Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

More than 4 players? Pc version.

Page: 1 of 1
 Darth_Drexx
05-21-2006, 2:01 PM
Hello, just now bought battlefront 2 and I'm lovin' it so far. Just one question. How can I set my server to have more than a 4 player max limit? Thats as far as the slider lets me go. Does it have to be dedicated to do this?

Thanks,
Drexx
 taclled
05-21-2006, 6:26 PM
you have to change the option under multiplayer options that has a bunch of different things like 3mb or 1mb and stuff ithink it is the first option from the top in multiplayer options
 Darth_Drexx
05-21-2006, 6:49 PM
you have to change the option under multiplayer options that has a bunch of different things like 3mb or 1mb and stuff ithink it is the first option from the top in multiplayer options

If I choose LAN I can have over 4 players, but when it's on "internet" I only have 4 players max. ??? Whats up with that? I didnt see anything like 3 or 1mb.
 taclled
05-21-2006, 11:42 PM
go to the where the normal options and controls are go to multiplayer tab and it should be the top option
 Darth_Drexx
05-24-2006, 1:42 AM
go to the where the normal options and controls are go to multiplayer tab and it should be the top option

Hmm, this is strange then. I dont have that option anywhere under any tab. It really sucks because I'd like to host a game with about 8 friends of mine, but it just wont let me choose more than 4 players max. =( I'm not running any server program btw, just the plain patched vanilla version of swbf2.
 derheis
05-26-2006, 8:50 PM
The only way to get more than 4 people is have enough bandwidth (your upload rate) to host the game. Unless you have a good upload rate like 1mb or so, hosting 8 players in a server may be hard to do.
 Darth_Drexx
05-27-2006, 9:20 PM
The only way to get more than 4 people is have enough bandwidth (your upload rate) to host the game. Unless you have a good upload rate like 1mb or so, hosting 8 players in a server may be hard to do.

Ahh I see, thanks. So theres no option to change like taclled was saying?
 taclled
05-28-2006, 5:50 AM
thats the one i was talking about im not too good with instructions sorry
 Darth_Drexx
05-28-2006, 3:51 PM
thats the one i was talking about im not too good with instructions sorry

Np, thanks for your help =)
 taclled
05-28-2006, 5:31 PM
i need to make my self an intruction manual on giving instuctions. lol
 derheis
05-29-2006, 11:28 PM
Ahh I see, thanks. So theres no option to change like taclled was saying?

I believe that if you have enough bandwidth, then it will allow you to change up to the max. If not, then the game will default you at the max players you can hold. I think u can downgrade from 4 players. If it's not where to change it was mentioned, then Im not sure where to look. Sorry.
Page: 1 of 1