Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Getting Started? Need help

Page: 1 of 1
 Moag
10-06-2001, 10:03 PM
Hi,
I just finished installing this Demo and all seemed well. I was at the main title screen and I selected to go through the tutorial, so I can learn how to play. When I clicked on tutorial, it took me to a green screen that told me what the tutorial would do and what I will learn, I hit enter and it took me back to the main title screen. I clicked tutorial again, and it took me back to the screen with the green background. This time I left-clicked my mouse and it sent me back to the main title screen. It seems that there is no kind of "start" button. This also happened when I selected the single player and multi-player modes. Anyone know what the problem is:confused: any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for reading,
Moag
 Tie Guy
10-06-2001, 10:22 PM
Two things.

1) the tutorial campaign isn't included in the demo, thats why you can't play it. There is only one mission in the fourth campaign, try playing that one, it is the Empire's campaign.

2) only the tcp/ip MP option is available, so if you click on network or something else, you can't play.
 Moag
10-06-2001, 11:04 PM
Hey Tie Guy thanks for responding.

I selected Local (LAN) TCP/IP connection (I use DSL) and it just sits there searching for Games. When I choose to create a game it tells me that I can't start a game with only one player. What Da Dilly-Yo? should I have choosen something else? And why isn't this info posted on the www.swgalacticbattlegrounds.com) website? I think Im starting to get a bit Fruss:mad:

Thanks for reading
Moag
 Jade Skyhiker
10-08-2001, 4:14 PM
you can't run a LAN unless youre already in a LAN and your buddies are hooked up and ready to play

You need to go Internet TCP/IP but you need to either go to the Zone to play or get some friends and discuss who's hosting and get hte IP from there.

Since this is Direct play client/client, it doesnt have the ability to search the entire Internet for empty/running games.. you have to set it up yourself and let people know, or find someone you can play with.
Page: 1 of 1