Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Enter the Matrix, Recruitment.

Page: 1 of 1
 Xbx_Inthusiast
06-15-2006, 12:25 AM
The reality that forms the lives of millions of human beings is not real. The world that seems real to most people is in fact a computer-generated simulation, but almost no one knows it. In reality human beings are floating in liquid in machine pods, with tubes connected to them in a grotesque post-apocalyptic world where the sun is blotted out. To the average person, of course, it seems to be the ordinary world of 2006. Although some details of the history remain untold. There was a battle between human beings and machines whose cognitive capacity had surpassed their own.

In a desperate attempt to win, human beings blocked out the sun's light in order to deprive the machines of their power source. Despite this extreme tactic, the humans lost, were enslaved, and are now farmed to supply energy sources for the machines. The machines induce the appearance of ordinary 2006 life in the human beings with a computer generated "virtual community" for the purpose of keeping them docile and asleep so that they and their offspring can be used like living batteries.

While humans seem to walk around in an ordinary life, their minds are radically deceived and their bodies are exploited. The heroes are thus thrown into fighting a noble battle for the liberation of the human species, and defending the real world from being destroyed by 'Agents'.

Alright, this is a 'The Matrix' role-play. I'm sure that most of you don't like this story, but i've seen worse plot lines :D. I for one, like the series, and thinking starting an RP about it would be beneficial. There are no restrictions, but this isn't along with any of the movie storylines, it will be completely thought up by everyone else in the role-play, although some of the plot may be steered in a certain direction.

You can choose to either be male or female and post-unplugging. I don't want to go though training and such. Here are the character sheets, mine is last.

Name:
Call-sign (Neo,Ghost,Trinity,Keymaker etc...):
Appearance:
Weapons:
Job (on the ship, Nebuchadnezzar):
Bio (Optional, as you probably won't remember much post-unplugging):

Name: Matthew Konnelly
Call-sign: Nano
Appearance: Here (http://www.michaelnelsonmusic.com/Resources/super%20cool%20guy.jpg)
Usually seen with a black leather trenchcoat.
Weapons: (Other than hands)
-Twin M92F 9mm. Beretta
-Katana
Job: Captain
Bio: Unknown, most of it will be revealed in the storyline.
 starmark2k
06-15-2006, 12:48 PM
I like the Matrix so count me in...

Name: Timothy Cleric
Call-sign: Blaze
Appearance: Here (http://www.waposdecine.com/tobeymaguire/tm40g.jpg)
Weapons:

92FS Automatic Pistol *2
MP5 Submachine Gun
R-41 Offensive/Defensive Granade *3

Job: Pilot
Bio: Timothy grew up plugged in but always felt there was somthing wrong with the world. He Entered the world of Hackers in search for answers to questions he didn't understand. He took to Hacking and began to use the Alias 'Blaze' as he used a programme that would 'Burn' all the files on a databace of his choise. He was freed at the age of 14 and taken to Zion where he began training to one day becone a Pilot on a Hovercraft. Now he's on captain Nano's Ship Flying the ship through the tunnels of the real.
 Xbx_Inthusiast
06-15-2006, 1:50 PM
Sweet, I thought no one would like it. The Matrix is a bit of an 'aquired taste'. :D
 steven
06-15-2006, 5:41 PM
Name: David Stevens
Call-sign: Solidus
Appearance:Here (http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/gallery/s2_03gallery/800/doctor11.jpg)
Weapons:
-Walther P99 x3 (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/5e/Walther_P99_9x19mm.JPG/790px-Walther_P99_9x19mm.JPG)
-Uzi x2 (http://www.israeli-weapons.com/weapons/small_arms/uzi/uzi_2.jpg)
Katana
Job: Gunner
Bio: David is a cocky gunner for the _____*. He can't remenber what happened before his unplugging but he his dreams are haunted by this young blond girl. He believes it was his daughter but he's still not sure. David refers to use light weaponary althought he's good with every weapon in the matrix and out expect the sniper rifle.

* whats the name of the ship we're on.
 Xbx_Inthusiast
06-15-2006, 5:51 PM
EDIT:: It'd be a double post if I did this after posting this one so i'll edit instead.

Ship's crew: (They can be overwritten by real people)

Captain: Nano
Operator: Spyke (Male)- n/a
Gunner: Solidus
Driver: Blaze
Crew mate/s: Jorgan (Female), Mirror(Male), and Binary(Female)- n/a

Nebuchadnezzar. It was Morpheus' ship but it was destroyed shortly after saving mankind. Well, this story takes place after the movies so we're flying in a repaired and reinvented Nebuchadnezzar, except that my character's not black and i'll choose one of the characters to be 'The One' (By how they rp :D Won't be me.). :D
 starmark2k
06-16-2006, 2:03 PM
How many more before we start?
 Xbx_Inthusiast
06-16-2006, 5:52 PM
We'll start today, if anyone else wants to join, they can. :D Oh, and check out the new sig and avvy combo :P
 Writer
06-17-2006, 7:16 AM
I'll override 'Binary'

Name: Melissa Barry

Call-sign: Switch

Appearance: Switch (natural) (http://www.colournation.com/uploads/thumbs/2859.jpg)

Weapons:
-2 katana
-1 Glock .40

Job: crew member

Extra Info: Switch earned her nickname when she trained herself to make slight alterations to her own appearance while inside the matrix. These changes are not extreme:
-adding or removing between 1 and 3 inches in height
-adding or removing 10 pounds in weight
-changing hair color and length
-changing eye color
-slightly altering facial structure

Because of this ability, she is good at entering the matrix and gathering information. She's difficult for the machines to track because she makes slight alterations in the coding of her appearance.
Page: 1 of 1