Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Question about keyboard set-up

Page: 1 of 1
 jom
04-22-2006, 12:33 PM
Hello

Been a long time since I've posted here...actually this game didn't exist...it was the Outcast area.

Anyway, something that has puzzled me even as far back as the first JK game: How do you save your configuration such as Keyboard set-up and what not? I just played the demo for JK Academy this past week (yeah, I know...I'm WAAAYYY behind...lol) and noticed when I changed the game (from say Padwan to a tougher Master difficulty) my bindkeys didn't go with the new game I started...or it seemed. How can you save and then load different keyboard and mouse set-ups if needed?

Thanks

jom
 Kurgan
04-22-2006, 5:40 PM
Create an autoexec.cfg and put all your settings in there. My site (linked in sig, Strategic Academy/Outcast Strategy) tells how to create cfg files. Note that if you install a mod in its own folder it will have its own cfg files so you need to copy and paste your chosen cfg file(s) to that folder for them to work while running that mod!

Basically whatever is in autoexec.cfg will load every time you start the game and override any other settings.
 jom
04-23-2006, 2:42 PM
Thanks Kurgan! I'll check out your site...

I was a bit concerned about the mods myself. I have not got around to playing publicly created levels yet so I don't really know how to use them. I did with DF2:JK and DF but that was 100 years ago and I can't remember too much about it. :)

I'll check out the site and see what I can find.

jom
Page: 1 of 1