Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

i AM using original disc!

Page: 1 of 1
 RellikRats
06-12-2006, 12:18 AM
I just bought and installed this game. I saw only one other thread on this topic but no replies. That was a couple months ago.

When I tried to play for the first time, an error message came up and told me to "use the original disc, not a backup."

I AM using the original disc. :lightning

The message forwarded me to securom which told me to check my DMA settings. They were correct, so I have no solution.

Anyone else have this problem and a quick fix? Thanks.
 DarthMaulUK
06-12-2006, 1:54 AM
If you have used (and in the past) any virtual drives - ie Daemon tools , this will create problems. You need to turn this off and also when installing the game.

It might be an idea to re-install the game, turning off any anti-virus software as well.

DMUK
 RellikRats
06-12-2006, 3:59 AM
Hmmm... New machine. I haven't used any virtual drives that *I* know of, but my savvy is pretty low. :wavey:

I'll try to reinstall. One thought: When I was installing, it asked me if it could access the internet, or somesuch. You think the AV software could still be the problem though?

Oh, and thanks so much for your response.
 DarthMaulUK
06-12-2006, 6:30 AM
If its a new machine, you might have Nero or something like that (CD/DVD burning tools) and these will need to be switched off. Also, if your PC is new, make sure that everything else is updated - drivers etc. Although it might be new, these things are always out of date

DMUK
 RellikRats
06-12-2006, 10:32 AM
Okay, then, I'll do all of the above. Thanks again.
 RellikRats
06-14-2006, 7:01 PM
Dude, everything is loverly.

Thank you again. You're quite helpful for a dark red evil dude.
Page: 1 of 1