Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

need help!

Page: 1 of 1
 darthbryce
05-30-2006, 8:38 PM
how do i open an area in kotor tool? i downloaded the ebon hawk interior map and extracted the one from the game to the same folder but i still don't know how to open the module in the module editor.
 darthbryce
05-30-2006, 10:00 PM
nevermind i figured it out but now i don't know how to get my edited map in game. can anyone help me?
 SithLordStriker
05-31-2006, 12:09 AM
Did you go to your maps folder and double click on your map file? Or did you open in from the KotOR Tool main screen under file? Sometimes they won't load for "buggy" reasons.
:duel:
:wstupid: :blaze6:

If your trying to put the map in the game, you must put in in your game directory, under maps.
 Lit Ridl
05-31-2006, 4:03 AM
As example I will use Ebon Hawk interior.

To open map in Kotor Tool you need to select 001EBO (not 001EBO_S!!!) click on "Extract for module editing", choose what you need, extract in any folder you want.

Agree with windows that will appear.

Now extract (just extract) 001EBO_S to the same folder if you want (It is not necessarily a lot but if you will not extract it when you will click in editor for example at 3C-FD you will have error, so if you want to make absolutely new mod extract only 001EBO).

Now click on "Tools" and select "Open Module Editor". In window you have just opened select "File" and "Open Module Project..." choose folder where you have extracted module (001EBO and if you want 001EBO_S).

Now edit module as you want.

To create module file press F5 or "File\Build Mod File..." type name of your module (Example: ebon_hawk) and save it to your KOTOR directory\modules.

Now open your KOTOR directory\modules and check your mod file if it has not extension .mod (Example: ebon_hawk) rename it (Example: ebon_hawk.mod) now you can open in your game!!!

Thanks for question. If you want i can make Module Editor tutorial for you.
 lord ignarn
05-31-2006, 1:37 PM
Not only for darthbryce, but some more people will be very happy and grateful if you do that tutorial. Of course, I will be grateful also.
 darthbryce
06-11-2006, 4:37 PM
yeah, i would apreciate a tutorial. I wasn't clear enough in my 2md post i meant to say when i can't compile my edited map into a mod file. it freezes about 75% through. I only did minor changes to the telos cantina like adding an encounter with a gamorian. does anyone know how to fix this?
Page: 1 of 1