Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Where Have I gone Wrong? Map Making!

Page: 1 of 1
 wazmol69
05-14-2006, 4:17 PM
First of all I made A new World by using VisualMunge then i made VisualMunged it To the Addon Folder. then i went into zero edit and loaded up World1.wld edited it to how i wanted it and saved it.

now when i open up the level in Battlefront 2 it starts to load then goes off back to desktop. WHAT HAVE I DONE WRONG. well it beets me!

P.S while your here i was wondering if its possible to edit what vehicles are in other levels incase you dont no what i meen i want a AT-TE in the Naboo Map and an AT-AT in the Endor Map. THANK YOU :vadar:
 Mercury Noodles
05-14-2006, 6:09 PM
The tutorial doesn't really tell you how to do it in the right order. You create the world, edit in ZeroEditor, then you munge. When you munge the level, it's actually compiling the level's source files and saving the new files to your AddOn folder. Saving in ZE just saves the source files. It doesn't compile the changes.
 wazmol69
05-15-2006, 12:07 PM
thanks alot but how would i go about changing vehicles in a level i dont understant the tutorial. if you dont no what i meen there is example in the first post
 Mercury Noodles
05-15-2006, 10:46 PM
You'll have to sort of remake the level as a new map to do that. The files are already included for the shipped levels. You'll just need to copy the world files into a new level, add a vehicle spawn in ZeroEditor for whatever vehicle you're going to use, and edit the lua in two places. That's the short explanation, anyway. I haven't done any of this myself, yet.
 wazmol69
05-17-2006, 11:28 AM
it doesnt work i kno im sounding like a noob at the moment but please can some1 make me tutorial because i dont no what luas to edit and what to do in zero edit. thankz alot people.
Page: 1 of 1