriban with the powerful items won't come either. This is making me mad.You can't get Jordo to approach Carth about Dustil on Korriban. You have to do it either on Kashyyyk, Manaan, Tatooine, or Dantooine. If you had the Wookiee rebellion already, you can't do it on Kashyyyk anymore.
 PoiuyWired
06-17-2006, 6:41 PM
Think you need to finish most of that character's conversation, have the character in the party, and the quest shows just when you walk out of EH when there is no other pre-scripted event.

Yes, entering and leaving EH multiple times definitely help.
 DarthVandar205
06-17-2006, 8:45 PM
You should get Jordo to come up to Carth anytime you exit the Ebon Hawk after you have the conversation with him about his wife and son. If you did Koriban already then you wont get the quest because Dustil isnt there anymore. Best thing ive done is take Carth with you to either Tatooine or Kashyyk and Jordo should appear.
 Clone L68362
06-17-2006, 10:05 PM
Well, I'm convinced something is wrong with the game, because he won't come no matter what. And neither will the Ziorgram guy or whatever he's called. I guess Jordo won't appear because I completed Carth's quest already. As for the other guy...what is wrong with my game, sheesh.
 RedHawke
06-18-2006, 12:40 AM
Really? I've never had that problem. Before I developed some of my current tricks, I could get them to spawn one after another. It could be an issue of 'em being stuck like you said with Jagi. In that case, just check the merchant area. Jagi isn't the only one that has gotten stuck before. Again, it could be the way you are doing it that triggers some bug that I've never done before if they're getting erased. I never knew about that bug. :D
I get them to spawn one after the other as well, after so many playthroughs I have Dantooine down to a science. :) But yes Jagi sometimes doesn't spawn at all on Dantooine, and he does spawn once you get to your first planet, I have found it happens more on DS oriented playthroughs, but it still occurs only rarely, and it is only a minor inconvienience. ;)
 Clone L68362
06-18-2006, 12:56 AM
I'm considering unorthodox methods of getting this to work, because I want to do every quest in the game if I can. I could try looking around in KOTOR Tool, and try to find a file for Jordo and look at scripting maybe, or try and figure out what the Globals in KSE mean, but I could use some advice from those that are more experienced with both...
 Shem
06-18-2006, 4:30 PM
I'm considering unorthodox methods of getting this to work, because I want to do every quest in the game if I can. I could try looking around in KOTOR Tool, and try to find a file for Jordo and look at scripting maybe, or try and figure out what the Globals in KSE mean, but I could use some advice from those that are more experienced with both...Here is another thing to keep in mind. If you have already been captured by the Leviathan, you can't trigger Jorgo to tell Carth about Dustil, which means you can't get the Dustil side quest.

If you really want the quest, make sure it triggers before you get captured by the Leviathan. Carth needs to talk about his son Dustil and talk about how he doesn't know what happened to him. Then you can get Jorgo to approach you (with Carth in your party of course ;)). Again, make sure you are not on Korriban so you can trigger Jorgo.
 Arбtoeldar
06-20-2006, 12:20 AM
Ok, I am wrong in thinking that it is level or star map dependent in what triggers the messenger like in another Bioware game. So what does actually trigger the messenger for all the NPC sidequests?:confused:
 Clone L68362
06-23-2006, 1:59 AM
Oh, great I started a new game and got Jordo to appear, so I'm in the same situation as before with all the party members side quests done, except this time Jagi won't appear. I guess it's the same with Jordo; if I've done the Leviathan, he won't appear anymore? Not only will I not see Jagi but I can't get any more coversations with Canderous.
 Shem
06-23-2006, 2:43 AM
Oh, great I started a new game and got Jordo to appear, so I'm in the same situation as before with all the party members side quests done, except this time Jagi won't appear. I guess it's the same with Jordo; if I've done the Leviathan, he won't appear anymore? Not only will I not see Jagi but I can't get any more coversations with Canderous.Sometimes the NPC messenger is hiding in the module. Like on Dantooine, if Jagi isn't triggering, go into the merchant area (with the Twi'leks) and he'll be in there. On Korriban, he'll be in the hallway that is slanting down as you enter Dreshae. I've never lost anyone on Tatooine, Kashyyyk, or Manaan yet, so I don't know exactly where any of the messengers would be hiding if it happens there.
 Clone L68362
06-23-2006, 3:03 AM
Well, I checked Korriban, the only other planet I haven't been to, and jagi still didn't appear. I'm willing to deal with it and finish the game, but there's still the other guy that tells you about the Korriban merchant. If he doesn't show up...well, I'll be unhappy. Any ideas why he won't appear?
 Shem
06-23-2006, 3:31 PM
but there's still the other guy that tells you about the Korriban merchant. If he doesn't show up...well, I'll be unhappy. Any ideas why he won't appear?If you did Juhani's side quest with Xor, he won't appear. This is a bug in both the XBox and the PC. It's always best to wait till you get to Korriban, get the green twi'lek male messenger about the merchant with special items, and then trigger Juhani's side quest after that.
 Clone L68362
06-24-2006, 3:39 AM
Oh great. Now I have no motivation left at all to finish this game. I don't want to cheat for the items I need, heck, I don't even remember what items he had. And I am NOT starting up a third game. Oh well, I killed some time playing through both of these games, even if I didn't finish either one. I can always find something else to do...
 Lantzen
06-24-2006, 9:36 AM
The things that merchant have isnt worth the money, just go to Yavin. And did you not complete the game just for you didnt get the merchant?
 Shem
06-25-2006, 1:16 AM
Oh great. Now I have no motivation left at all to finish this game. I don't want to cheat for the items I needWhy is that such a big deal? So you typed in the cheat code to get the item you need. In this case you would have gotten it if wasn't for that darn bug. Just look at it this way, "The Game Owes You!"

That's right, they owe you those items since it's their fault for putting in that bug. They owe you the Dominator Gauntlets, Adrenaline Stimulator, Cardio Power System, Gordulan Reaction System, Navadarn Regenerator, Interface Visor, Stabilizer Mask, Vibration Cell, Durasteel Bonding Alloy, Entergy Porjector, Improved Energy Cell, Scope, Beam Splitter, Hair Trigger, Mesh Underlay, Armor Reinforcement, 10 Termal Detonators, 10 Verpine Prototype Shields, 4 different Pazaak Cards, 10 Life Support Packs, Verpine Fiber Mesh, Bondadan Alloy Heavy Suit, and a Jergan Kalta's Power Suit.

In fact since they screwed you with a bug, I think you should get those items for free to call it even for screwing you over. Especially since you'll have to either type them in, or get the Save Game Editor to get them and it will take some extra time to get them. So to call it even, you should be able to keep them for free! :D

Sometimes I find it amazing that people will download mods that give them certain items at certain points, but heaven forbid they type in the item. ;)
 RedHawke
06-25-2006, 1:23 AM
^^^^
Shem FTW! Best argument for cheat codes ever! :D
 Clone L68362
06-25-2006, 1:41 AM
Sometimes I find it amazing that people will download mods that give them certain items at certain points, but heaven forbid they type in the item.

Well, I wasn't really using any mods that gave you powerful items...doesn't matter anyway, I deleted my saved games. Maybe it seems silly to you, but if I have to fix the game myself in order to get as much fun out of it I can, and there will still be some problems, it's not worth it.
Page: 1 of 1