Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Lungfish boss encounter problem

Page: 1 of 1
 VoxDei
06-12-2006, 6:27 PM
(Some small non-plot spoilers, though if you're reading this then I doubt you care)

Hi all

Tearing my hair out a bit here. I'm at the Lungfish boss fight. I can do the bit with the boxes of nails, I can do the whole running-around-in-a-bubble thing, but when I get to the end of that... nothing happens. The bubble gets smaller and smaller until there is quite literally nowhere for me to go, and I get forced into the water.

I get to the rail slide, I go down that OK. I eventually resorted to a walkthrough (http://uk.faqs.ign.com/articles/623/623593p1.html), which I hate doing but hey, and that claims that at that point I should go back to fighting the lungfish and he should start swinging his antennae at me, which I need to trap in the clams. Well, I get his health bar up OK, but he never swings anything at me - it stays in the moving-air-bubble sequence, which as I say just gets progressively (and quickly) smaller until I've got nowhere to go but into the water.

Anyone got any suggestions? I like the game, but this is killing it quickly for me. I'm hesitant to throw the word "bug" around, particularly since I can't see anyone else obviously having this problem, but it does look a little like it to me... :(

EDIT: I should probably specify - PC version 1.04, Win XP, 1GB RAM, nVidia GeForce 5900FX graphics card, although it doesn't look like a hardware problem to me. I have a save game available if anyone wants it particularly, though I don't see any way to attach it on here.
 Jintor
06-12-2006, 8:07 PM
The bubble doesn't move? Woah. Crazy. I have no idea what's going on. If you're in the mining town, with a bunch of clams on the ground, then that's the place. You might need to keep moving, I don't know. If it's not that it sounds like a bug.
 VoxDei
06-12-2006, 8:21 PM
I was afraid of that. Bah. Oh well, time to email the saved game to tech support I guess.

Thanks for confirming that I don't appear to be doing anything wrong Jintor. I'd try and keep going, but there isn't anywhere to go *to*...
 adnaan
11-04-2007, 6:26 AM
I'm having the same problem too. Does anyone know what to do? I can't progress any further. I'm using the latest patch. *Urgent*
 martmeister
11-04-2007, 1:36 PM
reinstall? Load from start of boss fight?
 adnaan
11-05-2007, 10:54 AM
Check and check....but I will try and reinstall one more time. This totally sucks.
 martmeister
11-06-2007, 6:25 PM
<Sigh> Moments in which we PC users wish for an X-Box
 adnaan
11-07-2007, 7:33 AM
Tell me about it...but my 2nd reinstall worked...and now i'm stuck somewhere else...my cobweb duster disapeared!
 martmeister
11-07-2007, 8:26 AM
I'd check my video drivers. Try to use your cobweb duster or a web and see if it still works. If it's just invisible, might be that video issue.
Page: 1 of 1