Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

How to install and new map

Page: 1 of 1
 LT. Jack
05-15-2006, 7:11 AM
I just downloaded a some new maps for SWBF2, I can usally put the files into the right folders myself but I am stuck because I have all .lvl files all over the place in both a folder and then within another sub folder (if you understand me) I was wondering if anyone could just do a quick guide explaining how to install the maps (I usally pick things up first time so just a quick guide would be usfull)

thanks...
 zerted
05-15-2006, 8:13 AM
Custom maps go into the addon folder.
 Mercury Noodles
05-15-2006, 10:55 PM
If you've downloaded stuff for games like Jedi Outcast, Jedi Academy or Soldier of Fortune 2, it's not all that different. The files, and the folders they're under all go in the addon folder. If you haven't created an addon folder yet, make one in Star Wars Battlefront II/Gamedata, so you should be unzipping the files and their folders to Star Wars Battlefront II/Gamedata/addon. (I vaguely recall something about the folder name "addon" needing to be lower case.) The folders that turn up when you unzip the new maps are necessary for the engine's sake, so don't try to pull the lvl files from them. The game will run it as is.
Page: 1 of 1