Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

I am having serrious problems with EAW, please help me.

Page: 1 of 1
 Latar Garuk
05-19-2006, 9:51 PM
Good day to you all,

I am have serrious problems with EAW as a whole as well as little things in game.

For thoes who are tech savy these are my system specs:

2.2ghz P4
1024 Ram
LG CD/DVD ROM Combo
Nvida Gforce 4200 Ti video card (128mb)
Windows XP Home SP2

When trying to load a game that I have saved previously I will get the Windows "bonk" sound. (sorry for lack of a better term) The sound clip that tells you and error has occured essentially. Then the game freezes and I have to use ctl alt del to get out of the game and then go through the error message process.

This happens quite often and I can not play any of my previous games.

Another small issue is while playing the initial empire campainge when Lord Vader is to go to Geonosis Vader keeps saying that he must attend to the matter personally.

I've tried to send him there on his own
I've tried to send him there with a fleet
I've tried to send him there with one ship
you get the idea I hope.

Vader will not go to Geonosis. At this stage in the game I have every planet under the control of the empire EXCEPT Geonosis.

If anyone can help me it would be greatly appreciated.

Latar
 EAWFAN
05-19-2006, 10:01 PM
graphics card sucks and might not be capable of loading the amount of stuff and this should be posted in tech support forums(its named some thing like that)
 Latar Garuk
05-19-2006, 10:43 PM
I figured some one would say something like EAWFAN just did. It never ceases to amaze me how little these fourms help anyone with a real concern.
 wedge2211
05-19-2006, 11:00 PM
The graphics card has nothing to do with it. Mine is worse, and the game runs smoothly (even if my cinematic views aren't exactly movie-quality). Besides, he seems to have been running the game fine for a little while before this happened.

I'm not sure what you're problem is, either, unfortunately--I'm just stickin' up for you. :) But EAWFAN does have a valid point in that you might try sniffing around the tech support forum, too.
 Darth Moeller
05-19-2006, 11:58 PM
*moved*

First I might just try a reinstall to try to solve the problems. It could just be that the files are so fragmented that it's having trouble finding a specific one. But that's just a guess...

And the graphics card is definitely fine, that's the same card I have, and it runs most games perfectly fine.
 DarthMaulUK
05-20-2006, 3:44 AM
Firstly. make sure that everything is updated. graphic card drivers etc. Also, there has been repored problems with any old saves. 1.03 saved games being used in 1.04 games - this includes campaign games and it is a known bug, which is being looked into.

Either uninstall your game and continue from patch 1.03 or start your campaign over again.

DMUK
 briguy8971
05-20-2006, 7:37 PM
I am having the same problem may be the patch well not exactly the same problem I cant start mission 7 becuase the emporer does not recognize col veers as being present.
 DarthMaulUK
05-21-2006, 6:27 AM
As I have said, there is a known issue with old saves and patch 1.04 - try and go back to 1.03 or wait until a new fix is up

DMUK
Page: 1 of 1