Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Pixar's Cars

Page: 1 of 1
 Dr Edison 007
06-07-2006, 7:20 PM
I heard on here that Purcell had some involvement with it, but when I check on imdb it doesnt mention anything nor does anywhere else on the internet. So what was Steve's input, if any, in the production of Cars?
 Jake
06-08-2006, 7:08 PM
As far as I know, Steve Purcell did story development, storyboarding, and other concept work on the film. You can see what looks like some of his art in the storyboard stills/concept work that's been released. For instance this sketch (http://www.imdb.com/gallery/ss/0317219/Ss/0317219/1.jpg?path=gallery&path_key=0317219) looks pretty Purcell (check out the Route 66 sign). I also predict we'll be seeing him mentioned on the Cars DVD special features in some capacity. I hope so at least.
 Bill^2
06-10-2006, 11:28 PM
I also predict we'll be seeing him mentioned on the Cars DVD special features in some capacity. I hope so at least.

He's appeared in a speaking role in at least one of the video podcasts available on ITMS for Cars, the one about the Route 66 roadie the tech crew took.
Page: 1 of 1