Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

I Can't Save/Disc Space

Page: 1 of 1
 Kloppstock
04-24-2006, 3:59 PM
I have started to get problem saving in EaW

after i load up a game it all starts fine, and i can save as normal.but after doing several saves(owerwhriting same save) it starts to take longer and longer for the computer to whrite the save eatch time.
first time saving: normal 3-sec whait. last time saving: unormal - 5 min whait!

Still i have a wery fast computer
Now to the point. after waiting 5 min i get this message "unabel to save, check your free disc space"
i do so and see i have 4 Gb free on the Op hardrive where the saves going..and 150 Gb on the game installation hard drive. this should not be a problem with space

Well my EaW save map whas on 708 Mb..but i deleted down to 500 Mb (just for sure if there is a limit?)
Still it was wery ovios that the moore i played and saved it got worser and worser whit the save time
i have accualy minimized the game when i whriting this just beacuse i refuse to close untill i can save my progress again (cause offcorse it went wery well just before :blast5: )
anyway what can be wrong? please help me
 DarthMaulUK
04-25-2006, 12:47 PM
There have been some issues with saving games, although I am yet to experience any. The saved file could be corrupt - happens sometimes. Also, are you playing with the actual stand alone game , or using a mod?

DMUK
 Kloppstock
05-02-2006, 11:47 AM
My save map was on 900 Mb as most..and it took 4 min to do a simple safe, but after i deleted the half map the save took 3 sec again. so to big save map are causing this
 Kloppstock
06-15-2006, 8:40 AM
Wery annoying, my problem seem to be back after laying low soome time. even now when my save mapp is down at "only" 380 Mb
it take ages to save (some times only!). and when i check the procces manager EAW have stopped responding :(and i must kill the procces

it seems like the problem is allwaws occur on land battle on certain planets only.this time its on Kuat that is the problem..no matter if i delete the save game and create a new on this planet..i hope this is a bugg. i have installed patch 1.4. but i have hade this problems with previous patches to
am i the only one experiencing this?
Page: 1 of 1