Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

GIMP Techniques or Downloads?

Page: 1 of 1
 REDJOHNNYMIKE
06-12-2006, 3:48 PM
Do any of you texturing wizards know of any good plugins which add usefull image editing features to GIMP, or any interesting techniques using the basic tools?
 Lit Ridl
06-13-2006, 5:33 AM
May be it will be better to download for you Photoshop and free plugins? You may download free Photoshop CS from ~snip~

EDIT: There is NO such thing as a "free" Photoshop. Yes you can download a trial version, but do not ever link to a peer upload site... ~ ChAiNz.2da
 Inyri
06-13-2006, 3:27 PM
Do any of you texturing wizards know of any good plugins which add usefull image editing features to GIMP, or any interesting techniques using the basic tools?It's hard to give general advice without specific input because there's just so much you can do with a vanilla gimp. Do you have any ideas of techniques you'd like to know/learn?
 Kainzorus Prime
06-13-2006, 4:03 PM
Much tutorials plugins and other tips are at http://www.gimptalk.com/)
 REDJOHNNYMIKE
06-14-2006, 5:14 PM
I've messed around with it for a while, just doing small stuff, but I want to step my game up now. Mainly I'm interested in effects others have found useful in making high quality game textures, and more specifcally, KotOR textures (realistic skin is probably one of my biggest weaknesses).

Thanks for the link Kain, solid gold:D

I do prefer the way photoshop edits alpha channels, but it'd be a waste of time to learn specific skills for a program I can't afford permanently.
 mjpb3
06-14-2006, 7:55 PM
I do prefer the way photoshop edits alpha channels, but it'd be a waste of time to learn specific skills for a program I can't afford permanently.
Maybe you should give Paint Shop Pro (http://www.corel.com/paintshop/) a try. I find it more useful than PS (I have PS 6 - but hardly ever use it). AND PSP handles alpha channels very well. :D
 REDJOHNNYMIKE
06-15-2006, 12:55 AM
I'll give it a try, but the GIMP is what I've got used to using. (even if the name sucks:xp: )`
 Darkkender
06-15-2006, 4:02 PM
I'll give it a try, but the GIMP is what I've got used to using. (even if the name sucks:xp: )`

The name doesn't suck it fits some aspects of the program perfectly and yet I'm an avid user. :p
 Xbx_Inthusiast
06-15-2006, 6:08 PM
Well I found GIMP useless, due to it's low amount of brushes and font selection. Photoshop CS2 is much better, but it's very complex and costs alot of money to boot. I used to play with GIMP before getting PS so I know a little bit, but not alot. If you have small questions, you can ask, but I won't guarantee a correct answer :D.
Page: 1 of 1