Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Darth Torpid. Can I ask you something?

Page: 1 of 1
 Admiral Z
05-19-2006, 8:11 AM
Hello there sir,

I noticed the ability to bring up the console. As with any other games, let me take for example, Half Life 2 and the Source engine, therein contains a whole lot of console commands to tweak the sound, memory buffer, textures and a whole lot of stuff. For example in HL2, I suffered a bit of stuttering even though Valve claimed to fix it. I managed to find a tweak that a helpful forumer posted that eliminated the stutter.

So in retrospect, are there any commands that adjust these settings in EAW through the console?

Regards

Admiral Z
 Darth_Torpid-PG
05-19-2006, 12:35 PM
The console was used as a debugging tool during developement. As far as I know, all of the debugging commands have been disabled in the boxed version of the game. I can check on it though.
 hiho_boy
05-19-2006, 6:09 PM
Debugging tools would be really helpfull to modding teams
Is that how they just changed sides at will in the E3 Expansion video?
 Admiral Z
05-20-2006, 12:37 AM
Thanks Torpid, if there's a way to change some settings to squeeze every amount of performance I can get from the engine, it'll be great!
 Admiral Z
05-22-2006, 8:51 PM
The console was used as a debugging tool during developement. As far as I know, all of the debugging commands have been disabled in the boxed version of the game. I can check on it though.

Hi Torpid, any word yet whether we can enable the commands?
 Admiral Z
08-02-2006, 6:12 AM
Any news on the debugging commands Torpid?
 ImpElite
08-02-2006, 9:39 AM
Any news on the debugging commands Torpid?

Maybe he forgot....? Or maybe he Private Messaged you?
Page: 1 of 1