Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Language

Page: 1 of 1
 Xbx_Inthusiast
06-13-2006, 11:39 AM
No, this isn't a statement or question to ask or tell somebody that they should change the filter, this is a statement, or a rant, about 'IM speak'. I'm an avid role-player here (seeing as 98% of my posts were in the Theatre Company), and off and on I come across someone posting shortcuts to words, such as 'i' for 'I' and 'u' for 'you'. I mean, I know it's faster, but I think it's kind of.. embarrasing or even makes the person that typed it seem a little slow. I think if you're going to leave a post somewhere, whether it be an email or a forum (IM is fine, because that's not permanent), you should leave an impression that you know how to spell.

I'm not saying that people using that 'language' are stupid, or slow in any way.. I'm just stating that people that use it have no regard or even decency to type like everyone else. I'm not even going to get started on 'teh liek 2 kewl 2 typ'. >_>
 Det. Bart Lasiter
06-13-2006, 9:28 PM
;_;

Just don't respond to them. Eventually they'll go away if you don't answer their question. And by eventually I mean like 30 minutes.
 Prime
06-14-2006, 9:40 AM
Indeed. My kingdom for reasonable spelling and grammer on the Internet.

My dream that will nver be realized.
 DarthOxyClean
06-14-2006, 5:08 PM
Heh. Well, many people have AIM, MSN, and stuff like that. They have learned 2 tipe lik dis.

Unlearn what they have learned, they must. :yodac:
Page: 1 of 1