Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Empire At War on Vista?

Page: 1 of 1
 Sithman1138
06-15-2006, 12:37 PM
I installed Vista Beta 2 and i have all my stuff. I haven't tried it out yet, but does EAW have compatibility issues or not with Vista? And if there are, what can I do to fix it? Sim City 4 has some problems and Civ 4 is a little slow. And will the next patch fix problems if there are any on Vista? Thanks.
 DarthMaulUK
06-19-2006, 3:33 AM
Because you are trying out the beta, its hard to know what issues there are. And, something to remember - there is no tech support for Vista at this time - so any problems you have, must be reported back to Microsoft.

I'm not sure if EaW was tested on Vista but I can find out.

DMUK
 popcorn2008
06-20-2006, 9:40 PM
Just installed the Beta myself as well, so far it's going great for me. Make sure to right click on your EaW shortcut and set the compatibility to "Windows XP (Service Pack 2)" to ensure compliance. Best to do that with all programs not made for Vista, which at this point is mostly everything.
 DarthMaulUK
06-21-2006, 4:29 AM
Empire at war will work fine with Vista. Having spoken with Mike last night, theres nothing special in terms of any technology so all is good. However, they did say that they will be testing it on Vista shortly and if its needs a patch, it will be patched.

The good news is as well, that they are extremely keen to use the technology Vista brings to the gaming world....cant wait for that!

DMUK
 dashrender
06-24-2006, 7:12 PM
I'm glad to hear that other people are able to get EaW to work on Vista because I can not.

I have set the shortcut to compatiblity mode and EaW is still complaining about Directx 9 not being installed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

By the way, did you guys just install DX9 from the CD?
 popcorn2008
06-24-2006, 9:26 PM
Yeah just go ahead and install Direct X from the CD. If you cant find it on there or get it to work you can dowload it here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=2DA43D38-DB71-4C1B-BC6A-9B6652CD92A3&displaylang=en)
 Sithman1138
06-25-2006, 3:13 PM
Thanks for the help guys.
 dashrender
06-25-2006, 3:46 PM
I have installed the Directx that was included on the CD, now the machine locks up with a checkboard pattern on it. I have reset my machine in order to continue using it.

Did you guys install dx9 from the CD or from Microsoft.com?
 Fineri
07-16-2006, 5:06 AM
Hey Guys,
I been testing out Vista and had the same issue with EAW (http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=556892&p=1).

I didn't want to install DirectX 9 over DirectX 10 as DirectX 10 is much faster than DirectX 9 and usually games will perform much better with DX10. Most of the time, when a call for DX9 is made, DX10 will answer it.

Unfortunately in this case, I could get EAW running either. However, there is a way to fix it without getting rid of DirectX 10 and compromising performance in other games.

What you need to do is download d3dx9_27.dll from http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?d3dx9_27) and stick it in your EAW directory. This normally gets it running :)

Hope that helps!
 wsimmons6169
12-08-2009, 12:39 PM
I keep getting Error: -5004. What does this mean? How can I fix it? It won't let me install...
Page: 1 of 1