Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Untitled SuperHero RP: Recruitment discussion.

Page: 1 of 1
 starmark2k
05-09-2006, 3:41 PM
OK i haven't made a New RP in a very, very... Very long time and if you think that's a good thing get out this thread. For those of you who think i miss Starmark2k's overly planned RPs, this is your lucky, lucky.. lucky day.

now to business; I'm a fan of comic books (yes you get a trekkie, whedonite and comic geek all in one with me.) and more specifically superheroes so i decided to do a super-hero based RP.

So the Thread will be based in the not to distant future(like most comics are), and all the Heroes will be apart of a team who have discovered that a corporation known as Globanet(It's <Exploit deleated> so if you can think of a better name for an evil corporation all names will be considered.) are basically Evil. They do all the things evil corporations do Bio tech, Viral, Accult and all other manner of ilegal and unethical research as well as all legal kinds as a front.

Being based in the not to distant future your origins (Technological, Magical, Mutation or anything you can think of) can be anything and you can have any kind of powers to make you super. Just keep them original and well explained to why you have powers and so on.
Super-hero Alias: (i.e Spider-man, Wolverine, Batman.)
Appearance:(What they look like)
Weapons Equipment: (Device your hero may use)
Powers: (if your character isn't like batman or ironman whos 'powers' are based on tecnological devices. But like a mutant or super-man who's powers are based on a genetic level.)
Bio: (If confused see below)
Sex: Male
Appearance: Dark blue leather buckled jacket with a orange star on his chest, Dark blue jeans, Black boots and glove with small orange stars on them. Dark blue long cape.
Blue Suit (http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a353/starmark2k/blue.jpg)
Orange Suit (http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a353/starmark2k/orange.jpg)
Weapons Equipment: Cloaking Device, Anti Grav generator, Smoke granades.
Powers: Can create Fire through his hands and with the use go his specially designed gloves can throw it. Enhanced strength, speed and reactions

Bio: Jason Hawk was a Scientist who worked on the new Military Tech projects for Globa-Net, including cloak tech and gravity repulsion tech. While still a Child his Home caught Fire and killed his family. This led Jason to suffer from severe Pyro-phobia. Unfortunitly fate seems to have a sence of irony. While working Late one night at the Globanet Labs in new York he heard a strange noise coming from a restrickted Labratory. The door was open so he decided to investigate. He saw his supervisor kill a homeless man who refused to become the subject of an Illegal experiment. Jason was found by the Supervisors Guards and knocked unconcious.

When he awoke he found himself on a recovery bed in the Restricted Lab with strange scars on his lower arms. When he tried to escape his hands ignited with fire, This caused him to so into extreme shock and he began to panic out of fear. This led to him setting the whole building on fire. He escaped and was beleived dead until he saw a women being attacked and helpped her by using his enhanced speed and strength. He began to get feel for helping people and overcame his fear on fire and became a vigilante helping the innocent and attacking the guilty.

His Acts led to Globanet putting two and two together now he is hunted by them. His inovative knowledge has led to him developing a personal cloaking device and anti grav generator(which allows him to fly) as well as other useful gadget to aid him in his war against the corporation. His acts have also led to alot of media attention mainly as no one has ever seen him and only rumour of a figure that appears from none and uses fire as a weapon is known about him. Most even question his existance.

O.k We'll proberly add more to this during the planning stages and may not actually start for atleast a week.
 steven
05-09-2006, 3:54 PM
Super-hero Alias:
Sex:Male
Appearance:<clicky> (http://www.etab.ac-caen.fr/college-moliere/eleve/IMG/jpg/daniel1.jpg)
Weapons Equipment: Revolver
Powers: Electrokinesis
Electrokinesis is the ability to control, generate, or absorb electricity and lightning, with the possibility of a variety of effects, such as magnetic levitation.

Bio: Much like Jason, John worked as a scientist working for Globanet however his power was given to him at the birth. The reason for John super power is thought it was given to him gentically given to him due to the fact both of his parent where hit by lighting at the age of 18. He was born 3 years later.

He quit Globanet after he witnessed his supervisor wip to death Johns work college because he would not take a drug. John was threanted to be killed if he talked. A month pasted and, even though John said nothing to anybody, the boss thought John was too much of a ilability so the gaurds went to kill him. At this point John had no choice but to reveal his powers. Fortuanllty for him the building was set on fire and John was able to use his powers, and the distraction, to escape and kill his supervisor.

Since then he has attempted to use his powers for good but does not which to fly around in tight, stupid custumes like the other superheroes.
 Killwithhonor
05-09-2006, 4:18 PM
Super-hero Alias: Sarin
Appearance: Rugged Commando, Silver Cyborg Suit, Dressed in an Black leather jacket and Military Camo, with a Red Green Beret hat
Cyborg like this: (except exchange the face with a human head http://www.keysca.com/desktop_img/3d/cyborg.jpg)
Weapons Equipment: (like megaman) On his right arm is an attachment that is a blaster gun
Powers: Is able to fuse any weapon with the weapon that he has, also he can also regenerate, since he runs on fusion technology (his bodysuit) and his gun runs on nuclear technology, so if there is a power source near he can use his fusion to convert electricity into any kind of energy that he needs, also can convert heat into energy.
Bio: In High School, Harry was always intrested in new developements, mechanics and science. He used to make explosions in his back yard with his friends. He got straight A's throughout High School in Science, and his mechanics class. He also went to the gym almost every other day to work out. He went to the best University in the country for mechanical science. He gradutated at the top of his class, taking up another profession, computer graphics and technologies. As life progressed he wrote many equations and figured how to control the blast radius of a nuclear explosion. Crime was low in his city. He was going bankrupt because he spent most of his time in his room, making equations, the only time he went outside was for a jog or to go to the gym. As he ran by a bank one day he got an idea. He ran straight home and started working on a project that would take him only a month to complete with his expertise. He set up a lab in his basement. He gathered many materials. He somehow made nuclear energy with a small reactor he mad ein his basement that extended out in through his smokestack. After long hours he completed his project but there was nothing to go with it. He created another project wich only took a few weeks. He made a cyvborg suit to sustain his new developement. he attached the bio gun to his suit and put it all on. He succesfully blew up the safe in a matter of seconds of entering the bank. He got his money and staged a fight between him and this new menace which was also himself. he supposedly killed the menace and named a hero. Harry named himself Sarin and redid the suit to change the design somewhat to make it less like the "menace" he deafeated. He now protects the town and its people
 Writer
05-09-2006, 11:08 PM
Super-hero Alias: The Dominant (sometimes shortened to Dom)
Sex: Female
Appearance: http://www.colournation.com/uploads/thumbs/1777.jpg)
Weapons Equipment: NA
Powers: telepathy, telekinesis
Bio: Krista's abilites were discovered at an early age. When she was six, she was happily playing with a friend when she began to hear her friend's thoughts. When Krista wanted to do something else, she suggested it to the friend, who immediately agreed. Over the next few months, adults began to realize that Krista was unintentionally dominating their minds, making them do things they wouldn't have ordinarily considered. Because of it, she and her family were avoided.

When they realized what was happening, Krista's parents became determined to give her control of her abilities. To do so, they did some research and called as many people as they could find who might be able to help. One man said he could help, but that he'd need to take Krista away for three months. Her parents agreed.

For the next three months, the stranger tortured Krista and uncovered her telekinetic abilities. In return, she called him Ciar, which is Irish for 'black'. At the end of three months, Krista was returned to her family. Ciar introduced her as 'The Dominant' and for three weeks, she did not speak. She spent most of her time in her room; the only time she left it was for meals.

After three weeks, Krista's mother called for her. She came when called and uttered her first words in three weeks: "I am Dom. Krista is dead." Her opinion on this fact changed from time to time over the next few years. She returned to school in full control of her abilities and, for three years she didn't use them.

As she entered high school, she began meeting new people, but she remained detached from most of them. By the time high school ended, she had only one friend, a guy named Jack Evans. They went to the same college and now work for the same newspaper. Everyone at the newspaper knows Jack and Krista are a team; Jack does the research, Krista writes the article, and they both take credit for the story when it's published.

Only Jack knows exactly what happened during the three months Krista spent with Ciar. He helped her accept her nickname and encouraged her to use her powers to help society. Without Jack, Krista might have become a villain.
 starmark2k
05-10-2006, 8:37 AM
OK looking good so far but we could do with a couple of other people.
 Xbx_Inthusiast
05-10-2006, 1:21 PM
Super-hero Alias: Mercury
Appearance: http://absolutestockphoto.com/albums/userpics/10197/normal_Absolute_197_5004.jpg)
Weapons Equipment: His abilities.
Powers: Gravity Control, Control over Physics (Ricocheting, path of travel, distance, speed, trajectory etc...), Bullet proof, and Encyclopedic knowledge, Immediate healing.
Bio: Born in a midwestern town in southern Illinois, he grew up a normal life, but he was in the lower class of people, due to his family not the richest folk around. He discovered his powers when he was 17, when he moved out of his mother's house and lived in his brother's apartment, which amused his friend other than pushing him away. He actually flaunted them a bit as he lived there, and just used them for his own bidding, like moving a chair, turning channels, getting refreshments etc.. but one day he and his friend went on a walk and his friend was shot in a drive-by, three times in the chest. Matthew was shot as well, seven times. His friend was unfortunate and died, but Matthew was doomed to die, so they took his almost-dead body and experimented on it, figuring out what gave him his powers, opening him up, seeing what made him tick. He had been born with dormant genes in his DNA was were mutated and just now showed themselves.

Since he was going to die anyway, for some reason, they tried replacing his blood with Mercury, which actually worked because his DNA was mutated and didn't carry much of the normal DNA that made his organs think they needed blood. One day he actually woke up from certain death and escaped, his slices that they made on him clearing up immediately and he took off. He still doesn't know exactly what happened that day, but he is looking for someone to understand him, someone to talk with, who will know where he's coming from, and help him along the way.
 starmark2k
05-10-2006, 2:21 PM
O.k on my guy i added a couple os images for appearance, and added to the bio. Now on working out the story. We'll do it so most of the people first meet, We'll proberly do somthing with Wildjedi's Hero investigating somthing that leads her to meet them all.
 Writer
05-10-2006, 4:28 PM
A little further info from me: When researching a story, Jack and Krista go to the scene together. Jack interviews while Krista takes pictures. Krista rarely speaks with anyone and is typically shy of new people.

One further note: Jack is my character also, though I didn't give him a char sheet. Don't control him unless I give you permission.
 starmark2k
05-10-2006, 5:32 PM
i desided to start it and work out the story as we go. http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=164709)
 ExtreamJedi12
05-11-2006, 6:07 PM
Is it too late for me to join?
 Xbx_Inthusiast
05-11-2006, 6:19 PM
Doesn't seem like it, but it can't be an MK character.. heh
 ExtreamJedi12
05-11-2006, 6:24 PM
I wasn't planning on copying off of one.
 starmark2k
05-12-2006, 8:37 AM
no it's not too late, Just do a character sheet then join the fun.
 ExtreamJedi12
05-12-2006, 5:33 PM
Super-hero Alias: The Alchemist
Appearance: Normal: http://rafael00731.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/liu_sonya_raiden_jade_movie2.jpg) (he's the one in the black vest)
Superhero: He wears an oni mask, white gloves, a blue jacket, a black shirt, grey pants, and blace boots.
Weapons Equipment: Whatever he can think of.
Powers: Alchemy
Bio: Charles Otto Piro looks like any other person in a crowd that people. When acually, no one expects him to be the world-traveling crimefighter, The Alchemist.

He first discovered his powers when he went into an old bookstore and found a strange-looking book. He snuck it out and went home and started to read it. It suddenly shrunk and embedded itself into his brain. He was then on a great alchemist.

At first, he had trouble controlling his powers(he accidentaly transumated his hand to a table). But after time passed, he soon learned to control his powers. Charles soon left his town to fight crime around the world. He is currently in New York.
 Writer
05-25-2006, 12:56 AM
edited my post in the thread. Have at it. :)
Page: 1 of 1