Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Next gen consoles.

Page: 1 of 1
 Psychochaos3
05-07-2006, 9:49 AM
The title really says everything. I'm a little pissed off by the fact that nintendo renamed the Revolution to the Wii.
 Smon
05-07-2006, 12:13 PM
It's a joke. It's not really called Wii. It's new name is "Nintendo Kawaii Cutiepie Chibi Deluxe".
 Smon
05-11-2006, 11:07 PM
YOU CAN BE METAKNIGHT AND SOLID SNAKE! At a $250 price tag the Wii is definitely on my christmas list. (http://www.smashbros.com/en/main.html)
 Razclock
05-12-2006, 1:16 PM
Yep I'm getting a Wii too. There's so many awesome games coming out on it ;D
 90SK
05-12-2006, 3:35 PM
I'm getting a Revolution, no doubt. It's more inventive than the X-Box 360, and costs about a third of what a PS3 is. Not to mention the fact that the PS3 has tried to rip off Revolution's motion sensor controller (which is going to render the thing a big expensive waste of space), which proves that Nintendo is the impressionable one. And the games looks sick. SSB3 is especially awesome, and Red Steel has got me drooling.

I don't have anything against the X-Box 360 either, but the price is a turnoff. I already have a Gamecube: it's more cost efficient to just nab a Revolution.
 Psychochaos3
05-12-2006, 3:40 PM
Let me get this straight. Characters from other franchises know about Super Smash bros.
 90SK
05-12-2006, 4:02 PM
 KingCheez
05-12-2006, 4:32 PM
SNAAAAAAAAAAAKE.

As we all know, I'm an insane MGS fan.

Snake beating the **** out of Mario will just be wonderful.
 Smon
05-12-2006, 4:37 PM
I'm getting a Revolution, no doubt. It's more inventive than the X-Box 360, and costs about a third of what a PS3 is. Not to mention the fact that the PS3 has tried to rip off Revolution's motion sensor controller (which is going to render the thing a big expensive waste of space), which proves that Nintendo is the impressionable one. And the games looks sick. SSB3 is especially awesome, and Red Steel has got me drooling.

I don't have anything against the X-Box 360 either, but the price is a turnoff. I already have a Gamecube: it's more cost efficient to just nab a Revolution.
Okay, you're reluctant to say Wii, oh well. Despite the name Nintendo will totally dominate next-gen consoles for four reasons:
1.Price tag, $250 or less.
2.Creativity, the controller will be very unique.
3.Downloadable games, that's a huge library out of the box.
4.SSBB, the killer app for the Gamecube which has been on the best selling list since it was released.
 90SK
05-12-2006, 7:54 PM
^ I can't help but be repulsed by the name "Wii", and what it means for the way people will look at the console. Hopefully the instant generalizations that people have made about it will disappear when it's released.

I can't wait to play my old N64 favorites on..Wii. That'll be a major selling point for older gamers.
 Razclock
05-13-2006, 5:30 AM
Who cares what it's called? I just want to play the games! And everything Smon said is true. The Wii shall dominate all! Anyway I'm really looking forward to Super Smash Bros Brawl. I still can't believe you get to be Snake lol
 zelda 41
05-13-2006, 9:12 AM
I'm gettimg a Wii for my birthday if it's out by July. If it's not, CHRISTMAS!!!!
 Smon
05-13-2006, 1:01 PM
It'll be released Q4, so yeah Christmas is your best bet.
 zelda 41
05-13-2006, 6:24 PM
Damn, and I was so wanting one from my parents.
Page: 1 of 1