Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Never get stuck, eh?

Page: 1 of 1
 poinsettia
04-25-2006, 12:35 PM
I know you are never ment to get truley stuck in Grim Fandango but I think I have found a way to in year2. I have completed the game a few times and this happned a few years ago. I havent botherd to try it again, maybe someone else wants to test it?

In year2, in the High Rollers Lounge, follow all the steps you need to do to get Charlies money back. Once you have done that, complete any thing else you need to do in year2 but save making the police officer lose so it doesnt go to year3.

Go back to the high rollers lounge. Wedge your sythe back in the handles of the cupboard in the kitchen. Leave it there. Go back to your club, rig the table so it goes to year 3.

In year 3, you wont have your sythe, how can you complete the game now?

This happend ages ago as I said, I cant remember fully if that is what happend so it would be cool if someone could test this :)
 Thrik
04-25-2006, 7:46 PM
Wow, you're right — the scythe does indeed remain gone if you progress to year three without it. A good find!
 VampireNaomi
04-26-2006, 1:09 AM
Wow, flashback! Someone mentioned this on the forums years ago and I had all forgotten about it. I'm pretty sure it works. That person, whoever it was, said they tried it.

Good work at figuring that out. Most people never even think about it.
 Grim_comician
04-26-2006, 12:41 PM
Hopefully this will bring Lucasarts attention to it, they'll make a patch and Grim Fandango is like post-updated again. :)

But no, they're just busy with Star Wars and things like that.
 poinsettia
04-26-2006, 12:51 PM
I dont think they should patch it, I like it in a way :P

But yeah, Star Wars... :(
 retroman3000
04-28-2006, 6:18 AM
Heh. I'll definitely try this one. Maybe tomorrow..
I haven't played the game for aaaages.
 Klia
05-08-2006, 4:06 PM
Yeah, it does work, and after all that hard work if frustrates me to no end.

But I just had to find out. =]
 Samnmax221
05-09-2006, 4:39 PM
No way in hell they'd patch it now
Page: 1 of 1