Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

can this be fixed?

Page: 1 of 1
 jedi_exile
06-14-2006, 9:05 PM
i love what you guys are doing with the site, the only problem i see is when looking at post and scrolling down there seems to be ALOT of space the you have to scroll through befor you reach the next, but other then that its great!
 RedHawke
06-14-2006, 10:08 PM
Can you post a pic of the issue?
 Jawa Bobo
06-15-2006, 3:43 AM
Try turning off some of the control panel options (like images/signatures/avatars) to reduce the excess content (empty space is quite often from large avatars)
You have the option to show or hide various elements of messages, which may be of use to users on slow internet connections, or who want to remove extraneous clutter from posts.
Click on "User CP" at the top of the screen, then "Edit Options" on the left hand side menu under "Control Panel" "Settings and Options". The third set of options is "Thread Display Options" and by unchecking "Show Signatures/Avatars/Images" you'll eliminate a lot of the blank space in threads/posts.
 Xbx_Inthusiast
06-15-2006, 5:57 PM
Check your internet options. See if the font size is too big, or your resolution is messed up. Doubtful, but it's an idea.
 Bob Lion54
06-17-2006, 1:15 AM
I believe the part marked in red is what he is talking about.
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y89/Lion54/Issue.jpg)
 RedHawke
06-17-2006, 1:28 AM
Hmm... what browser are you guys using?
 Bob Lion54
06-17-2006, 1:40 AM
Im using Firefox. It never really bothered me though.

Actually, in my above post my sig takes up as much room are the post itself. It dos't do it with IE (I just checked.)
 RedHawke
06-17-2006, 1:47 AM
Have you upgraded Firefox lately?

I was a few versions behind and it was doing all sorts of wierd things to me. ;) I was even getting crashes here at the forum.

I have 1.5.0.4 right now.
 Bob Lion54
06-17-2006, 1:58 AM
Yep. I have auto-update on.

Its probably an option thats checked (or unchecked.) I looked through my options but Im not sure what it could be.

Im not sure why it does it, but it has for as long as I can remember. (And this is through a few different reformats.)

EDIT: I tracked down the problem. Im not sure why its doing it, but when you set a maximum signiture size in your "User CP" it causes the "problem" described.

I just disabled it and the issue is gone. I don't know why I thought of trying that, but my intuition proved correct. (At least for me.)

EDIT2: It DOES do it with IE. When I checked earlier, I did not log in. I checked again, this time logging in with IE, and its the same as with Firefox.
 RedHawke
06-17-2006, 2:42 AM
Yup, you are correct Bob, I just did that, I went into my UserCP and Options set max sig size to 240 and woah!

Space the final frontier! :D

I hope all this helps jedi_exile! ;)
Page: 1 of 1