Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

AOD Recruiting server review

Page: 1 of 1
 :bigemt
05-22-2006, 2:01 AM
This server uses DC Mod (Like the newbs they are) and is saber only no force.

AOD enforces "laming rules" but are not fanatical about it like some servers and also are very fair in the enforcement. They hold their members to the same stupid RPG rules as everyone else. Fighting is not permitted outside of FFA Private Duels. ZzzZZzzz. After a few saber duels and standing around for awhile I finally got so bored that I left. I rejoined a few days later and decided to join their clan to complete this review. Their rules for members are pretty insane. You have to go through this big process when you finally get let in where the person has a doc they have to follow. You have to use or download xfire, and you must log into ventrillo with a certain tag. If the tag is even one small bit wrong they force you to change it. Furthermore, clan members MUST be on ventrillo anytime they are on the server.

1-5 stars
-------------
Skill Level - The fact that they only thing they work on getting good at also happens to be the easiest thing in the whole game makes them newbies. The sad truth is that they aren't even very good at that either. Score - *

Fun - If you like standing around for hours with the occasional slow paced saber duel, you'll love it. Score - *

RPG Level - These guys are total RPG. Their ranks are stuff like "Jedi Council" and what not. I think that the higher ranks boss the lower ranks around. I think the leader pretends to be yoda. You have to bow before duels, and you're not allowed to kill someone if they are knocked down because it violates their RPG jedi honor code
Score - *****

Server Speed - Server seems top rate
Score - *****

Settings - They use one of those mad buggy newb mods. DC mod is a joke. It was made by some complete newbie. The setting changes are hilarious. This server removes fall damage (LoL) and makes the regen 0.
Score - *

Competition Viability - These guys dont want competition. Looking at their forums they've been around for years and had a total of 3 matches.
Score - *
 Bloodrein
05-30-2006, 9:52 PM
ya know what, i think you are the Noob here.I am from -=SK=- and ive been on that many times and guess what, its a whole lot better than any other server ive seen. are you the type of noob that loves to lame then? because i guarantee any half minded fool hates lamers. how would you like it if you're sitting there and all of a sudden you are killed by a noob lamer? i hate it and so do most people. as for your fun rating, your an indiot. just the other day they had an FFA in the streets, and they have alot of special events during the week. they're members are really cool and treat you with respect. now for that Ventrilo thing. if you're in an actual state of the art clan then requires Ventrilo, why not just do it? you can talk to the guys if you need help and if they wanna let you know somethin, it really comes in handy when you can tell them right then and there. and your tag issue is preposterous. if you are in a clan, youre going to want to represent it the best you can. having the wrong tags on makes a clan seem noobish like there is no order. you wanna talk about skill challenge Dante or Valc. most the time i visit the AOD server, i see Dante in there and he will kill anyone. and dont think im a noob, im actually good at both jk2 and jka. the clan is more fair than ever. they dont let you in on talent, because that is very unfair. if you just started playing and get rejected for skill, it can really get you down and make you stop playing. How are you going to say that DC mod is newbish! the damages are very good and who wants fall damage, it does no good. force regen at 0 also means taht you can move around and optimize your playing field. and for your competition score. they have had many, and i mean many competitions with other clans. ive seen them fight before. they win most the matches they are in.three matches my a**. for my final statement id like to refer to how long AOD has been around......8 years! thats right, 8 years! they have a total of around 900 members from 12 different games! tell me with that status that AOD is noob. i bet you tried for AOD didnt you. you didnt get in because you are most likely a lamer noob AOD wanabe. and btw..
-=SK=- for life!
 JaX`
05-30-2006, 11:35 PM
lamer noob wanabe? who is this guy =\
 pedo
05-30-2006, 11:39 PM
u wanna teach me ENG grammar? xD
 :bigemt
05-31-2006, 1:51 AM
rofl what a dork
 Good Sir Knight
05-31-2006, 2:04 PM
Hey JaX... do you guys pick on :bigemt?
 JaX`
05-31-2006, 7:32 PM
I don't really know him. Aside from the wit I'd say he's pretty dead on when he's serious.
 El Sitherino
05-31-2006, 11:54 PM
So help me I will rip out some hearts and sacrifice them to Khali-Ma like this **** was Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom.
Page: 1 of 1