Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Major Campaign Multiplayer Issues

Page: 1 of 1
 Kallath
05-19-2006, 8:43 PM
I know many of these have been brought up, but they've never been responded to by anyone with connections to LucasArts/Petroglyph.

1. Can't load saved multiplayer campaign games
The last saved game I was able to load was from mid-April. All the other ones I've saved since then appear in my saved file, and appear in game (where you can't load them), but not in the host menu.

2. Multiplayer Campaign crashes with synchronization errors or 'lost connection'
These keep happening more and more frequently. They'll happen in the middle of a space battle or simply randomly. The disconnects also are occurring more frequently and have nothing to do with our own connections (both of us have fast cable).

So many people have had these problems (more people than have had the bugs they fixed in 1.4--bugs I strangely never see posted on forums). I'd like Petroglyph or someone who has some knowledge on the subject to give some attention to the substantial amount of people with this issue. It's a BIG one and completely prevents online play.

Thanks.
 Kallath
05-19-2006, 8:44 PM
P.S. Everyone with these issues, please respond so that they/we can actually gauge how many of us there are.
 Kallath
05-20-2006, 1:19 PM
C'mon. Someone respond. I know I'm not the only one with these issues.
 DarthMaulUK
05-20-2006, 4:24 PM
You might want to check this thread http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=165098) and then wait to see what happens. Lets not spam the forum waiting for replies and I am sure someone from Petroglyph will reply if they have an answer.

As for the crashing/error, I get this from time to time and it is just one of those things and I recommend you save often

DMUK
 Kallath
05-21-2006, 4:32 PM
I can't save. That's the issue... it won't let you load saved games, I mean.
 Igor_Cavkov
05-21-2006, 9:39 PM
synchronization errors happends to me all the time!!!
 DarthMaulUK
05-22-2006, 5:34 AM
The sync errors happen alot. As for not being able to save...sounds daft but check your hard drive space. There is also an issue with game saves being really large (upto 700MB for 1 save!)

Also, check to see what programs you have installed - turn them off. It might be worth re-installing the game

DMUK
 exactlyasalways
07-05-2006, 8:21 AM
I have both these probems, isn't it about time it was fixed?!
 tekarijee
07-12-2006, 2:06 AM
C'mon. Someone respond. I know I'm not the only one with these issues.
Yes, you're definitely not alone with this issue.
Page: 1 of 1