Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Fett-style Mandolorians - Released

Page: 1 of 2
 Darth DeadMan
05-12-2006, 6:00 PM
I've never liked the KotOR Mandolorians. I wished them to look like Jango and Boba Fett. I mean, I wished them to have Fett-style armors and helmets.
So, I've tried to make such mod. It is not perfect, but I hope you'll like it. It will change the appearance of all Mandolorians in the game, including Mandolore (he transformed into Jango).
Mod uses TSLPatcher, so it should be compatible with any other mods installed in your system.

I used&modified 2 textures originally made by Orsan for KotOR 1.

Changes in version 3.0
- Kelborn now have unique armor and helmet.
- Reskinned private (black) mandalorians.
- Small fixes to armor model.
- Bralor and Mandalore now have slightly altered armor models.
- Added 2 new armors (for party members): Jango and Boba's armors with jetpack (No, you can not fly on it. But it looks cool).
- New armors now can be found in Mandalore's room (on D'Xun).

Screenshots:
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e177/Darth_DeadMan/mando_shot1.jpg)
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e177/Darth_DeadMan/mando_shot2.jpg)
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e177/Darth_DeadMan/mando_shot3.jpg)
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e177/Darth_DeadMan/mando_shot4.jpg)
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e177/Darth_DeadMan/mando_shot5.jpg)
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e177/Darth_DeadMan/mando_shot6.jpg)
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e177/Darth_DeadMan/mando_shot7.jpg)
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e177/Darth_DeadMan/mando_shot8.jpg)

Version 3.0 is available here: http://ds1.pcgamemods.com/core/18690/Mandalorians3.0.exe)
 dufflover
05-13-2006, 11:41 AM
Their heads/helmets look a bit too bloated (then again I haven't seen Star Wars in ages either).

Amazing transformation though.
 logan essex
05-13-2006, 3:16 PM
I downloaded it, but the installer has no install button. Any advice?
 Darth DeadMan
05-13-2006, 6:25 PM
I downloaded it, but the installer has no install button. Any advice?
Strange, I've tested it about 10 times on different PCs and it worked...
Do you receive any warning messages when you run installer?
 logan essex
05-13-2006, 6:43 PM
no warnings
I get the box with the info, but no install button
 Darth DeadMan
05-13-2006, 6:55 PM
Can you give me a screenshot of it?

P.S. Install button is called "Start Patching" there ;)
 The_Maker
05-14-2006, 1:06 AM
WOW O_O

This is like comma's Real Mandalorians mod before it died.

Hawt.

I'll test 'er out my next playthrough.

Btw, (by the way ;) ) Your English is very very good! A lot better than most native speaker's on this board.
 logan essex
05-14-2006, 1:23 AM
Can you give me a screenshot of it?

P.S. Install button is called "Start Patching" there ;)

how do you make a screenshot?
 Darth DeadMan
05-14-2006, 4:06 AM
The_Maker
Thanks.
logan essex
how do you make a screenshot?
Press [Print Screen], then start any image editor and paste.
 Samnmax221
05-14-2006, 4:13 AM
Very nice looking heads a little big
 logan essex
05-14-2006, 12:08 PM
i pressed print screen, open photoshop, it didn't give me the option to paste. also tried finepix, no option to paste
 McTitan
05-14-2006, 12:39 PM
@logan essex: just do edit,paste.

@Darth DeadMan: this is a very cool mod!
 Ghost Down
05-14-2006, 1:50 PM
Nice looking Mandalorians, but they are a bit too shiny though. Also which face and robe are that in your avatar?

- Dream Evil :vamp1:
 Darkkender
05-14-2006, 6:42 PM
I like it very good job Dead Man. How do you feel about custom skin texture work?
 Darth DeadMan
05-15-2006, 5:27 AM
2 all
Thanks.

logan essex
i pressed print screen, open photoshop, it didn't give me the option to paste. also tried finepix, no option to paste
In Photoshop click File=>New. After that you will be able to paste.

Dream Evil
Also which face and robe are that in your avatar?
Face is reskined PMHC06, robe is my own work with AVol's hood (also modified).

Darkkender
How do you feel about custom skin texture work?
I don't have much free time now, maybe later.
 logan essex
05-15-2006, 2:08 PM
thanx, i got the screenshot, how do I paste it on this thread? sorry for the trouble
 Darth DeadMan
05-15-2006, 2:30 PM
Send it to my *snip*. (Please, put "KotOR" in the letter subject.)

Please do not post your email on the forums, use the Private Message (PM) system instead. Thanks. -RH
 Darth DeadMan
05-20-2006, 7:28 PM
I've just uploaded a new version of this MOD. See 1st post for new dowload link.
 Dirtnose
07-21-2006, 4:44 PM
Top Job! :thmbup1:
 wolfard88
08-18-2006, 8:08 PM
Very very nice. However, I found a bug that is pretty obvious, the head does not move, it stays facing directly forward no matter how you are facing or moving.

Could someone fix this?

I do not mean to be critical, I just wanted to point it out is all.
 RedHawke
08-19-2006, 1:10 AM
Have you downloaded the mod fix listed in the first post in this thread?
 Lucied
08-19-2006, 1:13 AM
so is this compatible for K1?? cause if it is i woudl love to use it in K1
 RedHawke
08-19-2006, 1:22 AM
Likely that would be a no.

The model files are different between the 2 games.
 Lucied
08-19-2006, 1:24 AM
is there anyway to convert it?
 wolfard88
08-19-2006, 1:59 AM
I believe I have, I downloaded the four files in his fix, and used them to overrite their predecessors in my override folder, but I'll re-download and try again, just to be sure.

If it that is not the problem though, how could such a problem be fixed? I would be willing to fix the glitch myself if I knew how.
 RedHawke
08-19-2006, 2:20 AM
^^^^
Sorry I am not a modeler, I was only posting in case you missed the fix as this might be causing the issue. Just hoping the 'easy' solution would work. :D

But since I see that Darth DeadMan was online recently hopefully he will see this and offer some assistance.

:giveup: How would I know? I can't even model a simple teapot! :xp:

Edit: But the armor textures should be transferrable, it is just the helmets I have no-idea about.

Edit 2: I know Orsan released a KotOR I Fett Helmet Model so you might be able to tweak that instead of using the TSL Helmet in this mod? But I'm not certain.
 Mav
08-19-2006, 3:02 AM
:giveup: How would I know? I can't even model a simple teapot! :xp:

Edit: But the armor textures should be transferrable, it is just the helmets I have no-idea about.

Edit 2: I know Orsan released a KotOR I Fett Helmet Model so you might be able to tweak that instead of using the TSL Helmet in this mod? But I'm not certain.

If it makes you feel better RH, I don't think I could model a teapot either... the handle and neck would give me trouble. :p

And, as RH said the textures should be transferable, but the model wont be, however if you Orsan's K1 Fett Helmet model it might work to port over the textures as I doubt Orsan's UVmap would be any different. Just that .mdl files between games are not compatible. However this mod works very similar to Prime's Stormtrooper mod that replace the sith soldier just for the mandolorians, so you would need to do some .2da editing to get it to work right.
 Lucied
08-19-2006, 3:04 AM
ok well really i just wanted the Red Mando Armor is is possible for me to get in into KOTOR 1 so canderous can wear it?
 Mav
08-19-2006, 3:10 AM
I don't know for sure, I don't have K1 installed anymore, but it should be possible if you have Orsan's Fett helmet model for K1, it would require some .uti editing though.

Edit: I don't want to be mis-leading, I'm just assuming its possible, because provided you have the resources need I can't think of anythign that makes it impossible, but I'm not going to guarantee anything
 Lucied
08-19-2006, 3:47 AM
well i have no idea how to do it and ive read the tutorials just cant get it but i guess i can keep trying
 wolfard88
08-19-2006, 9:30 AM
Well, I don't think Deadman's on the watch, so is there a post or a tool download/tutorial on how to fix something like this? This being that the head of the mandalorian doesn't move with his stance or body, and remains facing straight forward in alignment with his chest. A push in the right direction would be very welcome.
 Fjope
08-19-2006, 10:59 AM
Nice! Downloading now. I would have to agree that the heads look a little big, it's not that much of an issue though.

EDIT: How did you put that hood on your avatar?
 Lucied
08-19-2006, 11:57 PM
so could anybody tell me how i could get that Red Mando armor and Helmet into Kotor 1?
 Darth DeadMan
08-20-2006, 8:41 AM
However, I found a bug that is pretty obvious, the head does not move, it stays facing directly forward no matter how you are facing or moving.
I know about this glitch, but I have no idea how to fix it. If someone will find out - please, let me know.
The patch doesn't fix it, it eliminates some other bugs.

MOD is NOT compatible with K1.
I believe it will be easy to convert helmet model to K1... if you have a basic 3DSMAX skills. For the armor it's a little harder - you will need to apply new UVW map to K1 PMBH model (model geometry is not changed in this mod... well, just a little - I've slightly modified neck, but it is not important). I can't do it myself - I've lost my K1 :(, but if anyone want to do it - you may try.

know Orsan released a KotOR I Fett Helmet Model so you might be able to tweak that instead of using the TSL Helmet in this mod? But I'm not certain.
Orsan's helmet will NOT wotk with this textures - models and their UVW mapping is too different.

However this mod works very similar to Prime's Stormtrooper mod that replace the sith soldier just for the mandolorians, so you would need to do some .2da editing to get it to work right.
Yes, it works the same way as Prime's Stormtrooper - some new lines to heads.2da and some appearance.2da editing. And helmet glitch have come from that mod (helmets are made the same way - in reality, they are NOT helmets, BUT HEADS).

Fjope
How did you put that hood on your avatar?
AVol once released a mod, which adds hoods to the game. But since PCGM is dead, it is not downloadable any more :(
 RedHawke
08-21-2006, 1:11 AM
Fjope

AVol once released a mod, which adds hoods to the game. But since PCGM is dead, it is not downloadable any more :(
Actually they are... the direct download link is here:

http://ds1.pcgamemods.com/core/14567/AVol_JediHoods_1.2.zip)

:D
 Fjope
08-21-2006, 3:37 PM
Ohhh!!! Thank You!! *dances with joy*
 lord ignarn
08-22-2006, 5:21 AM
This mod is just what I wanted!! I was a bit annoyed with the look of the mandaloreans of TSL. Very good job!!!
 Darth DeadMan
08-23-2006, 1:45 PM
The MOD is now available at PCGameMods:
http://www.pcgamemods.com/mod/18690.html)

In this version, you may find special armors - when equiped, they will make you look like new Mandalorians. To find these armors, go to the Mandalorian Cache and talk to any droid. After that, you will find 4 types of armor (black, red, gold and Boba's) in metal box. Jango's (Mandalore's) armor can now be unequiped and used by other characters.
 Darth DeadMan
08-27-2006, 12:38 PM
I've just uploaded updated version of MOD. Now, Mandalore comes equiped with special Mandalorian FLAMETHROWER! (screenshot: http://www.pcgamemods.com/screenshot/82370.html)
Thanks to Lit Ridl for allowing me to modify his flamethrower script.

Link remains the same at PCGM.
 elando
09-04-2006, 11:41 AM
can you upload your moddified hoods please i'd realy like them :ben:
 bba05
09-04-2006, 11:43 AM
Fantastic stuff.

I'll be sure to install it for TSL after I've completed KOTOR I. Not played KOTOR for about two years, but I see that there are so many mods about now, so I thought I'd play it again.

:)
 wolfard88
09-06-2006, 12:58 PM
I figured out how you can fix that helmet issue I told you about but I don't have the modding skill for it.

You need to make the helmet a separate item, i.e make it a helmet and just equip it to all mandalorians and mandalore. That should fix the problem. That's how Prime did his clonetrooper/stormtrooper. (at least I think it was prime)
 Darth DeadMan
09-08-2006, 8:22 PM
I've finished version 3.0 of MOD.
Changes in version 3.0:
- Kelborn now have unique armor and helmet.
- Reskinned private (black) mandalorians.
- Small fixes to armor model.
- Bralor and Mandalore now have slightly altered armor models.
- Added 2 new armors (for party members): Jango and Boba's armors with jetpack (No, you can not fly on it. But it looks cool).
- New armors now can be found in Mandalore's room (on D'Xun).

The link remains the same at PCGM. Screenshots are also was updated.

wolfard88
I was thinking about it, but there are some problems. It will require A LOT OF scripting, and I'm NOT THAT good at it. And sometimes there are bugs with NPC's and their helmets/masks/googles - they actually equip them, but they are not seen in the game. It happens in ~50% on my PC, and I don't know what may cause it.

That's how Prime did his clonetrooper/stormtrooper. (at least I think it was prime)
His helmets as separate items was made for your party ONLY. For the sithtroopers (which was turned into stormtroopers) they was heads (like in my mod). And they have this glitch too, but don't attract attention that much.

elando
can you upload your moddified hoods please i'd realy like them
Only when I will be able to contact AVol... I've didn't saw him on Internet for a long time...
 Kainzorus Prime
09-09-2006, 5:43 AM
While I understand you used textures from Jedi Academy Mandalorians by NeoMarz1, taking textures from my skinpack (http://www.pcgamemods.com/mod/11530.html) for that game without credits is over the line.

http://www.pcgamemods.com/core/11530/screenshots/b1.jpg)

http://www.pcgamemods.com/core/18690/screenshots/b1.jpg) http://www.pcgamemods.com/core/18690/screenshots/b2.jpg)

Compare Yellow-black helmet and red-black chest textures. All you had to do is blur black areas so cracked armor was less visible, and brighten few parts.
 RedHawke
09-09-2006, 7:03 AM
*Snip...*

The issue has now been sorted out... thread re-opened! :D
 Guttahtrash
10-07-2006, 5:59 AM
Great job, I can't imagine playing without this mod. It adds that Starwarsian feel that the Mandalorians desperately needed. Now they don't look like condom people anymore. THANK YOU!!!

My question: I would like this mod to be compatible with a Mandalore Without a Helmet mod. It seems that no matter what, he still looks the same, or at least stuck in one of the new Mandalorian armors. I would like to be able to put on the Mandalore armor, and take it off him to put on say... Redhawke's Verpine Reflec Armor or something, then be able to change him back when I am moved to. I was just curious what 2da I would have to go into with KT, to make it compatable with a helmetless candarous mod... oh and what entries in what lines I should look for... um... and what to change it too.. I only know enough of KT to make all my downloaded mods work with each other. lol

Thanks in advance.

The Scum, The Lonely,
-Guttahtrash
 Darth DeadMan
10-07-2006, 10:02 AM
Guttahtrash
Ability to unequip Mandalore's armor is already added in version 3.0. Or at least I am sure I've added it :). Without his armor he will look like Canderous. But It may not work on old saves - I didn't tested.
 Mandalore252
10-14-2006, 7:53 AM
i can't download pcgamemod is down:(
 revan7189
10-23-2006, 8:40 PM
I tried to install this mod. once it started it stopped and it said that the 2da file was not in binary form.What do I do?
 RedHawke
10-24-2006, 7:31 AM
I tried to install this mod. once it started it stopped and it said that the 2da file was not in binary form.What do I do?
This is likely from another mod that doesn't have its 2da file in the proper format. What mods do you have installed?
Page: 1 of 2