Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

No mod works... :(

Page: 1 of 1
 Samuel Kim
05-03-2006, 5:30 PM
I was downloading mods other than JA+ to test my luck but I've been getting the same result.

The mod can run because I installed it correctly but none of it's features work. Even when I try configuring them in server.cfg
All mods are not working for me at all and I want to know why none of the features work while the mod does!
 dtriniman
05-03-2006, 6:29 PM
Aren't you the same guy who had the JA+ problem? How did that work out? Anyway are you putting your files in the correct place? Are you loading your mods from the main menu? Please give us more details so we can try to help you.
 Samuel Kim
05-03-2006, 7:52 PM
I learned something...

I found someone who has my same problem. The mod is running PROPERLY but it's... let's see, what shall we call it? Um... Benefits don't work at all... I read the readmes of all the mods I download and here's a quote from Ja+

Installation
unzip contents to gamedata folder
Ps:You must put the New gla anims pack in the BASE folder, not the Japlus.

Yup... and when I gave up making a server and joining Japlus servers, I still see people going like Jesus Christ nailed to the cross because of some problem.

Most Recent Situation:
"Hmm... Maybe the most recent OJP mod will work!"
*download and unzip into gamedata folder*
"Now it's time to try the thing out!"
*goes ingame and loads from mod menu*
"So far so.. what the heck is this?! WHERE'S THE DP THINGY?!"

yup... maybe my installation is screwed or something but I still downloaded it from the disk :(
 dtriniman
05-04-2006, 6:27 PM
Are you referring to ppl with their arms outstretched and flying?
 Samuel Kim
05-05-2006, 9:01 PM
Oh yeah..... riiiigghhhhtt.

I heard someone say something 'bout safe mode... whaz tat? :P
 dtriniman
05-06-2006, 5:14 PM
Ppl with their arms outstretched who appear to be flying are actually using the grapplehook. Since you're JA+ is not installed (or not installed properly) you won't see it. Safe mode usually refers to your PC OS. It your OS but only with the most basic features running.
 acdcfanbill
05-06-2006, 6:40 PM
ahh grapplehook, thats what that incredibly annoying thing is.
 Samuel Kim
05-06-2006, 9:27 PM
Err... eee... ahh... uhh... WTF IS THAT MEAN??!!
 dtriniman
05-07-2006, 5:26 AM
I just explained it to you and someone else got it. I've tried to help you but you're not helping yourself. I explain soemthing in detail but you don't understand, you want help but you don't give details. I'll try one more time then you're some1 elses problem. and BTW if you don't get the features of the mod it's NOT running properly. The problem is you're JA+ is screwed plain and simple. Either you get a !@#$%^ up install file or you didn't install it properly. I think you don't have the mental capability to do it yourself. You'll prob need someone to talk you through it step by step. Good Luck!
 Samuel Kim
05-07-2006, 8:15 AM
I don't know what OS is... that's all.
 dtriniman
05-07-2006, 1:24 PM
Operating System e.g Windows 3.1, 6.2, 95, 98, 98 SE, 2000, 2000 Pro, ME, XP Home, XP Pro, Vista, Linux, Mac OS X etc. etc.
 Samuel Kim
05-09-2006, 4:22 PM
Anyone here who can do that?
 dtriniman
05-09-2006, 9:09 PM
Do what?
 Samuel Kim
05-10-2006, 6:23 PM
... somebody help me plz...

I installed straight from a disk, it should work...

I'll try reinstalling but can anyone tell me more about OS and stuff?
 dtriniman
05-11-2006, 11:17 AM
Doesn't look like anyone is gonna help so I guess I'll have to step to the plate. IM me and let's work out a time to meet online and I'll work with you step by step.
 Eggman Dr
05-28-2006, 4:43 AM
You don't seem to know much about computers. You might want to look up some books on computers, it will help you to understand what people are talking about when other people talk about it.

Oh, and an OS is what makes Windows, Macintosh and Linux work at all.
 dtriniman
05-28-2006, 4:49 AM
LMAO. You're really late Egg. I already answered those questions. BTW this thread can be locked. I successfully troubleshooted the prob with Sam and his mods work now.
 Eggman Dr
05-28-2006, 4:57 AM
Oh, didn't look at the dates. I need to start doing that.
Page: 1 of 1