Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Problem when exporting from gmax

Page: 1 of 1
 SReedy85
06-05-2006, 1:13 AM
I have a problem whenever I try to export a model from gmax - runtime error skin need to be selected and in the modifier panal skin:skin I'm not sure what to do, i think I followed the steps right
 svцsh
06-05-2006, 5:59 PM
The hierarchy of the models stack is important. Skin:skin means you have a modifier on the top of of the stack that is not SKIN, to remedy this simply drag whatever it is just below SKIN and try again.

The skin modifier must be on the top of your stack if you have edited the UV mapping at all drag the unwrap UVW modifier between SKIN and your editable mesh

I wrote this on body editing http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=151385) hope it helps.

Step #6 covers this very problem when i came across it.

Good luck

svцsh
 SReedy85
06-05-2006, 7:14 PM
Yeah, you're right - thanks for the help. You're the coolest canadian ever!
 EnderWiggin
06-05-2006, 7:24 PM
Watch out, both Darth333 and T7Nowhere (2 of our Moderators) are from Canada.... Don't say that so blatantly or you might receive a knock at your door in NC! :lol:

_EW_

edit by d333: Prime is part of the Canada team too!!! :D

Edit: Uh-oh... I knew I forgot someone... *runs and hides under a chair...* :)
 SReedy85
06-05-2006, 7:36 PM
Darth333, T7Nowhere and svцsh are the coolest canadians!
Page: 1 of 1