Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

A required security module can not be activated

Page: 1 of 1
 NacNud
05-23-2006, 8:21 PM
When i first purchased my legal copy of SW:EAW I received this error and sent a file to secure rom as suggested in the sticky to which I NEVER received a reply. I was finally able to get the game to work using my legal CD and cure-rom. I haven't played SW:EAW recently but with certain mods on the horizon I downloaded the 1.4 patch in anticipation of when they come out. When I then tried to launch the game i once again got the "A required security module can not be activated" error and nothing i try seems to be able to get it to work. I have once again sent off a email to secure rom but since I never received a reply from the first message, I’m not hopeful. Therefore any help on how to solve this problem, so i can play a game that I paid decent money for, would be greatly appreciated.
 DarthMaulUK
05-24-2006, 10:17 AM
You need to make sure that any virtual drives, any Daemon tools etc are switched off or uninstalled. Zone alarm and anti virus software also creates problems during install.

DMUK
Page: 1 of 1