Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Can anyone tell me what character levels are covered by the "loot script"?

Page: 1 of 1
 Joe89
06-08-2006, 4:51 AM
I was told by a creditable source that there is a script that determines what loot you get as you progress through the game. I was also told that it defaults into a sort of safe made once you pass a certain level, so you get nothing but medpacks and such for the rest of the game because it doesn't know what to give you. Can anyone tell me the max level covered by the "loot script," so I pretty much know how high I can get? Thanks in advance.
 stoffe
06-08-2006, 6:03 AM
I was told by a creditable source that there is a script that determines what loot you get as you progress through the game. I was also told that it defaults into a sort of safe made once you pass a certain level, so you get nothing but medpacks and such for the rest of the game because it doesn't know what to give you. Can anyone tell me the max level covered by the "loot script," so I pretty much know how high I can get?

The random loot system is implemented through scripting, and is made up of a large number of scripts attached to containers, shops and NPCs in the game. Most of the logic is found in the k_inc_treas_k2.nss include file though.

I've never noticed that it would spawn nothing at all constantly, but then the highest any of my characters have gone is level 35 or so. However, when you reach a certain character level (28+) there is a chance that nothing will be spawned instead of a "rare" item.

See this post (http://www.lucasforums.com/showpost.php?p=1894793&postcount=8), it explains a bit about how the Random Loot system is set to and determines what to spawn.
 Joe89
06-08-2006, 7:04 AM
Awesome! That is EXACTLY the information I needed! Thanks a bunch!
Page: 1 of 1