Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

map editor problems

Page: 1 of 1
 noodle6
06-11-2006, 6:14 AM
Hiya
its taken me a while to get hte map editor working, i kept getting exception errors and other problems but i finally got it working.

except now when i start it the screen where you make the map is pitch black at the bottom of the screen it is all brown and pixelated.

whenever i try to add a texture nothing happens the map just stays black.
i had this problem with teh game but fixed it by lowering the graphics settings.
any ideas how i can fix this?
thanx in advance

EDIT: my map editor walkthrough document doesnt work either
it says cannot find 'null' whenever i start it adn tells me to search for it.
when i searched for it nothing much came up
 DarthMaulUK
06-12-2006, 1:52 AM
It might be a case of having to re-install. Also, if you had any Mods installed prior, this could cause problems with the original game.

Also, the map editor is extremely demanding on system resources - so try to switch everything off in the background that you dont need.

DMUK
 noodle6
06-12-2006, 6:17 AM
ive never used any mods
and i tried uninstalling and reinstalling and also repairing and i still have hte same problem.
the top part of the screen is black and bottom is fuzzy
 DarthMaulUK
06-12-2006, 6:28 AM
There is a good chance that your system might not be able to run the map editor. As i said, its demanding on your system resources. Normally, if graphics are black or very heavily pixelated, its a driver/graphic card issue.

You can try updating your graphic card drivers again and see what happens.

DMUK
Page: 1 of 1