Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

E3 Rocks

Page: 1 of 1
 Psychochaos3
05-09-2006, 9:27 PM
I saw the first part of E3. I saw the preview of HALO 3. I saw clips of Mario Galaxy. The Nintendo Wii (pronounced weeeeeeeeeh! cause nothing is to whimsical for Nintendo) looks so Awesome with twilight princess. The Wii and the next game by Will Wright(the creator of Sims) ,SPORE. I want to create carnivorous creatures Dammit! Thank God for G4 live coverage of E3.
 Mashi An'krekku
05-10-2006, 6:44 PM
WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
 Smon
05-10-2006, 6:46 PM
Mario Glaxy looks... retarded. Nintendo has lost it's way. Mario used to be all like "OMG NEW AND NEVA BEFO' SEEN." now it's all like "...but he's in space!".

Paper Mario 2? Last world was the moon. Mario & Luigi 2? You fight aliens.

Nintendo is ruined at this rate.
 DarthAve
05-10-2006, 7:13 PM
Nintendo lost me when they discontinued Duck Hunt. That game killed Mario, with a gun.
 Psychochaos3
05-10-2006, 8:28 PM
I don't care about the mario franchise. Mario was always more cute than actiony. The LoZ franchise is back in it's prime though. The best thing I want to see on the Wii (weeeeeeeeh!) is

SONIC WILDFIRE

Sonic wildfire will bring the franchise back to it's former glory after the humiliating Shadow The Hedgehog.
 DarthAve
05-10-2006, 9:24 PM
Shadow is gay. He and Tails had a steamy affair in Milan in a hot tub. Tails boyfriend was devistated.

BF:"YOU HAD SEX???"
Tails: "~crying~ I'm..so sorry."
 Psychochaos3
05-11-2006, 2:55 PM
Shadow is gay.

You bastard. I meant the game "Shadow the Hedgehog" not the character.

Anyway I'm definitely looking forward to "Gears of War". The game ,instead of just hitting people with your gun, will have a chainsaw in the gun! How friggin awesome is that?!

Metal Gear Solid 4 will be released in 2007.
 DarthAve
05-11-2006, 3:41 PM
Hey, I'm entitled to an opinion of the sexuality of a character in a video game.

Lego Star Wars 2 looks killer, weather it's at E3 or not.
 zelda 41
05-12-2006, 4:49 PM
Oh yeah! SPORE looks so AWSOME!!! And Mario, and Twilight Princess, and the new Zelda DS game, 'The Phantom Mirrior', an- *choke*
 Smon
05-12-2006, 4:57 PM
SSBB has the Halo 3 trailer smashed, at Gamespot videos... the gap between all the others is about 3000 views, but SSBB and Halo 3 are seperated by almost 10000...

Nintendo is gonna rule.

...do you think DF is gonna stand behind a milk crate and preview some little project during E3?
 Megan
05-12-2006, 5:32 PM
Oh yeah! SPORE looks so AWSOME!!! And Mario, and Twilight Princess, and the new Zelda DS game, 'The Phantom Mirrior', an- *choke*

It's Phantom Hourglass. I hope I get a DS by the time it comes out. I didn't get to see much of Twilight Princess and Mario when I watched E3 on G4; I missed them. Darn it.
 KingCheez
05-12-2006, 6:14 PM

The Phantom Hourglass, it's not that hard to remember.
 Smon
05-15-2006, 12:00 PM
Well E3's over, time for wrap up:
Microsoft:
Really nothing new here, sorry guys.

Sony:
Holy hell, this is expensive. A new MGS4 trailer saying Snake FINALLY dies, and quite frankly, Sony should drop the Blue-Ray thing, no companies are using it because it is way too expensive so if Sony dropped it the PS3 should be much, much, cheaper. Byt the way Sony, that motion detecting controller is really unique, haven't seen that anywhere before. *rollseyes*

Nintendo:Big dog on campus, Nintendo really took it home, new DS titles, another peek at Twilight Princess, and the Revolution's price (oops, I mean Wii, it's called that now.) kicks ass. The new SSB looks incredible with newcomers (in order of lame to awesome)Wario, Zero Suit Samus, Pit (Kid Icarus), Metaknight, and finally Solid Snake from MGS. Mario Galaxy looks unique but, once again Nintendo, please stop sending him to space.

PC:Really nothing happened other than Spore, Will Wright's new simulation where you build a galaxy. Sadly my computer sucks but if I can upgrade my video card it might have a chance.
 90SK
05-15-2006, 3:05 PM
I'm revolted by how Sony attempts to rip off Nintendo with their lame-ass PlayStation controller version of the Wiimote. It's going to be half as good, and totally useless. All they’ve proven is that they’re a bunch of corporate whores with no ingenuity.

And seriously: $600?? Who's going to pay that? You could buy a 360 AND a Wii for less money, and be better off with all of Nintendo and Microsoft's exclusive titles.

*ahem* In any case, we only have several more months until Wii (http://www.wiireleasedate.com/) is released. I can't wait.
 Smon
05-15-2006, 4:45 PM
*ahem* In any case, we only have several more months until Wii (http://www.wiireleasedate.com/) is released. I can't wait.
...seriously?! Awesome, it'll come out right before my b-day.
 DarthAve
05-15-2006, 5:21 PM
'The Phantom Mirrior'
That just made 'Angel of Music' start to play in my head.

God, I love/hate Phantom of the Opera. Wicked is so way better. What if there were a PotO game? Like, a level where you have to swordfight Raoul, or navigate to undeground areas to find Christine...Zete would so play that, she love Phantom of the Opera.
 90SK
05-15-2006, 9:37 PM
...seriously?! Awesome, it'll come out right before my b-day.

I don't know how accurate that counter is, but I'm hoping it's the real thing.
 Mashi An'krekku
05-15-2006, 10:15 PM
That just sounded like the worst E3 in the history of E3-dom.
 90SK
05-15-2006, 10:29 PM
May I inquire as to why you feel this way?
 DarthAve
05-15-2006, 10:47 PM
You know, I kinda gotta agree. Nothing seemed to appealing to me. I mean yeah 'A new Halo for a system I can't afford and my parents will buy me when hell freezes over.' Also, it's getting really boring to watch these companies fight for customers. It's really sad.
 Smon
05-16-2006, 2:43 AM
...very good point. Really if you weren't Nintendo you were saying "You won't ever own it, but your rich friends will brag about it!"
 DarthAve
05-16-2006, 3:54 PM
DELETE!!!!!!
 DarthAve
05-16-2006, 3:56 PM
True that, Smon. If the price for these new systems were lower, I would try and save to buy one (Or hypnotize my parents). Also, American's don't have a lot of money to spend with the gas prices nowadays.

Child: Mommy, Can I get a Wii?
Mother: Go clean your filthy mouth, boy!
Child: No mom, it's a game system.
Mother: NO WAY!! We need money for the car. If they keep gas prices this high we'll have to sell you to the Chinese for slavery.
Child: ......Ok. Nevermind.
 Gruducuuz
05-16-2006, 5:23 PM
I cant wait for SSBB, for I want to see the Nintendogs taking up most of the action!

And I wonder how they will encorperate the controller detection in that game...
 Smon
05-16-2006, 7:47 PM
I don't think they will. I read somewhere that it lets you plug a gamecube controller into it so not to alienate classic gamers.
 DarthAve
05-16-2006, 9:08 PM
Wow, Gaming's really changed now so the new player doesn't have to adapt to the new controler.

Can't they just bring back the rectanuglar nentendo controller? And Duck Hunt? I lurve Duck Hunt.
 Psychochaos3
05-17-2006, 7:23 AM
Can't they just bring back the rectanuglar nentendo controller? And Duck Hunt? I lurve Duck Hunt.
Wii's got this i-tunes like program where you can download games from all the way back to the NES. It's called Virtual Console.There's an attachment to the Wiimote that looks a bit like a a SNES controller that lets you play these games. Nintendo is fighting to get back the title of King of Video games and it's fighting with a storm.

PS3 would be okay if it weren't for the damn $500-$600 price tag. I need it if I want to play Sonic the Hedgehog 15th anniversery. No I don't like Xbox.
 Tombot
05-17-2006, 12:41 PM
I'm revolted by how Sony attempts to rip off Nintendo with their lame-ass PlayStation controller version of the Wiimote. It's going to be half as good, and totally useless. All they’ve proven is that they’re a bunch of corporate whores with no ingenuity.

And seriously: $600?? Who's going to pay that? You could buy a 360 AND a Wii for less money, and be better off with all of Nintendo and Microsoft's exclusive titles.

Biased pricks must die.

PS3 is classified a fully fledged PC. People will buy it. opinons are not facts. Your logic is flawed. :firemad:

grr roar etc...

EDIT: buy a wii, they are good too.
 Mashi An'krekku
05-17-2006, 2:01 PM
Wow, Gaming's really changed now so the new player doesn't have to adapt to the new controler.

I played Duck Hunt a few months back.
...Then my Nintendo froze. :{{{
 Smon
05-17-2006, 3:18 PM
Biased pricks must die.

PS3 is classified a fully fledged PC. People will buy it. opinons are not facts. Your logic is flawed. :firemad:

grr roar etc...

EDIT: buy a wii, they are good too.
He wasn't talking about the PS3, he was talking about the PS3 controller.

It has a motion dealy that lets a person rotate it at six different degrees. So he isn't biased, the PS3's motion sensor will just be half as good and no real competition is going to put it to use.
 DarthAve
05-17-2006, 4:50 PM
OMG!! The return of duck hunt!!! But how will you shoot without the gun controller?
 Mashi An'krekku
05-17-2006, 5:23 PM
Buttons? S-sticky paws?
 90SK
05-17-2006, 7:06 PM
PS3 is classified a fully fledged PC. People will buy it. opinons are not facts. Your logic is flawed.

Of course it's flawed! Didn't you see my clever ", " tags? I was being unfair on purpose, to get out my temporary aggression against Sony for copying the Wiimote (though come on: it is a total rip-off). Sure, there are plenty of positive things regarding the PS3 and Sony in general. I actually own a PS2. So back off. :xp:
 zelda 41
05-17-2006, 7:27 PM
I'm not gonna buy a ps3. too expenive.
 Psychochaos3
05-17-2006, 7:49 PM
OMG!! The return of duck hunt!!! But how will you shoot without the gun controller?
You can put the Wiimote(I just love puns) in a gun shell. It looks like this.

http://img476.imageshack.us/img476/1640/wiigunshell1on.th.jpg) (http://img476.imageshack.us/my.php?image=wiigunshell1on.jpg)
 DarthAve
05-17-2006, 7:52 PM
..OMG. Wii is truely the most awesome gaming system. EVER
 Mashi An'krekku
05-17-2006, 9:52 PM
The Wii would be so much more awesome if it didn't have such a ridonkulous name.
 Psychochaos3
05-19-2006, 5:33 PM
The Wii would be so much more awesome if it didn't have such a ridonkulous name.
Behold the philosophy of Wii.

Wii will break down that wall that separates video game players from everybody else.

Wii will put people more in touch with their games … and each other. But you’re probably asking: What does the name mean?

Wii sounds like “we,” which emphasizes this console is for everyone.

Wii can easily be remembered by people around the world, no matter what language they speak. No confusion. No need to abbreviate. Just Wii.
 DarthAve
05-19-2006, 6:03 PM
Behold the philosophy of Wii.

Wii will break down that wall that separates video game players from everybody else.

Wii will put people more in touch with their games … and each other. But you’re probably asking: What does the name mean?

Wii sounds like “we,” which emphasizes this console is for everyone.

Wii can easily be remembered by people around the world, no matter what language they speak. No confusion. No need to abbreviate. Just Wii.
Wow, I really hope you didn't come up with that yourself.

That would mean you were smart.
 90SK
05-19-2006, 6:09 PM
No, Nintendo released that statement when they revealed the name.

I can't say I'm pleased with it. At least they got a wealth of free publicity from the whole affair.
 DarthAve
05-19-2006, 6:10 PM
Well, I advertised it today. (Running around the choir room yelling "WEEEEEEEE!!!)
 zelda 41
05-19-2006, 8:46 PM
I do that somtimes. I go outside at school yelling, "WWWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE" everyday at lunch.
 Mashi An'krekku
05-19-2006, 9:11 PM
I need to shout "WHEEEEEEEEEEEE" more often.
 DarthAve
05-19-2006, 11:37 PM
Do it now, I'm always yelling "SQUEEEEEEEE!!" more that "WEEEEEE!!!"
 Psychochaos3
05-24-2006, 9:12 PM
Uh oh. This just might(very small chance) could change the Wii.

The Wiimote get's all funky(like wireless mouses) when there are too many Halogen lights in the room.
 Smon
05-24-2006, 9:22 PM
Uh oh. This just might(very small chance) could change the Wii.

The Wiimote get's all funky(like wireless mouses) when there are too many Halogen lights in the room.
Luckily don't live in Halogenia. You might though, sucks for you.
 DarthAve
05-24-2006, 11:03 PM
...Diss?

I don't know. Although this is compleatly off topic..

HAROLD WON! HAROLD WON! DING DONG, THE WICKED WITCH IS DEAD!!
Page: 1 of 1